Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2014, 09:18 AM

2 posts, read 2,785 times

Advertisements

I have at long last decided to take the leap & leave NY. Between the crime rates & being taxed to death, & just the over all tired of the "ghetto" mindset (not to offend anyone). I want a more peacefully life.

I really fell in love with all the good people of NH, from the people at Poor Persons Pub to the local clerk at the gas station, to the wonderful clerks at the town halls everyone is so nice & friendly what a huge difference from here in CNY.

We love the Wakefield, Brookfield Union, New Durham areas & went to check out some houses.

So some questions:
So Question 1: Why are there so many homes for sale?

2:Are there any good rent to own properties with some land out there, that we could have some animals on?

Some of the properties we looked at have been on the market for over 500 days. Why do owners let the properties just sit there & do nothing with them?

In looking for most of the summer the mortgage rates are almost the same as renting, so am I missing something?

I know everyone has said the winter is hard up there, we are from CNY we get hit with not only snow , but also lake effect on top of it (we are the snow capital for sometime now) getting 10 inches of snow a day is nothing. The cold also doesn't bother us. As I tell my whole family put on a sweater & grab a blanket it's winter it gets cold.

Again I can't tell you how wonderful it was to be in such a great place. We live in a place that has went down hill fast. Crime has taken over & one can no longer even take a walk in a park without being harassed & fearing for one safety.

So if anyone knows of any good rent to own (5 years max) please give me a shout

Last edited by Lovin NH; 08-30-2014 at 09:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 10:56 AM

813 posts, read 1,272,525 times
I have a home in Manchester that is on the market. I know it is not your target area at all, but if you're looking for someplace to rent, we are open to renting it vs. selling it. It is not right in the city, but on a half acre in the corner of city limits in a quiet neighborhood.

Because I don't want to seem like I am advertising, I don't want to post the link to the listing here, but if you're interested send me a message privately.

Again, I know it is not your target area, but I figure I would throw it out there.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:57 PM

2 posts, read 2,785 times
Thanks for answering.
I did try to PM you but this is the message I received:

Sorry, you reached your daily limit of -1 Direct Messages.
Date the restriction will be lifted: 01-01-1970 07:00 PM.

I think that time has come & passed...lol

If you can send me a message with you contact info would like to take a look.

Again thank you

Old 08-30-2014, 02:06 PM

813 posts, read 1,272,525 times
I sent you a private message.

Old 08-30-2014, 03:30 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,246,180 times
We live just a few miles north of the area you mentioned in Effingham. We love it up here. We eat at Poor Peoples quite often. Awesome food. A lot of the houses that you see for sale could be second homes. This area is popular for summer people. There are an awful lot of lakes in this area. Times are tough. A lot of people are having to let go of the 2nd house. Maybe that's why they can let them sit on the market for so long. Talk to some of the local realtors about houses that could be rent to own. I'm sure you'll find something. Living here you will probably have to travel some distance for work but we find the benefits well worth it. If you have any questions about this general area let me know. I'll help you if I can. Good Luck.

Old 08-30-2014, 06:51 PM

611 posts, read 1,204,808 times
Rents do seem high in NH but IMO the rent vs mortgage ratio has been a bit skewed across the country with housing prices readjusting after the crash. In areas where there are higher percentages of home owners, there are also less rental properties available, keeping the rents higher.

When we were house searching, we found that the homes on the market for long periods were generally priced too high. Some of them looked good on the realtor websites but when we went to look at them, there was something glaringly wrong, like they needed a lot of work or the location was not all that desirable. The number of second homes is probably a factor as well.

I don't know of any rent to own properties, but also am not familiar with the areas you listed. You might try one of the for sale by owner websites as well to see if you come across anything interesting. They might be a bit more negotiable on that sort of arrangement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire