Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 08:46 AM

3,712 posts, read 11,036,022 times

Advertisements

Goodness this thread has changed from when I posted about what on earth was going on in Concord for supporting DC's stupidity on being unconstitutional.

I completely agree with Proud. My mom works with a lot of refugees in Roanoke, so I know what it takes to do everything legally - it's not easy, and it's not cheap. I think the situation needs to be overhauled (certainly more people employed in it), but definitely not scrapped. There was a time when we welcomed anyone who came here, but that has changed and we just can't anymore. You may say 'we have tons of space'.. but those aren't the areas all the illegal immigrants are moving to. and it's just wrong. It shows a lack of concern or care for our country and citizens to immediately start flouting our laws and protocols.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 03:50 PM

105 posts, read 208,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proud American View Post
hey MATT
I'll tell you briefly but I see you never addressed the I'm hard working so why should I pay for someone's food who cannot be bothered to work.

anyway I'll answer not that it is your business.

I came here on a visa, my friend put me up while I was on the visa, it was for a summer camp job and seeing as I did a great job I was asked if I could stay on at that company, for two years , I did and then was asked to say again
I did, I worked over 80 hours a week to get me started inthis country, I did those interviews, I payed my fees, I did the right documents and when I was eligible for to become a citizen I did with a smile on my face and a heart pounding with pride .
I know live that American dream, all from 20$ in my pocket.

Another story, friend of mine came over on a H1 visa, his company paid his rent at first to get him started he now has two house in Florida and is working hard.

Why should I have had to keep going back to England, pay those air fares each time , wait in England not knowing if my application would be accepted or if I would ever return here.Tis the reason why I only had 20$ left
Why should I do things the right legal way while someone else disrespects this countries laws , not pay taxes or anything but claim free health and education.

It is not fair and not right.

This country needs immigrants as does all countries but it does not need illegal people who come here breaking her laws or do not give their new country anything.

As for illegal immigration keep on going , well yes so long as there are naive groups who want to keep promoting illegal immigration and as long as illegals get freebies then it will continue.
They will not come here if they know they will not be allowed to have health, education, food stamps, help with rent etc

Also for every illegal not doing a job there is a jail inmate , homeless or welfare person , college kids for seasonal work to take their place .

A girl from Venezuela told me once that she is sometimes embarrassed to be from that country, I asked why, and she replied because many of her country folks come here and claim freebies, refuse to learn the Engliosh language and sometimes hate this country or laugh at it while back in their country they would have to work to get things. She said they give the hard workers like her a bad name.
She too went through the legal channels while some didn't.
I agreed with her and while some might not like it there are many illegals who laugh at these people who want to help illegals, yes they give sob stories and yet laugh when their back is turned and yes I have seen it many times.

Do you seriously believe that it is fair for illegals to come here breaking laws of this fine country while may others around the world are wanting to come here legally and will respect her laws?

You live in portland Oregan and would you want to live and come to NH to change NH laws?
Do you want NH or the rest of America to look like laredo?
When you're older and have kids you'llview things differently

CA ,MA There is a reason why people are leaving in droves and it is not pot holes.
1. I live in, but I'm not from Oregon. I'm from NH, I'm moving back, and my family has been in the state for generations. So, I'm not really interested in "changing" New Hampshire's laws. However, I am concerned about NH filling up with transplant knee-jerk conservatives who don't allow the state to progress at all.

2. I have children.

3. Since you're supposedly from England, are you as harsh with the thousands of your countrymen who're here illegally? Or do save your bile for the folks who make Laredo such a hellhole?

Last edited by jmatt; 08-24-2008 at 04:04 PM..

Old 08-24-2008, 04:06 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatt View Post
1. I don't believe your story. At all.
2. I live in, but I'm not from Oregon. I'm from NH, I'm moving back, and my family has been in the state for generations.

3. I have children.

4. So, since you're supposedly from England, are you as harsh with the thousands of your countrymen who're here illegally? Or do save your bile for the folks who make Laredo such a hellhole?

5. You should have used part of that $20 to get yourself a dictionary and a grammar guide.

I thought we have been reminded on more than one occasion that personal attacks are not allowed. Perhaps you should debate your position instead of resorting to personal attacks.

Old 08-24-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
[/b]

I thought we have been reminded on more than one occasion that personal attacks are not allowed. Perhaps you should debate your position instead of resorting to personal attacks.
You're 100% right, which is why I deleted that. It was pointless and unnecessary.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:18 PM

92 posts, read 242,463 times
Nicole
It's OK , this isn't the first time I have been insulted because I feel proud of my adopted country and have a view which is different to a certain segment of the population.
Stick and stones you know that little saying but again this is not the first time I have seen someone not answer and then insult.
I always find it amazing that some people (not saying you Matt per se) just do not accept other points of view and either name call , belittle or try to silence other views because they do not like opposing views.
Just look at how some students act at colleges when someone comes in and tries to talk.
Anyway thanks for beating me to the punch so to speak.
Isn't the quote button a nice thing

Matt
I'm a liar
Wow insults galore, I'm a liar, supposedly from England, get a dictionary, giving bile.

Matt
I am from England, Salford to be exact and there are people who can verify that on here.

Does it shock you as an immigrant living the American dream that I do not believe that those who break laws should not be rewarded and now you feel that instead of debate and answering questions you start to insult?

you said
Since you're supposedly from England, are you as harsh with the thousands of your countrymen who're here illegally? Or do save your bile for the folks who make Laredo such a hellhole

and then

However, I am concerned about NH filling up with transplant knee-jerk conservatives who don't allow the state to progress at all.

First my country men and women are Americans as I am now an American
Secondly
why are conservatives knee jerk and what is progress to some is not to others?.
I.E.
Some would say knocking down acres of trees and building strip malls is progress I do not.
See how it works.

you say Bile, WOW you asked questions I gave you answers and you call it bile

OK
So you do not have a problem with illegal immigration, people who break laws, cut the line to get here and you have no problem with people who are working hard having to pay for those who are so lazy that they do not bother with getting a job but you have a problem with people moving to NH with a conservative view.

O and I have a bad habit, I type and write as I talk too, as for the spelling and grammar.
First
I messed around at school and it was a big mistake. Something I will not let my kids do
Second
I type fast and never check much
Thirdly
You still understood what I said so it wasn't that bad

or did you as you never answered any questions?

P.S.
Cheers for this as I've received many rep points and reached a 100

Last edited by proud American; 08-24-2008 at 07:34 PM..

Old 08-25-2008, 05:30 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
My objections to illegal immigrants are legal and economic. The fact of being illegal puts these people outside the protection of our laws (labor laws in particular) and creates an economically exploitable underclass. Most of these people were exploited by the aristocracy of their home country. The only reason for illegally entering this country is the poor pay here is way better than the poor pay back home. I sympathize with these people and think they should be properly located, registered and begin the process of obtaining citizenship. This would put them under the protection of the law and reduce their exploitation by gangs and criminal employers.

Now, back to Concord politicians. They do not seem to be any brighter or dumber than the rest of the population. I know one that is a very thoughtful widow that really tries to add some common sense to the government. I know another that has managed to sign a political petition that did not have a candidate’s name. If I had known I would have put my name on the line just to annoy him.

The critical issue facing people in this election is the annoying fact that our democratically controlled House has put all the previously off budget items into the current budget. State money was spent for these items but not publically acknowledged. The Democrats are acknowledging these expenses and bringing the items up for public debate. They are not hiding the expenses like so many of our previous Republican administrations. I think that honest government involves telling people what needs doing and letting the people need decide weather to do them or not. But then I am a Democrat.

What we do not need is a government of friends and relatives deciding that the things that need doing are the things that will be done by the companies they own. That is what has been happening and it has cost the Granite State dearly. It is past time to stop this cronyism.

PS - This really applies to the corruption in Washington DC.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proud American View Post
Nicole
It's OK , this isn't the first time I have been insulted because I feel proud of my adopted country and have a view which is different to a certain segment of the population.
Stick and stones you know that little saying but again this is not the first time I have seen someone not answer and then insult.
I always find it amazing that some people (not saying you Matt per se) just do not accept other points of view and either name call , belittle or try to silence other views because they do not like opposing views.
Just look at how some students act at colleges when someone comes in and tries to talk.
Anyway thanks for beating me to the punch so to speak.
Isn't the quote button a nice thing

Matt
I'm a liar
Wow insults galore, I'm a liar, supposedly from England, get a dictionary, giving bile.

Matt
I am from England, Salford to be exact and there are people who can verify that on here.

Does it shock you as an immigrant living the American dream that I do not believe that those who break laws should not be rewarded and now you feel that instead of debate and answering questions you start to insult?

you said
Since you're supposedly from England, are you as harsh with the thousands of your countrymen who're here illegally? Or do save your bile for the folks who make Laredo such a hellhole

and then

However, I am concerned about NH filling up with transplant knee-jerk conservatives who don't allow the state to progress at all.

First my country men and women are Americans as I am now an American
Secondly
why are conservatives knee jerk and what is progress to some is not to others?.
I.E.
Some would say knocking down acres of trees and building strip malls is progress I do not.
See how it works.

you say Bile, WOW you asked questions I gave you answers and you call it bile

OK
So you do not have a problem with illegal immigration, people who break laws, cut the line to get here and you have no problem with people who are working hard having to pay for those who are so lazy that they do not bother with getting a job but you have a problem with people moving to NH with a conservative view.

O and I have a bad habit, I type and write as I talk too, as for the spelling and grammar.
First
I messed around at school and it was a big mistake. Something I will not let my kids do
Second
I type fast and never check much
Thirdly
You still understood what I said so it wasn't that bad

or did you as you never answered any questions?

P.S.
Cheers for this as I've received many rep points and reached a 100
You're right, and I'm sorry for attacking you pointlessly. I guess I have some stupid personal issues that get the best of me at times.

Anyhow, sorry for that, and hope to read some of your future posts.

GregW, thanks for the great post and getting it back on track!

Old 09-05-2008, 07:35 AM

1,200 posts, read 2,217,150 times
jmatt,

There is a reason MA has been and is continually losing population. The state government is too big and overbearing. It's great if you "feel entitled" to take
all the free handouts that others work hard for to provide. However when you are
one of those who busts his ass to raise kids, pay bills, and not only pay more tax you also pay a much higher percentage, it becomes frustrating.

As soon as the democratic govenor took office in NH the state budget exploded. I just can't figure out for the life of my why liberals feel they need to spend everybody elses money to provide for people, which in a lot if not most cases can provide for themselves if they wanted to.

Last edited by sgthoskins; 09-05-2008 at 08:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire