Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2008, 05:39 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,290,373 times

Advertisements

I hope you feel better soon Suzet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 06:01 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,154,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
I got back from my sewing class and got hit with a huge panic attack. Scared the heck out of me. I havent had one in awhile. Except for driving awhile back. I hate when these things just pop up for no reason....I see that you guys have been having fun again. I will come back later when I feel better...I just had to come on to do some mod stuff...see you guys later
Suzet - I'm sooooo sorry this happened to you. Unfortunately, it seems to be the "nature of the beast." I hadn't had a panic attack in over 2 years and about a month ago I got hit with one for no rhyme or reason, scaring the crap outta me and the old "what if I go back to where I was?" The best way I found to deal with it, this time at least, was to acknowledge that it was there and ride it out and let it run it's course. I was scared to death I was going to end up agoraphobic again since it had been so long since I'd had a true, full-blown panic attack. I made myself get out and go somewhere just to prove to myself that I could handle it.

When I first started therapy for panic disorder, I told my 'trist that it seemed as though whenever I was feeling good and going out and doing, then my head decided to "punish" me and throw me a curve with a major panic attack. He told me that was quite common. It may be what happened to you today - you've been doing so well, your 'subconscious' decided to throw you a curve.

I hope you're feeling better by now - if I can be of any help, either post here or DM me and remember to breathe......slow, calming breaths.....

Big hugs to you!

Old 08-12-2008, 07:40 PM

248 posts, read 803,293 times
Suzet, my best wishes for you.... I"m sorry about the sudden and random panic attack... They can be frightening. I hope you feel better soon!

Old 08-12-2008, 07:56 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,439,822 times
Oh no, Suzet, I'm sorry
take good care of yourself, tomorrow is another day...
Hopefully you can focus on your progress and all your recent triumphs, and it will help to get you through.
...if you're awake tonight after 2am and it's clear outside you might see some Perseid meteors streaking across the sky. Just offering something to take your mind off things since I know you're often awake.
oh, and Dare made a good point reminding you to breathe slow calming breaths. I second her advice!
Wishing you a peaceful night.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:49 AM

105 posts, read 356,676 times
Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day here in the Lakes Region.....about time too! I was feeling a little bit waterlogged, lol

Suzet, hope these cheer you up, have a great day!

Old 08-13-2008, 06:00 AM

Beautiful pics nhrocky! It will be nice to see the sun for awhile!

Old 08-13-2008, 06:46 AM

1,281 posts, read 3,693,922 times
Default My concert pictures are up

If you go to my profile on my public messages I posted a link to my photobucket page for you all to view them. I haven't got them all labeled - only did that on my myspace photo page - but if you want to know who is who please ask

Old 08-13-2008, 06:56 AM

Really nice pics NH2NCMom ! Next time I go to a concert, I'll have to bring you along to take the pictures for me!

Old 08-13-2008, 08:10 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,279,297 times
Talking ya whooooooo

i'll be sure to take pic's to show you guys when we go to brooks & dunn & zz top..we can't wait....
http://bestsmileys.com/music2/20.gif (broken link)

Old 08-13-2008, 08:32 AM

1,281 posts, read 3,693,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRRACING View Post
i'll be sure to take pic's to show you guys when we go to brooks & dunn & zz top..we can't wait....
http://bestsmileys.com/music2/20.gif (broken link)
yes I want pics and full report seeing we will be seeing them a week after you I want to know what to expect LOL

Thanks Wanna - I only do rock and country now LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire