Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 05:36 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,751,235 times

Advertisements

When we were looking for a house last year most of what we saw was either oil or propane. We finally found a very nice family friendly subdivision that had natural gas and narrowed our search down to that neighborhood. This is in the Gonic area of Rochester which is not in the central part of the city. NG is out there you just really have to look for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 09:37 AM

4,569 posts, read 5,671,494 times
Fuel type was the lowest priority for me when looking for a home -- I knew I wanted a place with chimney/flues which could support a pellet stove, but otherwise I wasn't all that concerned about the heat source, anything is better than resistive electric.

If I were looking now, a ground-source heat pump would be the only heat I'd pay a premium for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
When we were looking for a house last year most of what we saw was either oil or propane. We finally found a very nice family friendly subdivision that had natural gas and narrowed our search down to that neighborhood. This is in the Gonic area of Rochester which is not in the central part of the city. NG is out there you just really have to look for it.
So you ruled out entire neighborhoods solely because they had individual propane tanks instead of pilpelined natural gas?

Old 10-30-2014, 10:22 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,751,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonesuch View Post
Fuel type was the lowest priority for me when looking for a home -- I knew I wanted a place with chimney/flues which could support a pellet stove, but otherwise I wasn't all that concerned about the heat source, anything is better than resistive electric.

If I were looking now, a ground-source heat pump would be the only heat I'd pay a premium for.

So you ruled out entire neighborhoods solely because they had individual propane tanks instead of pilpelined natural gas?
No it was one of a number of factors that caused us to pick that one neighborhood, but it was a factor. We'd had bad experiences with oil in the past and wanted to avoid a delivery type of system if possible. We do also have a pellet stove and that helps a lot with heating bills as well.

Old 11-29-2014, 04:37 AM

84 posts, read 99,943 times
In the seacoast, my entire neighborhood has natural gas

Old 11-30-2014, 05:39 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,283,966 times
My house in Merrimack was electric heat. My house (townhouse) in Nashua is on the town natural gas line. I also had the gas line extended to the kitchen and put in a gas stove.

Old 12-01-2014, 06:29 PM

238 posts, read 315,276 times
There are some places along 122 in Hollis that have natural gas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire