Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 09:09 AM

2,649 posts, read 3,542,547 times

Advertisements

A friend of mine suggested that I give this place a try, so Sunday we hopped on the Mistress and gave it a go.

The place was well packed and we had at least four parties ahead of us but finally get inside the
building.. a trio of locals at a six person table offered to share with us.. Don, Don and Wanda ( I think )

Don ( middle Don ) is in the process of putting a Sporty basket case back together..after breakfast
he was off to shoot the frame.

I got a chance to either scare or entertain a young man while waiting for grub

Ah food..this here is Lindas..the Pile Up

A mishmash of eggs, meat cheese and home fries.. I had the upper birth which included
pancakes eggs home fries, sausage,bacon, ham, and toast. Most of the food was standard diner
fare.. filling and good..the pancakes..not so much.. but considering all the food we got
plus an orange juice and coffee the $11.25 tab was a delight..good place..good locals
what more could one ask for. The Junction is located on route 114, and if you are in the area you may want to do a little weekend drive and check out the now completed and unfenced Sunapee covered
bridge

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 10:05 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,493,305 times
Had the worst breakfast experience ever in my life at this place. glad you had a better one!

Old 06-19-2014, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris410 View Post
Had the worst breakfast experience ever in my life at this place. glad you had a better one!

I know how that goes..despite many attempts I am still at a loss over peoples fascination with the Red Arrow myself

Old 06-19-2014, 07:54 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Hmmm... it seems like the best part about the Red Arrow restaurant is its location (Sunapee). So one would go to the area for the scenery and to see the covered bridge. However, it sounds like the Red Arrow is the only restaurant in the area. And the best part about this place is that it's cheap and the portions are generous... but the quality of the food is mediocre to poor (the pancakes). And not everyone wants to share a table with complete strangers.

So I wouldn't go to Sunapee just for the purpose of dining at the Red Arrow. And maybe I'd bring along my own lunch so that I wouldn't have to eat there. lol.

Old 06-19-2014, 11:39 PM

489 posts, read 963,552 times
There is a Red Arrow Diner in Manchester and Milford, but there is not one in Sunapee.

As for the bridge, it's been finished and open since mid September 2013.

-Mike

Old 06-20-2014, 09:59 AM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
I know how that goes..despite many attempts I am still at a loss over peoples fascination with the Red Arrow myself
Okay. I'm confused... but after reading this thread, I'm never going to eat at The Bradford Junction Restaurant or the Red Arrow Diners.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:08 AM

Miu wrote..Hmmm... it seems like the best part about the Red Arrow restaurant is its location (Sunapee). So one would go to the area for the scenery and to see the covered bridge. However, it sounds like the Red Arrow is the only restaurant in the area. And the best part about this place is that it's cheap and the portions are generous... but the quality of the food is mediocre to poor (the pancakes). And not everyone wants to share a table with complete strangers.

So I wouldn't go to Sunapee just for the purpose of dining at the Red Arrow. And maybe I'd bring along my own lunch so that I wouldn't have to eat there. lol.

I am confused as to how you are confused.. The pancakes were under par..everything else was good..No one said the Red Arrow was in Sunapee.. that was a statement on how one can not like a place others flock too ( The Red Arrow after all is renown and has appeared on many foodie TV shows ) And yes I suppose not everyone wants to share tables with complete strangers..might get to make some new friends that way and who would want to do that..right?

Old 06-20-2014, 11:58 AM
miu

I was confused because your pictures showed the Bradford Junction Restaurant, then in a later post, you mention the Red Arrow Diner... anyway, you aren't impressed with the quality of the food at either place.

Old 06-20-2014, 12:51 PM

Uh..actually I mentioned the Red Arrow in a follow up..again as an example of what some like, others don't.. and again, apart from the pancakes everything else was good..standard diner fare at above average value

Old 06-20-2014, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post

OK I went back and read this I fail to see how one can think I was saying that there was a Red Arrow in Sunapee. but just to make sure here goes..

chris410 related how he had a lousy breakfast there ( Bradford Junction that is ) even though I was happy with it .. I understood how that goes because folks rave about the Red Arrow all the time.. I think it's on the B if not C list of places to go..never have been impressed with it.

In fact I was more impressed with a recent visit to the Sandwich Depot in Concord for breakfast then I ever was at the Red Arrow. I hope that clarifies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire