Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 08:49 AM

1,200 posts, read 2,216,955 times

Advertisements

Look at that a government funded study supporting more government laws. Who would have thunk it?

Are kids fighting in the back seat worse than a hand free cell conversation? What about drinking Dunkin Donuts or eating McDonalds while driving?

The law is a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2015, 08:51 AM

1,274 posts, read 2,382,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgthoskins View Post
Look at that a government funded study supporting more government laws. Who would have thunk it?

Are kids fighting in the back seat worse than a hand free cell conversation? What about drinking Dunkin Donuts or eating McDonalds while driving?

The law is a joke.
I figured you wouldn't want to see peer reviewed literature published in the American Psychological Association - easier to believe that the gov is coming for our phones and our guns....

Oh well, we agree to disagree. At least we agree that the law is BS, but for different reasons.

Old 07-16-2015, 11:41 AM

1,200 posts, read 2,216,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveusaf View Post
Oh well, we agree to disagree. At least we agree that the law is BS, but for different reasons.
No harm no foul.

Old 07-17-2015, 10:39 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,750,199 times
I was never one to use the phone while driving(usually) but I have broken this new law when stuck in traffic on the Sullivan bridge. I figure it can't be too dangerous because you're maybe going 2 miles per hour.

Old 07-17-2015, 11:00 AM

2,649 posts, read 3,543,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I was never one to use the phone while driving(usually) but I have broken this new law when stuck in traffic on the Sullivan bridge. I figure it can't be too dangerous because you're maybe going 2 miles per hour.

WHOA..dontcha know most accidents happen at below 30 mph..living dangerously aren't you

Old 07-17-2015, 11:01 AM

Saw a woman applying lipstick while driving today on 3A in Hooksett, but hey she wasn't talking on her cell.

Old 07-17-2015, 01:37 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,248,333 times
I bought a Subaru Outback in March with the Eyesight anti-collision/adaptive cruise control system. It complains if you do a lane crossing without using your turn signals. It conclusively proved that I am just as bad a driver as everybody else when I have my nose in my smartphone. Vermont has had the "you can't touch your cell phone" law for almost a year so I'm already used to it. I use the nav touch screen, the steering wheel buttons, the hands-free speakerphone integration in my car, and "Hey Siri" to control my iPhone most of the time. I still have to sneak a peek at Google Maps and Waze to pick alternate routes in traffic but I now rarely ever pick up my phone and look at it while I'm driving.

Old 07-18-2015, 12:03 PM

So i was listening to a talk show this morning and wonder if you folks realized this little tidbit.. the way the hands free law is written, technically speaking your little blue tooth head sets are illegal. The law states that the blue tooth MUST be integrated into your cars system ( read costly electronic update for folks with older cars )

Old 07-19-2015, 06:50 AM

1,608 posts, read 1,484,630 times
Nope, haven't cheated yet, but I've been complicit in encouraging my husband to... ahem... talk when he shouldn't.

Note to self: Must stop doing that!

Blessings to all,

Mahrie.

Old 08-03-2015, 09:28 AM

4,212 posts, read 3,758,240 times
The other morning on my way to work I saw a cop sitting in the center of town. I quickly looked down at my speed and I was doing the speed limit so I had nothing to worry about. As I passed him I see him pull out behind me and throw his lights on, I had no idea why I was being pulled over. He said it looked like I was talking on my phone based on me resting my head on my hand. I assured him I was not on my phone, as it was 5:30am and I don't have anyone to talk to at that time and I even asked if he wanted to check my phone just to verify. He declined and stated he believed me. He was super nice and I give him credit for looking out but to assume I was on my phone?

I was hoping many towns would slack off on the cell phone usage offense as to prove that it wasn't an issue to begin with but I guess its the complete opposite. I dont worry much about it though because I don't use it while driving but goes to show you its just another money maker, I mean its not like I was swerving or anything. I see people all day long not using their blinkers while turning or merging, to me that's more of an offense than using a cell phone, I cant recall ever seeing someone get pulled over for it though. I guess its pick and choose as to what offense they want to pull you over for. I know for a fact with all the driving I do that I could generate more revenue by ticketing drivers that don't use their blinker vs cell phone usage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire