Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 05:49 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,488,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by remember-voltaire View Post
can understand paying back the money

, thought something was more to the story of him quitting, columbo eat your heart out
sign me up for detective school

still can
t fathom out why it's got to be run paramilitary wise and also why you have to go away from family, and nnot do 9 to 5 like most schools that way seeing your kids and misses
Believe me I thought about this situation so much my head almost exploded... its all about the "Tradition" I understand thats very important here in NE.. I'm totally for tradition and support how things are and how they've always been. I'm not here to change it.. but on this situation its like come one... The academy acutally p*ssed off the Mayor one night he was staying at a hotel across from the academy and the sergents were mad about something and pulled all the cadets outside at like 9 at night had em all doing hard core PT and running, and they were yelling at em and stuff, and it was freezing. The mayor came over pretty much told em to shut their traps and get those people inside it was too cold... I cheered for him.. he's got my vote lol.. My husband is not an emotional man... in the 7 years I've been with him I've never seen him cry, become misty eyed anything, he's the swallow it down , shut your trap and be a man man.. You know the type (yes I'm rolling my eyes) This academy got to him.. He was really down in the dumps, not emotional in the crying sense but just emotional almost like a kid who didnt' want to go to school.. On the last two sundays that he had to go , and I had moved up he would literally whine I don't wanna go, i can't do this anymore I hate that place... He's never quit a job in his life over things like managers, drama etc he's just not phased... But he looked at me one night and just said would you hate me if I quit , and thats when I knew it was bad... I told him he can't quit now he's almost done but I actually was scared for him.. I just think the whole situation they put them through is totally unnecessary and absurd.. Just my opinion

Old 12-17-2007, 09:46 AM

450 posts, read 557,569 times
you sound like a very understanding woman, your husband is a very lucky man

all the best and merry christmas for your family and give my regards and respect to your husband

just don't give me a ticket

Old 12-17-2007, 10:22 AM

Quote:
you sound like a very understanding woman, your husband is a very lucky man

all the best and merry christmas for your family and give my regards and respect to your husband

just don't give me a ticket
lol well thank you.. I try, he's been very patient with me over the last three years with my illness, and not being able to work and supporting me and working sometimes 80 hours a week without questioning for one second not doing it for the rest of his life if need be.. So I figure this is the least I can do for him. If he's gotta work the 80 hours at least it should be something he likes.. And don't worry I'll put in a good word for ya as far as tickets !! He doesn't like to give them.. especially on the holidays.. He has a guilty concience (sp?) and sometimes if he gives tickets (which he tries not to he's a big believer in second chances, well not with like drunk drivers but you get the point ) to people who dont' have the money or with kids he'll let it get to him and wish he could have thought of a way to just give a warning.. Unfortunatly his job is to give tickets when warrented of course

Old 12-17-2007, 04:51 PM

totally understand where your husband is coming from

sounds you two were made for each other, maybe we'll bump into your husband (not in jail for me though I hope)or you one day in the future along with country, bigfry(cracks me up), nicole, suzet, bugga, and all the rest of the NH regulars.

I'll be seeing you soon valerie, I'll give you a call if that is alright with you

I';ll have a welcoming open just bought my house party, don't worry the wife isn't cooking

Old 12-17-2007, 09:58 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,955,436 times
Quote:
totally understand where your husband is coming from

sounds you two were made for each other, maybe we'll bump into your husband (not in jail for me though I hope)or you one day in the future along with country, bigfry(cracks me up), nicole, suzet, bugga, and all the rest of the NH regulars.

I'll be seeing you soon valerie, I'll give you a call if that is alright with you

I';ll have a welcoming open just bought my house party, don't worry the wife isn't cooking

No parties until I move out there!!!!

Old 12-18-2007, 06:50 PM

I'll have a special one for you suzet

Old 12-18-2007, 09:10 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,955,436 times
Quote:
I'll have a special one for you suzet
Ohhhhhhhh, a special one for me. I like that, so does that mean that you all will be buyin me a drink??

Old 12-19-2007, 07:13 AM

lets not get carried away now

we'll have a special party but you can still get the drinks

Old 03-05-2008, 06:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,980 times
Being a graduate of a Fl academy and also the NH academy. Good Luck. You'll know how to march, eat, make a bed ect.... but know very little about the job your about to start. As far as the people saying it's the hardest academy, physically maybe, educationally not. It's probably the worst when it come to teaching you how to do your job and stay safe doing it. I worked in NH as a police officer for 3 years, couldn't wait to get back to FL. If your not from there, good luck. If I was to do it all over again I wouldn't, but if I did, I'd only check, and I mean only check, Manchester, Nashua and Dover. The rest, well lets say thier still in the 70's.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman2008 View Post
Being a graduate of a Fl academy and also the NH academy. Good Luck. You'll know how to march, eat, make a bed ect.... but know very little about the job your about to start. As far as the people saying it's the hardest academy, physically maybe, educationally not. It's probably the worst when it come to teaching you how to do your job and stay safe doing it. I worked in NH as a police officer for 3 years, couldn't wait to get back to FL. If your not from there, good luck. If I was to do it all over again I wouldn't, but if I did, I'd only check, and I mean only check, Manchester, Nashua and Dover. The rest, well lets say thier still in the 70's.
LOL I totally agree and so does the hub.. They're very technically from what I understand. They teach you the laws (and I think thats where your 7 tests a week come from) but as far as doing your job.. No they don't teach that, we were just having this discussion the other day where my husband said he can't for the life of him understand the extreamly strick military based workings of the academy. They kept telling him you'll understand when you leave or whatever and on his opinion card he pretty much told him no use.. I guess they do it for people going to Dover and Manchester that I believe are both military depts.
The other depts are jokes you're right, hell Keene is still using Paper time cards lol, got to phisically write in your hours.. Of course they're up to date now cause they have one charger lol!!!! Oh boy the hub won't even go close to that academy anymore. We cringe when we have to drive to Concord for an ALS trial...Which Keene convienitly didn't tell us we should be taking the cop cruiser for instead of our own vehicle until hmm lets see a YEAR after my husband started( can't ask these things if you dont know them!) But thats cool cause I saved every reciept from filling up for gas purposes so i'm just gonna go after the dept for my money back.. Perhaps after this 4th time of not telling us about something important like this a little money out of their pocket will help them remember for next time.

As far as us not being from here, no we're not , and it shows in their attitudes and how they treat people. I'm sure you know all about it, the "forgetting" to tell us issues is getting a bit out of control we're on #4 of important things we didn't tell the new officer. They just had a new officer start two weeks ago from somewhere or another and my husband is trying to be really nice and joke with him etc, says the other "local/native" officers wont' hardly even talk to him. Which I believe they did it to my husband and they still do it a year later, its sad really. They say they don't want to be friend with outsiders cause we just move away and break they heart or whatever cause they become close with us yet they bring down their own demise by NOT being more friendly with outsiders and pushing them away. Sad really
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire