Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 07:32 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveusaf View Post
Wild Willy's burger was no better than Five Guys, for a lot more $$. I think it was the most expensive burger I've ever bought.
The Wild Willy's I go to is in Watertown, MA. I order the Annie Oakley burger with crispy bacon added. I also ask for the burger to be between rare and medium-rare. It's a nice think juicy burger with a lot of flavour. My boyfriend always orders the Bubba BBQ burger.

The Wild Willy's restaurant chain are not the usual franchise. Each location's owners are encouraged to have their own twist to the original restaurant. And the website does say that the prices and menus do differ between the five locations. As to the price, because Watertown is close to Boston, their prices for a restaurant burger seem normal to me. However, I can see that the same price up in NH would seem really high. But... it seems to me that my McDonald's quarter pounders with cheese are costing me around $5 these days. So to pay a couple of dollars more for a really good restaurant burger is reasonable.

And I think that the burgers at Johnson's Seafood and Steak in Northwood has burgers similarly price to Wild Willy's... and the servers have to be tipped on top of that. Does Tuckerways have tableside servers that need to be tipped?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 07:39 AM

238 posts, read 315,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Isn't Tuckerways a local restaurant of just one location? How can anyone compare local restaurants with product from fast food franchise type places? Surely the line cooks at Tuckerways give more attention to their burgers than at the fast food restaurants. But the fast food places also have each location cranking out many more burgers a day that what's coming out of Tuckerways kitchen.

For me, the best burger maker is ME!!! Seared on the outside and rare in the middle topped with crispy bacon, sharp cheddar cheese, slices of beefsteak tomatoes, red onions and a dollop of fresh Haas avocado on a toasted bun. Potato chips and a half sour pickle on the side.
That burger sounds delicious!

Old 07-07-2015, 08:14 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeti View Post
That burger sounds delicious!
Sometimes I take a burger patty that is seared and cooked rare, and finish it off on a teflon pan. I place the burger on ake a circle of Parmesan cheese crust. I really like that added toasted cheese flavour.

Old 07-13-2015, 02:38 PM

48 posts, read 79,419 times
Speaking of Goody Cole's... we've been a few times since moving up from Texas and always thought it was pretty decent, at least enough to scratch the BBQ itch. But, we went again on Saturday and it was awful. The sausage wasn't cooked fully, and the brisket and pulled pork were dry and salty to the point where they were inedible. We both threw out our food after a couple of bites (unfortunately we got it takeout so it was too late to complain).

There was a line out the door at the time... so maybe they are cutting corners to try to keep up with demand?

Old 07-13-2015, 06:51 PM

2,649 posts, read 3,542,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikachu View Post
Speaking of Goody Cole's... we've been a few times since moving up from Texas and always thought it was pretty decent, at least enough to scratch the BBQ itch. But, we went again on Saturday and it was awful. The sausage wasn't cooked fully, and the brisket and pulled pork were dry and salty to the point where they were inedible. We both threw out our food after a couple of bites (unfortunately we got it takeout so it was too late to complain).

There was a line out the door at the time... so maybe they are cutting corners to try to keep up with demand?
although admittedly I have had outings there that were not up to par a few times over the years ( not many ) I have never had the experience of under cooked food.. sorry that it was that bad.

Old 07-13-2015, 08:09 PM

2,649 posts, read 3,542,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikachu View Post

Oh and have you tried taste of Texas in Bennington or the The Traveling Texas Smoke shop in Meredith on 104 next to the moccasin place

Old 07-14-2015, 08:17 AM

48 posts, read 79,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
Oh and have you tried taste of Texas in Bennington or the The Traveling Texas Smoke shop in Meredith on 104 next to the moccasin place
We haven't tried either of those but once our appetite for BBQ returns maybe we will have to. Thanks for the recommendations!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire