Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 09:44 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,451,966 times
yep, Hollis is a great town, and often overlooked. not sure why. Like BaB's husband, I had felt that if I didn't go to college outside of New England, I'd never see any more of the country than my cousins in NJ! I've seen enough. I wannacomehome!

WCH--I am right there with you! Having lived in Brookline(NH)10 yrs ago, and wanting to see more of the country--even wanting my kids to experience more diversity---I've seen enough! If only I'd known it was NOT going to be the idealistic experience my immaturity imagined, I wouldn't have agreed to leave here & raise my family in SoCal in the first place! I kicked myself for a long time for taking NH life for granted, and am so grateful to be back.

I think Hollis is overlooked largely because of the restricted growth. Lots of people want those brand new McMansions. Nearby Groton, MA, is popular, and is growing more rapidly, and seems more yuppieish than Hollis, which really has maintained a bit of integrity, as in, not everyone here is a trendy BMW driver (no offense to anyone, of course).

Kayaking is fun! I love canoeing also, and am looking forward to doing it again next Spring/Summer. Have you used the Nashua Rail Trail? Very nice bike/running/walking/equestrian path, around 12 miles long.

Old 01-06-2008, 03:55 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,176,855 times
Question What happened to remember-voltaire????

What happened to remember-voltaire????? He came to visit NH, now under his name it says "not a member".....

Old 01-06-2008, 04:44 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,197,813 times
Thumbs up Good Question!!

"DARE TO DREAM" I was thinking the same thing, and it happened

recently.... ????

WHERE ARE YOU REMEMBER-VOLTAIRE????

I think VALERIE C was going to help him out, with buying & or looking

at a house, maybe she knows something....

Anyway, hopefully he & his family are doing well, and they have moved to

NH!

TAKE GOOD CARE "REMEMBER-VOLTAIRE!!" Come back soon!!

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
What happened to remember-voltaire????? He came to visit NH, now under his name it says "not a member".....

Old 01-06-2008, 05:04 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,176,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
"DARE TO DREAM" I was thinking the same thing, and it happened

recently.... ????

WHERE ARE YOU REMEMBER-VOLTAIRE????

I think VALERIE C was going to help him out, with buying & or looking

at a house, maybe she knows something....

Anyway, hopefully he & his family are doing well, and they have moved to

NH!

TAKE GOOD CARE "REMEMBER-VOLTAIRE!!" Come back soon!!

Countrylv22
Do you think Valerie kidnapped him and his family?????

Old 01-06-2008, 05:22 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,197,813 times
Talking Funny!! He He He!

Quote:
You are too funny "DARE TO DREAM"!! Ha Ha Ha!! However, I do not think

that she is that "type" of REAL ESTATE PROFESSIONAL, she is one of the

GOOD ONES! And that is hard to find! Really, she is

DIFFERENT
from the rest!! We are lucky to have her!!

Hopefully we will hear from her soon! If not we will have to send a search

party for all of them ASAP!

VALERIE C, please tell us where REMEMBER-VOLTAIRE IS!

"DARE TO DREAM", What about if they never made it to meeting with her...

Oh, well hopefully one of them will chime in soon!

WHERE ARE YOU REMEMBER-VOLTAIRE!!!??

Take care everyone,

Countrylv22

Old 01-06-2008, 06:58 PM

625 posts, read 2,435,895 times
Quote:
where you from, ?
do you like NH?
are you a native?
what gets your goat about NH?
what you like best about NH ?
what you do, where you live, any kids, favourite sports team, favourite sport, hobbies, where you would hate to live, worst place you ever lived, best film(movie) basically anything for a chit chat?
--Born in CA, lived over most of the western states growing up, stationed in lots of places during 12 years in the Navy, stayed in CA after I got out until mid-2006.

--So far, love it.

--Nope.

--Not being able to drive to Vegas anymore.

--Peace and quiet.

--Work at Seabrook power plant (electrical maintenance), separated (wife didn't like the thought of leaving OC), no kids, big time Angels fan, bigger time Broncos fan, poker and travel, would hate to live in MA, worst place I ever lived/stationed was Guam (but diving was AWESOME), and best movie--list too long to mention.

Old 01-06-2008, 06:59 PM

625 posts, read 2,435,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
Suzette makin a list......

Dare-Baileys Irish Cream
voltaire-TripleCaptain Morgan
Boo-Pinot Grigio
I'll go cheap on ya. Bud Light, or failing that I'll take a Red Hook.

Old 01-06-2008, 07:38 PM

2,392 posts, read 2,540,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCCASparky View Post
--Born in CA, lived over most of the western states growing up, stationed in lots of places during 12 years in the Navy, stayed in CA after I got out until mid-2006.

--So far, love it.

--Nope.

--Not being able to drive to Vegas anymore.

--Peace and quiet.

--Work at Seabrook power plant (electrical maintenance), separated (wife didn't like the thought of leaving OC), no kids, big time Angels fan, bigger time Broncos fan, poker and travel, would hate to live in MA, worst place I ever lived/stationed was Guam (but diving was AWESOME), and best movie--list too long to mention.
I've heard the same thing said about Guam from others too...at least there was some good of it.

Glad to see your posts. It's nice to have your input on NH, since you've lived in California before too. Except I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would want to drive to Vegas, voluntarily anyway!

Old 01-06-2008, 07:42 PM

2,392 posts, read 2,540,509 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
VALERIE C, please tell us where REMEMBER-VOLTAIRE IS!

"DARE TO DREAM", What about if they never made it to meeting with her...

Oh, well hopefully one of them will chime in soon!

WHERE ARE YOU REMEMBER-VOLTAIRE!!!??

Take care everyone,

Countrylv22
You both are too funny! In another thread Valerie mentioned they visited & were probably heading back home. I'd like to hear how his visit went too. Hopefully he'll report back to us!

Old 01-07-2008, 03:36 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,957,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuggaBoo2 View Post
You both are too funny! In another thread Valerie mentioned they visited & were probably heading back home. I'd like to hear how his visit went too. Hopefully he'll report back to us!
I hope him and his family had a wonderful time. I am anxious to hear all about it too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire