Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2015, 04:00 PM

24 posts, read 26,152 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

I will be closing on my first home on march 27th. i was wondering if anyone could recommend a oil company around the Milton area?
Iv been online and look at a couple company but besides a few minor details does it really mater what company you use besides price?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 06:52 AM

4,572 posts, read 5,689,509 times
Default The customers of "Fred Fuller" likely thought the same thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by casual18 View Post
I will be closing on my first home on march 27th.
Congratulations!

When you arrive for final walkthrough and closing, know the current street price for heating oil (should be low in March) and check the tank level. It's standard for the buyer to cut a check to the seller for whatever oil remains in the tank as of the closing date. If the tank is below 70% full, you will want to have it topped off before summer, a less-than-full tank collects condensation in warmer months.

Quote:
i was wondering if anyone could recommend a oil company around the Milton area? Iv been online and look at a couple company but besides a few minor details does it really mater what company you use besides price?
Any of the major, established companies should be okay, just don't go with a pre-buy contract (google "Fred fuller bankruptcy").

Unlike propane, the standard is that you own the tank; technically you can avoid making a contract with any one firm, instead call for delivery when you start to run low. However, there are advantages to an "automatic delivery" contract, include a discount (aka "ten day cash price"), priority service, and no extra fee for emergency delivery and restart technician service if you do actually run out of oil while on automatic delivery.

Old 02-12-2015, 04:11 PM

8,272 posts, read 11,020,654 times
Your main concern should be what company provides the best and quickest service when it breaks on a Sunday night in January.

Old 02-14-2015, 04:50 AM

Thank you for the advice guys. The previous owner used dead river company, so I think we are going to try them for a bit.

Old 02-25-2015, 03:58 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,672,143 times
Quote:
The previous owner used dead river company,
My club in barrington used them. We were on auto refill and the tank went dry twice. They were recently sold.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
My club in barrington used them. We were on auto refill and the tank went dry twice. They were recently sold.
Wow, good to know.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:11 AM

2,360 posts, read 5,255,480 times
Rymes or C.N.Brown are just north on Milton in Ossipee. We don't burn oil but I see their trucks everywhere up this way. Congratulations on the new house!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
View detailed profiles of: