Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2008, 08:39 PM

47 posts, read 195,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
Auto, you take the most incredible shots of the most simple things. The lighting, the reflections... I think my favorite is the snail trail (love the barnacles on the snail!) I've slowed down in alot of my photography because digital just doesn't seem to have the clarity that I used to get with my SLR, maybe I need to ditch the cheap Kodak and go back to a real camera My old Canon T90 still works, but I never bring it out anymore cuz digital is so easy (and cheap, no processing fees...)

Anyway, nice pics!!

(edit: just noticed in the next thread that you shoot with a Canon Power Shot... do you do alot of touchup work, or are these pics "point, shoot, and post"?)
Thanks!
Slowing down is something that took me a while to do lol.
One thing I trained my self to do was to look at everything as if I was taking a shot of it. I do this even at work. Makes finding the shot easier, for me anyway.

I started out with a sweet 35mm Cannon but found film expensive and fustrating to work with. I figured that I'd start out with a simple point and shoot to get the hang of digital first. I do some graphic design on the side. Thats where i could get the final result that I was seeing in my eye to come out for everyone to see, even if the camera was not playing along. I use Photoshop CS2 to do my post work. With the powershot I really dont have to do all that much editing. Cause over all it does take nice images if take the time with it. Just slight color adjustments and sharpness due to resizing for the web. Though I am looking forward to upgrading to a more profecional camera.

Example:
The first is what would be my Raw my image, only fixing the sharpness due to the resizing. Its not bad but not too much detail in the shell can be seen. That bugs me cause i could see it with my eyes. lol
The second is the finished with the adjusted adjusted lighting and slight color adjustment.
I could do further selective adjusts within the image and would if I was selling it. But overall it doesnt look too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH2NCMom View Post
Auto do you have the S2 or S3?
S2 I believe, not sure I'll have to look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 11:30 AM

248 posts, read 805,107 times
Auto- What fantastic pictures of the beach! WOW!

Old 07-17-2008, 07:39 AM

263 posts, read 859,130 times
Default lovin' the pics

Here are a few more that I took while canoeing on Harvey Lake.
Attached Thumbnails
Picture Thread for NH-ducks-july-08-harvey-lake-2.jpg   Picture Thread for NH-july-08-harvey-lake.jpg   Picture Thread for NH-p1040420.jpg  

Old 07-17-2008, 02:07 PM

1,281 posts, read 3,702,676 times
pool? what pool? oh you mean that thing that is under the float that's as big as it? LOL she's adorable as always.

PS Love the pic of Nubble Light at Night - I have many similar shots. I used to make that at least once a year trip to Nubble Light (about a 20 minute drive LOL) for the lighthouse, climb on the rocks and for the ICE CREAM and seafood

and yes I am STILL in rep jail, and still swamped with work!

Old 07-17-2008, 04:05 PM

3,533 posts, read 12,302,661 times
Talking aww rep jail eerrrrrr

Quote:
pool? what pool? oh you mean that thing that is under the float that's as big as it? LOL she's adorable as always.

PS Love the pic of Nubble Light at Night - I have many similar shots. I used to make that at least once a year trip to Nubble Light (about a 20 minute drive LOL) for the lighthouse, climb on the rocks and for the ICE CREAM and seafood

and yes I am STILL in rep jail, and still swamped with work!
well take a break and have some icecream...lol... yes that's a pool under the float..lol we used to live about 30 minutes away from there. it is my DW's favorite place. every time we make it out that way we go there. i'm in rep jail too. bummer

Old 07-17-2008, 05:00 PM

248 posts, read 805,107 times
Wow, I love the lighthouse picture! I'm not in NH yet, so please apologize if this sounds silly - where is that picture taken? I would love to join in for some sea food and ice cream!

Old 07-17-2008, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzmjp View Post
Wow, I love the lighthouse picture! I'm not in NH yet, so please apologize if this sounds silly - where is that picture taken? I would love to join in for some sea food and ice cream!

that picture of the light house was taken in york maine. it's about 25 minutes from portsmouth nh. lot's of seafood and icecream places up there. the water fall pic's i took here in upstate ny in the adirondaks. questions answered here..lol

Old 07-17-2008, 05:24 PM

1,281 posts, read 3,702,676 times
Its right up Rte 1 going into Ogunquit from York Beach - if you're in Portsmouth take 95N and then take Exit 3 I believe (been a little bit since I did the trip - trying to unearth some of the memories and blow off the dust LOL)

Old 07-17-2008, 05:33 PM

Talking we will help you don't worry

Quote:
Its right up Rte 1 going into Ogunquit from York Beach - if you're in Portsmouth take 95N and then take Exit 3 I believe (been a little bit since I did the trip - trying to unearth some of the memories and blow off the dust LOL)

ya, your right. when your on 95 in maine just look for route 1 and then just look for the signs for york. you can't miss it. if you do just stop and ask or bring your tom tom....lol

Old 07-17-2008, 07:25 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,942,077 times
NH2NC, you've got the right idea, but I think it's been awhile since you've been to Maine--a couple of years ago, they renumbered all of the exits! We've got lots of family in Maine, and previous Exit 3 (Biddeford) is now Exit 32! The easiest way to get from points south to Nubble Light is 95 to Exit 7 (for perspective, exit 7 used to be Scarborough/OOB) which is Route 1 to Route 1A. You'll see signs all over the place for Nubble Point/Nubble Light.

Since you're in the area, you'll want to just follow Rte 1 a little further and visit Bald Head Cliff and Ogunquit. If you were coming in summertime, I'd never recommend that you go (parking fills up early!) but in October, it'll be perfect! You can visit Perkin's Cove (cute little shops!) and then stroll The Marginal Way, a paved walkway with lots of benches and great views of the cliffs and the ocean. It's one of the most beautiful spots on the seacoast--and worth the time visit!

Quote:

Last edited by Valerie C; 07-17-2008 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: LOL A TYPO! BIDDEFORD WAS EXIT 4, NOT 3!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire