Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where to move?
I would move to New Hampshire if I could (I'm white) 4 28.57%
I live in New Hampshire and I wouldn't ever live anywhere else (I'm white) 6 42.86%
I can't stand New Hampshire and I want to get out of here! (I'm white) 0 0%
I can't stand New Hampshire and I want to move to North Carolina (I'm white) 0 0%
I would move to North Carolina if I could (I'm white) 2 14.29%
other (write your answer in a post) 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 12:43 PM

1,239 posts, read 2,008,006 times

Advertisements

NH is 94% white and NC is 67%. So I guess you have your answer.

Old 08-13-2015, 01:20 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,552,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Where in NC did you live? Their summers should be better than FL ones, in regards to the heat and humidity. Right now, she's looking at a place in Franklin, NC.
The Triangle / Raleigh area.

I'm sure FL is much hotter, NC in most spots can still claim 4 seasons. But Summer is by far the longest.

Old 08-13-2015, 01:21 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,156,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzo0904 View Post
NH is 94% white and NC is 67%. So I guess you have your answer.
Well the NC population is probably not evenly distributed throughout. There are probably towns which have more of a white presence and the blacks more clustered in the cities. Shrug.

Old 08-13-2015, 01:30 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,552,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Well the NC population is probably not evenly distributed throughout. There are probably towns which have more of a white presence and the blacks more clustered in the cities. Shrug.
Yes - of course. Which is not unlike other states.

Greensboro and Fayetteville for example will have a much larger African American population than areas like Asheville.

Old 08-13-2015, 01:51 PM

35,057 posts, read 31,258,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
The Triangle / Raleigh area.

I'm sure FL is much hotter, NC in most spots can still claim 4 seasons. But Summer is by far the longest.
The winters at the higher elevations in WNC are no joke. Granted, not as bad as NH, but you would be surprised at how cool some of the summers can end up being.

Old 08-13-2015, 01:57 PM

2,079 posts, read 3,207,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepalmtrees View Post
I was thinking of North Carolina but with all the race issues I'd rather around peaceful white folks. Sure maybe I will be happy in North Carolina. But currently I live in CA and I'm sick of the ridiculous prices and the fact 8/10 people are hispanic or asian. (OC not LA, which is mostly black and hispanic).

But based on a post I read maybe I will like New Hampshire. I don't mind the snow, I am from the northeast originally. I grew up playing in the snow during winter.

On the other hand, I couldn't stand the dreariness of Seattle.

What do you think?

p.s. I'm extremely conservative in my 20s/30s
prolly north Carolina so you can join the kkk

Old 08-13-2015, 01:59 PM

166 posts, read 186,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveusaf View Post
8 out of 10 people Hispanic or Asian? Exaggerating a little, maybe?

Orange County QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

74.1% White
19.2% Asian
34.2% Hispanic

Lots of peaceful white folks in NH, that's for sure. But I've read through a lot of your posts, so I'm going to say go to NC.
yeah, that is not even true -- like, at ALL. Firstly, the statistics of southern california are more like 44% white now, but even that is way wrong.

For example, if you walk through UCI (UC Irvine), I saw thousands upon thousands of people walking around during the half hour there. NOT ONE SINGLE WHITE PERSON!! ALL asian.

In Irvine, at least 16/20 people are asian, and 3/20 is another foreigner like indian (from india) or mexican. 1/20 is white.

Secondly, now head over to Santa ana, it is 100% mexican. You might see 1/200 people are white, at least 199/200 are mexican. Just don't go there.

Similar problems in the rest of OC, it is a little milder in south OC (FOR NOW, is changing like the rest), but anywhere in north OC you will get similar demographics moving back and forth between chinatown and little mexico until you get to LA which is worse.

Trust me, I went by the demographics you posted before I moved here, and I was SORELY DISAPPOINTED to find out it is NOT TRUE.

p.s. HISPANICS ARE CONSIDERED "WHITE". For some stupid reason. Yes, even illegal mexicans, from mexico, who do not speak english, are considered white. So out of that 44% "white", really 40% of that is mexican. From mexico and they do not speak english.

(The site you posted to is WAY wrong, plus it's for 2013 and over the past few years the hispanic and asian populations have tripled and the white population has been cut to a fraction. That's why it's cheap to move INTO CA but SUPER expensive to leave!)

Old 08-13-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzo0904 View Post
My post was directed at the OP. As for you, I guess head for the Dartmouth area. Intellectuals and mostly white.
NO WAY that's where all the dumb liberals are! Are you trying to trick me??

Old 08-13-2015, 02:49 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,723,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepalmtrees View Post
NO WAY that's where all the dumb liberals are! Are you trying to trick me??

Dumb Liberals? Don't like black people? Well you sound like somebody that doesn't need to move to a state that I'm living with although Crazy Dave would probably like you maybe he is related to you

Old 08-13-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveusaf View Post
Don't join the military, then. Lots of diversity and people from all walks of life. I enjoyed everyone's different experiences and people got along just fine. Of course, not as much of a criminal element from any racial background in the military, so maybe not comparing apples to apples.
Don't worry, I have absolutely no desire to join the military (but not for that reason) Plus I have passed the drafting age so I'm scott free!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire