Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 07:54 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,546,706 times

Advertisements

As Seacoast and primarily Dover is all I am familiar with, I recommend Kelly's and Blue Latitudes both in downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 10:09 AM

489 posts, read 963,937 times
The wife and I lived in Sunapee, so our suggestions are for the Dartmouth/Lake Sunapee Region:
Graze in New London for excellent meals from a sustainable restaurant.
Gusanoz in Lebanon for Mexican food.
Bubba's in Newbury for excellent pub food at regular prices with a million dollar view.
Blackwater Junction in Andover for amazing diner food, especially breakfast.
Foothills in Warner for amazing breakfast, and the cinnamon rolls.....oh wow, those cinnamon rolls.
Ramunto's in Claremont for very good pizza and pasta, as well as excellent gluten free choices. Including gluten free beer.

-Mike

Old 01-30-2014, 08:07 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
As we rarely go out for supper I'll limit the comments to breakfast and lunch places.

Manchester - Che Vichon
Londonderry/Derry - How's Your Onion
Monadnock - Peterborough Diner
Portsmouth - Bob's Lobster Shack in Kittery
Littleton - Littleton Diner
Greenfield - Greatview (?) restaurant on the north side of Rt. 33

Old 02-03-2014, 05:25 PM

611 posts, read 1,204,808 times
Hubby and I don't go out to eat all that much, but here goes:

Dartmouth/Sunapee region:
Three Tomatoes in Lebanon for a nice dinner out
C&S Pizza across the border in WRJ for the night in watching movies
The Fort truckstop in Lebanon for an awesome breakfast, plus it's open all night for those who can't sleep
Mike was right, Blackwater Junction in Andover is really good.

Lakes Region:
Not quite the Lakes Region, but I really liked Al's Village Pizza in Franklin and found the prices quite reasonable
If it's still open, The Downtown Tavern in Bristol generally has great food and the fish and chips can't be beat

Merrimack Valley:
Bradford Junction in Bradford serves a great breakfast and I doubt you'll find cheaper fare
Charlie Mac's in Warner is some of the best pizza I've had. I recommend the cheese lovers. The baklava is pretty good, but rich.

North Country:
We discovered Wayne's Market in Lincoln (or is it Woodstock?) when we were up that way. Stop there every time we are up north. Pies are amazing and he makes a great meatball sub. Didn't see a need to go to a sit down restaurant after that.

Now I feel like I need to get out more!

Old 02-03-2014, 09:05 PM

73 posts, read 119,137 times
The best meal I ever ate was a filet mignon with garlic mashed potatoes at the Birchwood Inn in Temple back in 1998. The inn is still in operation, but under new management.

The roast beef sandwich with BBQ sauce and pickles at Beefside in Concord places a close second. I don't know what I'll do if that place ever closes.

#3 was lamb chops and garlic potatoes at another NH restaurant that no longer exists: the Moxy Grill in Concord, circa 2000.

The Crystal Quail in Barnstead is supposedly the best restaurant north of Boston, but I've never been. It's miles off of any state highway, $75 prix fixe, sits 12 people per meal (if that), and it's BYOB, so the clientele tends to be self-selecting. If anyone else here has eaten there, I'd like to hear about it. (Ditto the new Birchwood Inn ~ I've been meaning to see what the new owners have done, but am hesitant to blemish the memory of perfection).

Old 06-19-2014, 12:33 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,494,238 times
Not that I want this place to get more crowded and the wait to be longer, but the Tuckaway Tavern in Raymond is quickly becoming one of my new favorite places.

The buy one get one free lobster rolls on Monday and Tuesday is a hard deal to beat!

Old 06-19-2014, 07:43 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,945,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris410 View Post
The buy one get one free lobster rolls on Monday and Tuesday is a hard deal to beat!
Sounds like a good place for a City-Data meet up Gotta love 2 for 1 deals!!

Old 06-21-2014, 03:59 PM

259 posts, read 601,642 times
Hooked Seafood in Manchester. Fabulous!

Old 06-22-2014, 08:23 PM

611 posts, read 1,204,808 times
Along the foodie thread....
Anyone know of a good place to get Southern style food? Not Cajun, but the likes of pulled pork, fried okra, and grits?

Old 06-23-2014, 11:44 AM

489 posts, read 963,937 times
Bubba's in Newbury has some great pulled pork. I don't think they have grits or okra though.

-Mike
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire