Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 10:47 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times

Advertisements

When the roads between Keene and Jaffrey are like they are this winter they could have held a stage of an international Car Rally on them. However this is an exceptional winter. If you have an AWD Car (think Subaru) good snow tires and some snow and ice driving experience you will have no problem.

I would appreciate it if you sent a Private Message to me when you get into Peterborough. My wife and I could meet with you at the Peterborough Diner and talk about New Hampshire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 11:50 AM

70 posts, read 179,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
When the roads between Keene and Jaffrey are like they are this winter they could have held a stage of an international Car Rally on them. However this is an exceptional winter. If you have an AWD Car (think Subaru) good snow tires and some snow and ice driving experience you will have no problem.

I would appreciate it if you sent a Private Message to me when you get into Peterborough. My wife and I could meet with you at the Peterborough Diner and talk about New Hampshire.
Greg, you made me laugh! Thank you for that! Here in Germany the winter was unusually WARM this year. Now, I don't mean to make anyone jealous, but we haven't had even one snowflake this year, so next winter will be a challenge for us! LOL We would love to meet you and your wife in Peterborough! I will definitely PM you when we're settled. It's nice to know we'll already have friends when we arrive. :-)

Old 03-09-2014, 04:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,083 times
Whatever you decide, Monadnock Co-op in Keene, Natures Green Grocer, Maggies, and Roy's in Peterborough all carry raw milk, yogurt, and cheese from Brookford Farm. It is run by a german family and its about the only damned place in the country you can get quark. You should come to the farm and chat! There's 4 boys ranging from 1 year to 11 years and they all speak german. I am also fairly sure their mom, Katarina, her family had something to do with creating the waldorf schools, I could be wrong though. Anyway, come visit some time. And if you see the Brookford truck come say hi and I will give you some quark.

Old 05-21-2014, 08:30 PM

137 posts, read 625,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfheim View Post
Your children will be much happier in Keene. I grew up in Wilton, it's a bit of a time-warp, and very rural, not much to do but drink, smoke pot and swim in the reservoir. My experience too was that the Waldorf schools there were a joke, I knew one kid in Boy Scouts who still had considerable difficulty reading short paragraphs at 13, and there were frequent stories of the Pine Hill students getting into all sorts of drug-fueled shenanigans. Wilton is lovely, and I'd love to move back, but not with children.

So you went to these schools ? That was your first hand "experience" ? Oh wait, maybe you just heard rumors or something ? The OP did not ask your advice on the schools.
Guess what , there are kids from all sorts of schools and educational systems that have trouble reading. And I've heard about kids from public schools AND private schools " ...getting into all sorts of drug-fueled shenanigans."

Old 05-21-2014, 10:49 PM

176 posts, read 298,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grubbyhubby View Post
So you went to these schools ? That was your first hand "experience" ? Oh wait, maybe you just heard rumors or something ? The OP did not ask your advice on the schools.
Guess what , there are kids from all sorts of schools and educational systems that have trouble reading. And I've heard about kids from public schools AND private schools " ...getting into all sorts of drug-fueled shenanigans."
Wow, sorry someone peed in your oatmeal. No I didn't go to Pine Hill, but I smoked pot and drank with about half the graduating classes of 94-99 at the Horseshoe before it got closed up and at the reservoir and Carnival Hill after. I'm glad you can read the OP's mind, I guess Pine Hill taught something, I just had to go on the assumption that parents wanted to send their kids to school to learn something besides how to hide beer from the Wilton cops and roll a sick blunt.

Far as I was aware, OP was posting on a public forum asking for advice on all three towns, and I was giving advice on a public forum about it. Next time, maybe you can police threads and keep a running tally of who can respond to what posts?

And I stand by my original advice, Wilton is great after 30 or so, but there's nothing for teens to do, and bored teens turn to the holy trinity of sex, drugs and rock n' roll. I had a graduating class of fifty-something, and I drank or smoked with all of them, because there was ****-all else to do. Wilton hasn't really improved its amount of stuff-to-do, so it means kids there are probably going to do the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire