Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 05:17 PM

2,392 posts, read 2,539,612 times

Advertisements

Hello countrylv22!

So sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Take care & get some rest.

All the best to you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 05:34 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,323,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiChick View Post
If you can remember one thing you'll be set to live to 102 ... garlic is the cure all. And it keeps your enemies at a safe distance .
And vampires too

Old 02-08-2008, 05:37 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,174,242 times
Quote:
If you can remember one thing you'll be set to live to 102 ... garlic is the cure all. And it keeps your enemies at a safe distance .
Boy is THAT the truth! When I worked in a hospital, we had one doc who would have one clove of raw garlic every morning before he came in.....if he happened to use a telephone or one of the dictating station phones, you knew he had been there! He was rarely sick though!

Old 02-08-2008, 06:00 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,195,044 times
Thumbs up Hello SKICHICK!

THANK YOU SKICHICK

HE HE HE! You made me laugh LOL!

I agree, I think GARLIC is a great idea!

Take care,

Countrylv22

Quote:

Old 02-08-2008, 06:45 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,954,931 times
Thank you guys for the BD wishes. countrylv22, I am sorry to hear that you arent feeling well. I hope you get better soon. Boo, I have seen Samathas show too. I saw her in Switzerland, it looked so beautiful. I havent seen the Iceland one. As far as pics, yes I have some, they are in storage. I dont have a scanner so I am not sure how I would be able to get them on the computer.

Ohhh, I love garlic!! You can never use too much of it. My grandma used to use it to stop her from getting sick. She said it cured cancer too. Haha, you gotta love grandmas and all their home remedys. I like the chicken soup one though.

Rob I like your recipe.

Old 02-08-2008, 06:46 PM

Thumbs up Hello Buggaboo2 !! THANK YOU!

THANK YOU BOO!

Thank You for your nice message & wishes!

I appreciate it all!

I think that is what the Doctor ordered, lots of REST!!

THANK YOU BOO!

THANK YOU everyone for these great messages!

I appreciate it all! Take care,

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuggaBoo2 View Post
Hello countrylv22!

So sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Take care & get some rest.

All the best to you

Old 02-08-2008, 09:28 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,941,024 times
Default Hope you're feeling better Countrylv

and sorry to hear that you've been sick. Dare, I love your suggestion for garlic and ginger root. Ginger is very warming, and I add it to many things. I make a ginger syrup that I like to add to my water bottles

buggaboo, you asked about our remodeling, and I wish I had an exciting project to share with you, but this one was a matter of safety. We needed to have the entire roof structure of an addition replaced, due to sub-standard work by the previous home-owner. What I'd really like to do is have some walls taken down and the kitchen replaced, but not this year One interior and one exterior project each year is our limit. Hopefully next winter I'll get my new kitchen! Oh speaking of kitchens, I'll go grab my Whoopie Pie recipe and start a thread

Old 02-08-2008, 09:48 PM

Thumbs up Hello Suzet! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!

THANK YOU SUZET for your wishes!

I appreciate it !!

And by the way, I have also heard of GARLIC curing cancer, so maybe your

Gramma was onto something! They are the best! Right? LOL!

I have also heard that GARLIC is the BEST antibiotic!

So, "DARE TO DREAM" is right on target!

I have always wondered, how come Doctors do not get sick as often, when

they are around so may different diseases all day long, huh ??

Take care everyone, and thanks for all of the good wishes, I am going to add

some GARLIC to my life!! LOL!

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
Thank you guys for the BD wishes. countrylv22, I am sorry to hear that you arent feeling well. I hope you get better soon. Boo, I have seen Samathas show too. I saw her in Switzerland, it looked so beautiful. I havent seen the Iceland one. As far as pics, yes I have some, they are in storage. I dont have a scanner so I am not sure how I would be able to get them on the computer.

Ohhh, I love garlic!! You can never use too much of it. My grandma used to use it to stop her from getting sick. She said it cured cancer too. Haha, you gotta love grandmas and all their home remedys. I like the chicken soup one though.

Rob I like your recipe.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:23 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,954,931 times
I hate when I cant give out rep points...!!! I have tried to and cant...sigh.

Yeah country add the garlic, I dont think it will hurt. I should also add it to my diet. I think if you take the capsules, you wont get that garlicy taste in your mouth all day.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:53 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,174,242 times
Since we are chatting here..... A friend from NYS is visiting us this weekend. He got here around 4 p.m. yesterday and was pretty tired from his drive. He was hungry as a bear when he got here, so we called John at Alburritos for two big taco salad type things which satisfied his appetite (our friend is a big man 6'3" and just plain big). Hubby took him to the bluegrass jam last night and he was in awe of the musicians who just got up and started jamming and everyone kinda jumping in and playing along and just sounding so good with no rehearsals of any kind. He and hubby were up until about 2 a.m. just talking, listening music, etc. I went to bed around 11, but could hear them laughing and carrying on...it brought back times from NY where the two of them would do that

We told him what we had paid for this house and what our taxes are (we just found out yesterday we got the $500 veteran's exemption! YAY!) and he didn't believe us. He kept saying, there's gotta be more taxes.....the house HAD to have cost more - I finally pulled out all the papers to show him we were telling him the truth!

This morning he wanted to go out to breakfast, so we introduced him to the Littleton Diner. He ordered the "Hungryman breakfast" - 2 HUGE pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, onion bagel and fried potatoes - even he couldn't finish it all - he was amazed since he doesn't usually have that problem <g>. He was impressed with the friendliness of the people in the diner and also their demeanor - "Are these people always like this?"

Afterwards he wanted to go to Profido's to see what was in there and he picked up a few things.

After breakfast, he was waiting to pull out into traffic and kept waiting and waiting and couldn't figure out why people were stopping - we had to tell him they were stopping to let him OUT into traffic <g>. We had to make a left to get into Profido's and he waited and waited, wondering why the cars coming the other way were slowing down so much - we again had to tell him they were slowing down so HE could make his turn....coming out, same thing. Gotta love it. He kept saying, "Is it always like this? Do people really do this all the time? Are you SURE they're waiting for me?"

It was so funny to see how "ingrained" with NY driving ways he was. I'm sure we were when we first moved up here, but it was nice to be reminded again of the huge difference...

He and hubby have taken the dog to the vet now and we'll see what he wants to do after that.

I love seeing the area through "new eyes" again and it soooooo reinforces our decision to have made the move. He had to talk to his boss to get yesterday and today off and was telling his boss the story of how we just up and moved. His boss couldn't believe someone could just do that and be happy...I think our friend also was wondering if we'd been "blowing a little smoke" since we'd moved. He has been able to see for himself now and is totally blown away by everything - how we are more relaxed and happy, that the area really does have "charm" and how different things really are........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire