U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2016, 10:41 PM

339 posts, read 588,359 times

Advertisements

I've left a voicemail at the school where (supposedly) the public preschool is located in, but haven't heard back. My wife's relative said she heard Hudson NH offers free public preschool.

For those that live in the town, is this true?

For those whose children have gone through Hudson NH schools what are your thoughts on the public education?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2016, 05:40 AM

77 posts, read 117,024 times
I don't think there is anyplace that has preschool for free. There may be places where the threat of violence at the point of a gun is used to extort money from people and then some of that money along with money we borrow from our grandchildren is used pay for it rather than charging the user of the service.

In the specific case of Hudson, I am fairly certain that the taxpayer subsidized preschool does exist. I believe at the moment that families of special education children are not charged but last I knew, parents of typically developing children were expected to pay a small portion of the total cost of the service.

Tuition and Fees - Hudson, NH Preschool Program

Old 01-09-2016, 11:53 AM

339 posts, read 588,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_NH View Post
I don't think there is anyplace that has preschool for free. There may be places where the threat of violence at the point of a gun is used to extort money from people and then some of that money along with money we borrow from our grandchildren is used pay for it rather than charging the user of the service.

In the specific case of Hudson, I am fairly certain that the taxpayer subsidized preschool does exist. I believe at the moment that families of special education children are not charged but last I knew, parents of typically developing children were expected to pay a small portion of the total cost of the service.

Tuition and Fees - Hudson, NH Preschool Program
Thanks for the link. I saw that when I did a Google search but the website looked very amateur and not a typical .gov site so I wasn't sure how legitimate it was.

Last edited by Bruins3445; 01-09-2016 at 12:30 PM..

Old 01-09-2016, 01:12 PM

639 posts, read 523,758 times
I live just north of Hudson, If you listen to the local paper the schools are a disaster. I can't say for sure but it doesn't sound good. They've never had the reputation as being a good system. Like every growing town in NH, they have massive tax and spend issue's.

Old 01-12-2016, 07:36 PM

37 posts, read 47,510 times
I live in Hudson. From what I know, preschool isn't free here, unless Early Interventions says that a child has special needs and qualifies for it.

As far as the schools go, our friends like their children's schools (H.O. Smith and Alvirne High). Mind you, these friends all grew up here and attended those schools, but overall, I haven't really heard of any complaints. Also, none of their kids went to preschool, and it was only within the last few years that the city started offering free kindergarten (which is only about three hours a day, I think, versus California, where I came from; kindergarten there is six hours a day, just as long as the upper grades).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
View detailed profiles of: