Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2014, 07:32 AM

238 posts, read 315,160 times

Advertisements

Good news for those who think Massachusetts is just shy of Sodom and Gomorrah: the influx of Mass natives into NH has leveled off.

For more details check out the interactive graph here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 07:40 AM

The bad news (for those who feel Massachusetts is just shy to Sodom and Gomorrah):

The population of Massachusetts-born residents is growing faster than the population born in the state.

Old 08-20-2014, 06:36 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Albany NY 68 years ago.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:28 PM

57 posts, read 101,271 times
I saw a census that showed that more people migrate to NH from MA than any other state -- but more people migrate TO MA from NH, too. Still, I hate it that people from MA move here to escape their oppressive politics and then vote likewise here!

Old 08-20-2014, 08:20 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
I predict more out-migration to MA in the future due to the stronger job growth in the Boston region overall..

Old 08-21-2014, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
I predict more out-migration to MA in the future due to the stronger job growth in the Boston region overall..
Yep. MA is currently the top destination for NH born (the chart now has a button near the top right hand corner that switches from immigration to emigration).

Also, apparently the link in the original posting doesn't always show NH. People may need to use the "Jump to a state" drop down list.

The tend has been young people are moving away and retirees moving in; creating a "silver tsunami".

Old 08-27-2014, 10:24 AM

132 posts, read 195,841 times
[/quote]Still, I hate it that people from MA move here to escape their oppressive politics and then vote likewise here![/quote]

How do you know this? Do you position yourself at the polling place, check everyone's birth certificate and ballot?
It makes more sense that most people who move here do so mainly because they like it here. If they wanted Ma. (or Ca, Fla, NY, NJ, etc) politics, they would simply stay there. It makes no sense that anyone would move here to escape their home state's politics, economy or whatever, then try to make it like their home state.

Old 08-27-2014, 11:32 AM

1,200 posts, read 2,216,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeMomNH View Post
Still, I hate it that people from MA move here to escape their oppressive politics and then vote likewise here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtneer12
How do you know this? Do you position yourself at the polling place, check everyone's birth certificate and ballot?
It makes more sense that most people who move here do so mainly because they like it here. If they wanted Ma. (or Ca, Fla, NY, NJ, etc) politics, they would simply stay there. It makes no sense that anyone would move here to escape their home state's politics, economy or whatever, then try to make it like their home state.
It happens all the time. They vote for the expensive school budgets, public services, public handouts, then when property taxes and crime increase they leave only to repeat their voting cycle.

I go to town meetings, I see the MA-Holes complaining that the town doesn't provide enough free stuff all the time. I just shake my head and realize it's a disease.

Old 08-29-2014, 02:55 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,849,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgthoskins View Post
[/i]It happens all the time. They vote for the expensive school budgets, public services, public handouts, then when property taxes and crime increase they leave only to repeat their voting cycle.

I go to town meetings, I see the MA-Holes complaining that the town doesn't provide enough free stuff all the time. I just shake my head and realize it's a disease.
If you look at the state voting by town, it is the northern and western areas that tend to vote for the democrats. The southern region, where most of the MA transplants live (including me), tend to vote more conservative....

United States presidential election in New Hampshire, 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire