Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where to move?
I would move to New Hampshire if I could (I'm white) 4 28.57%
I live in New Hampshire and I wouldn't ever live anywhere else (I'm white) 6 42.86%
I can't stand New Hampshire and I want to get out of here! (I'm white) 0 0%
I can't stand New Hampshire and I want to move to North Carolina (I'm white) 0 0%
I would move to North Carolina if I could (I'm white) 2 14.29%
other (write your answer in a post) 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 04:41 PM

166 posts, read 186,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John2064 View Post
What's wrong with wanting to be around white people? That's what I want and why I live where I do--less violence, crime, welfare, ridiculous saggy pants, ridiculous/nasty dreadlocks, etc.
Thank you! Totally agree, it's not wrong to want to be around people who are like you, that's what most people want. It's wrong to oppress people who are different but it's not wrong to not want to live around them!

Old 08-13-2015, 07:06 PM

1,370 posts, read 2,181,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepalmtrees View Post
The 4th of July was not even celebrated here! Because why should foreigners who are not even citizens have any desire to embrace a US holiday? The 4th here was just another day, asians and mexicans just going about their business. No fireworks, no kids doing firecrackers, no one going to fairs, not a single US flag to be seen! Travesty.

As a person who grew up in and lived for many years in Orange County, I just happen to know that fireworks aren't legal in most cities in the County (and are heavily regulated throughout the State). Here are the only cities that allow them (and they are the "safe and sane" fireworks, not the cool ones like we have in New Hampshire):

Anaheim
Buena Park
Costa Mesa
Fullerton
Garden Grove
Huntington Beach
Santa Ana
Stanton
Villa Park
Westminster

So, uh, yeah, if you don't live in those cities, you won't see anybody in any neighborhoods shooting them off. It has nothing to do with race. I would tell you to live in one of those cities so you can have fireworks, but they are chock full of those horrible Mexicans and Asians you hate so much.

Most cities in the County do have public fireworks shows and festivities, so, yes, lots of people were "going to fairs" and the 4th of July events - guess you missed them. I had plenty of friends who attended, and I watch the fireworks from Dana Point and San Clemente every year on the San Clemente webcam. Here are the cities that had 4th of July celebrations this year:

Anaheim
Anaheim Hills
Balboa
Brea
Cypress
Dana Point
Fullerton
Huntington Beach
Irvine
Laguna Hills
Laguna Niguel
La Palma
La Habra
Lake Forest
Los Alamitos
Mission Viejo
Newport Beach
San Clemente
San Juan Capistrano
Santa Ana
Tustin
Villa Park
Yorba Linda

Quote:
For example, if you walk through UCI (UC Irvine), I saw thousands upon thousands of people walking around during the half hour there. NOT ONE SINGLE WHITE PERSON!! ALL asian.

In Irvine, at least 16/20 people are asian, and 3/20 is another foreigner like indian (from india) or mexican. 1/20 is white.

Secondly, now head over to Santa ana, it is 100% mexican. You might see 1/200 people are white, at least 199/200 are mexican. Just don't go there.
UCI and Irvine have had a huge Asian presence for decades. Santa Ana has been largely Hispanic for much, much longer than that. Garden Grove had a huge influx of Vietnamese "Boat People" in the 70s and the Asian population has greatly multiplied there since then. If you did any research at all on Orange County, you would have known this before you moved - it shouldn't be such a huge surprise for you.

And, just to let you in on a little secret, just because a person speaks only Spanish, or has brown skin, doesn't mean they are here illegally. Just thought I'd let you know - that one oft-repeated stereotype tends to get on my nerves un poco.

I agree with others, South Carolina, or just about any other place else on earth, sounds like a better fit for you than New Hampshire.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:08 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,254,874 times
Quote:
I was thinking of North Carolina but with all the race issues I'd rather around peaceful white folks. Sure maybe I will be happy in North Carolina. But currently I live in CA and I'm sick of the ridiculous prices and the fact 8/10 people are hispanic or asian. (OC not LA, which is mostly black and hispanic).

But based on a post I read maybe I will like New Hampshire. I don't mind the snow, I am from the northeast originally. I grew up playing in the snow during winter.

On the other hand, I couldn't stand the dreariness of Seattle.

What do you think?

p.s. I'm extremely conservative in my 20s/30s
It's funny I was just posting about this the other day in another thread. Trying to be practical, I would say you would be happier in NH. It's definitely COLD and not diverse (that you already knew). It's conservative by NE standards, meaning more in a libertarian sense than a staunch social conservative (i.e. anti-abortion, anti-gay, you get the idea) sense. Live and let live as they say. Maybe in CA that translates to "extremely conservative." Here in Texas, it translates to being liberal. I think a more practical question would involve employment and your budget.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:36 PM

171 posts, read 180,980 times
Thanks for the info about Ca.--no way I want to go to Irvine or Santa Ana. San Diego looks nice though.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:37 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Well... the thing is, the military gives structure and strict discipline to their rank and file. And good teamwork is a must. Sort of like good parenting. But in the outside world where everyone can do their own "thing"... there will be frictions and clashes... and no authority figures to keep everyone playing by the rules and nicely together. Even without a criminal element, people from very different backgrounds might have problems co-existing peacefully. Look at what happens between groups from different religions? They all consider themselves "good people" but what they do in the name of their god can be very harmful to those outside their religion.
Corrected for a bunch of typos. Sorry. I was in a rush typing out my post before I had to leave for work. lol

Otherwise, I think that it would be great to send ill-behaved, under-producing, irresponsible, slacker people off to boot camp in an effort to turn their lives around.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:44 AM

166 posts, read 186,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John2064 View Post
Thanks for the info about Ca.--no way I want to go to Irvine or Santa Ana. San Diego looks nice though.
Actually I know a lot of people that hate how far San Diego has degraded, becoming a lot of crime and similarly high amounts of illegal immigration.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:55 AM

1,875 posts, read 1,325,755 times
only a matter of time before they do this as well to NH

Overall, the U.S. plans to resettle 7,500 refugees this month and over 10,000 in September to meet it's commitment of 70,000 for this fiscal year. Most of the arrivals here in metro will be Bhutanese, Somali, Iraqi and Congolese. About 75 percent have family connections here.

Fargo and West Fargo could see 350 refugees move to cities by the end of September | WDAY

Old 08-14-2015, 07:23 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,552,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
only a matter of time before they do this as well to NH

Overall, the U.S. plans to resettle 7,500 refugees this month and over 10,000 in September to meet it's commitment of 70,000 for this fiscal year. Most of the arrivals here in metro will be Bhutanese, Somali, Iraqi and Congolese. About 75 percent have family connections here.

Fargo and West Fargo could see 350 refugees move to cities by the end of September | WDAY
what could possibly go wrong??

Old 08-14-2015, 05:41 PM

96 posts, read 175,664 times
I used to live in NC. Asheville. Lovely town, very touristy, and IF you have a high enough income, a great place to live.
But...I happily, indeed JOYFULLY, moved to NH last year from Texas (I really HATED Texas).
I was able to buy a house with 5 acres for 41,500. We are slowly restoring the house and raising goats and chickens.
If you have issues with racial conflict, avoid NC. If you have issues with cold/snow/massive cold, avoid NH.

Old 08-14-2015, 05:45 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
The only area I like in NC in terms of climate is the Boone area and regions above 3000ft elevation. They actually have some nice houses in rural areas of Wautauga County, NC at 4000-4500ft that have more of a New England feel overall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire