Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 08:27 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,151 times

Advertisements

The Earth has been warming for the past 6000+ years and not because of anthropogenic (Human) factors. It is so insignificant how anthropogenic carbon emissions affect the temperature of the troposphere, as it would be as significant as one gold fish farting in the Pacific Ocean.

The only thing Green about this Global Warming Mania is the Green Cash$$ that Al Gore is depositing in his bank accounts and all the other perks he has profited from fools the likes of Forest Gump followers! Or rather the Jim Jones Kool Aide Crowd.

Because of this global Warming diversion major environmental disasters are being ignored like world wide fishing practices, ocean trawling with nets the size of 2 football fields. Do you ever wonder why the price of fish is so high? It is because they will soon be totally extinct because of human greed. Not to mention how many animals are on the verge of extinction and our treatment of primates and other species. We are now 6 billion people on Earth and Lions and Tigers total less than 5 thousand.

These Going Green Eco Wackos are the problem. They are so obsessed with this Jim Jones Kool Aide Global Warming Diversion they lose sight of true environmental concerns like our Fresh Water supply. Have these Tree Huggers ever thought about how Road Salting during the winter is ruining our Fresh Water Supply in New Hampshire? Road salt also contains an anti caking compound called Sodium Ferrocyanide and when this is exposed to sunlight, (photolysis) it breaks down into cyanide and destroys all plant and animal life it has contact with. And by the say this is the water that gets into your wells!

So please when you see anything about this Global Warming Scam, just ignore it and stop feeding the mania, as it is only a Diversion that will soon enable a select few rich elite politicians and government junkies to raise your taxes and have the power to impose many more controls and restrictions on your lives!

Old 01-06-2008, 07:01 AM

885 posts, read 2,660,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
The Earth has been warming for the past 6000+ years and not because of anthropogenic (Human) factors. It is so insignificant how anthropogenic carbon emissions affect the temperature of the troposphere, as it would be as significant as one gold fish farting in the Pacific Ocean.

The only thing Green about this Global Warming Mania is the Green Cash$$ that Al Gore is depositing in his bank accounts and all the other perks he has profited from fools the likes of Forest Gump followers! Or rather the Jim Jones Kool Aide Crowd.

Because of this global Warming diversion major environmental disasters are being ignored like world wide fishing practices, ocean trawling with nets the size of 2 football fields. Do you ever wonder why the price of fish is so high? It is because they will soon be totally extinct because of human greed. Not to mention how many animals are on the verge of extinction and our treatment of primates and other species. We are now 6 billion people on Earth and Lions and Tigers total less than 5 thousand.

These Going Green Eco Wackos are the problem. They are so obsessed with this Jim Jones Kool Aide Global Warming Diversion they lose sight of true environmental concerns like our Fresh Water supply. Have these Tree Huggers ever thought about how Road Salting during the winter is ruining our Fresh Water Supply in New Hampshire? Road salt also contains an anti caking compound called Sodium Ferrocyanide and when this is exposed to sunlight, (photolysis) it breaks down into cyanide and destroys all plant and animal life it has contact with. And by the say this is the water that gets into your wells!

So please when you see anything about this Global Warming Scam, just ignore it and stop feeding the mania, as it is only a Diversion that will soon enable a select few rich elite politicians and government junkies to raise your taxes and have the power to impose many more controls and restrictions on your lives!
You're having a go at Al Gore because you think that fish stocks and road salt are bigger issues than global warming? I'm pretty sure he thinks the fish are getting a crappy deal too, and might even be with ya on the cyanide thing. Seems like you're lashing out at the wrong folks.

Old 01-06-2008, 07:09 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,489,855 times
if the salt kills all animal life it comes into contact with why isn't my dog dead yet>?

Old 01-06-2008, 09:21 AM

625 posts, read 2,435,814 times
Maybe someone should tell Al Gore that the coastline was in Exeter a mere 10,000 years ago.

Old 01-06-2008, 01:58 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,327,170 times
Let's see- Concord NH just had it's SNOWIEST December ever. SO much for global warming.

In the summer when the weather channel shows the historical highs and lows for a particular days, many times the high is from the early to mid 1900's.

Global warming is bunk. The earth and our weather is in a cyclical pattern. If you study the real historical patterns you will see we go through warm cycles and cold cycles. Global warming is the newest fad for wanabees and celebs to jump on. They yell at you for driving a truck or suv, yet they have 25,000 square foot homes and fly private planes. Al Gore has some mega mansion in Tennesee-how much power is used to heat and cool that? Sheryl Crow tells me to use one square of tp as she and Laurie David ride around in gas guzzling private jets.

My husband had me watch an Inconvienet Truth and well the truth is we both got a good laugh looking at how ridiculous Al Gore acted and looked. How anyone could take him seriously well I just don't get it.

If Global warming is an issue, how come Al Gore and his crew do not go after China and India? They have large populations and generate how much pollution. etc.-however once again go after the US.

I care about the environment and do I think that there are things that we should do as good citizens? Absolutely. I buy energy efficient appliances, we both have cars that get good gas mileage, etc(not hybrids). I do not overuse water. I am a member of the forest society and I believe the biggest way to save our planet is preserving open space and population control. That is never a solution though- I wonder why. Overpopulation taxes resources. The "founder" of earthday-back in the 70's-listed what he thought would be the biggest problems in the future for the environment and overpopulation was one of them.

The biggest farce is these "buybacks". This is the liberal feel good policy that if I pay enough $$ somehow I can "erase" my carbon footprint. I always see bumperstickers on the back of Prius stating the case with some website to visit. First of all who do I pay this money to? How does it "erase" the "damage that has been done"? What a crock.

Old 01-06-2008, 06:44 PM

625 posts, read 2,435,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
The biggest farce is these "buybacks". This is the liberal feel good policy that if I pay enough $$ somehow I can "erase" my carbon footprint. I always see bumperstickers on the back of Prius stating the case with some website to visit. First of all who do I pay this money to? How does it "erase" the "damage that has been done"? What a crock.

Hey now, don't be bagging on the carbon credit idea. After all, Al owns part of that company.

And then you'd have to take away "calorie credits". Why, just the other day I paid a kid $10 to run around the block while I ate cheesburgers...

Old 01-07-2008, 01:03 AM

914 posts, read 2,918,840 times
"Make the lie big. Keep it simple. Keep saying it over and over, and eventually they will believe it."
Adolf Hitler

Old 01-07-2008, 08:00 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,327,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCCASparky View Post
Hey now, don't be bagging on the carbon credit idea. After all, Al owns part of that company.

And then you'd have to take away "calorie credits". Why, just the other day I paid a kid $10 to run around the block while I ate cheesburgers...

Too funny

Old 01-07-2008, 09:05 AM

26,406 posts, read 46,566,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Let's see- Concord NH just had it's SNOWIEST December ever. SO much for global warming.

In the summer when the weather channel shows the historical highs and lows for a particular days, many times the high is from the early to mid 1900's.

Global warming is bunk. The earth and our weather is in a cyclical pattern. If you study the real historical patterns you will see we go through warm cycles and cold cycles. Global warming is the newest fad for wanabees and celebs to jump on. They yell at you for driving a truck or suv, yet they have 25,000 square foot homes and fly private planes. Al Gore has some mega mansion in Tennesee-how much power is used to heat and cool that? Sheryl Crow tells me to use one square of tp as she and Laurie David ride around in gas guzzling private jets.

My husband had me watch an Inconvienet Truth and well the truth is we both got a good laugh looking at how ridiculous Al Gore acted and looked. How anyone could take him seriously well I just don't get it.

If Global warming is an issue, how come Al Gore and his crew do not go after China and India? They have large populations and generate how much pollution. etc.-however once again go after the US.

I care about the environment and do I think that there are things that we should do as good citizens? Absolutely. I buy energy efficient appliances, we both have cars that get good gas mileage, etc(not hybrids). I do not overuse water. I am a member of the forest society and I believe the biggest way to save our planet is preserving open space and population control. That is never a solution though- I wonder why. Overpopulation taxes resources. The "founder" of earthday-back in the 70's-listed what he thought would be the biggest problems in the future for the environment and overpopulation was one of them.

Energy Efficiency is the key along with conservation.
The global average temperature has increased 1F in the last 100 years.
One year is rather meaningless because you have to analyze long-term temperature and precipitation records to come up with a conclusive trend.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:44 PM

914 posts, read 2,918,840 times
Yes, Plains10, but the GB crowd make it sound like it's the end of the world tomorrow, not something that's happening gradually. They're inviting ridicule when they make such overly-dramatic statements.

And nicolem is correct, and remembers as I do, the big concern in the '70's was over-population, and how we were all going to starve. Oh yeah, and how we were all going to freeze to death because pollution was blocking out the sun's rays! This was from Stephen what's-his-name, the global warming guru. I guess he had to dream up some other scare scenario in order to be taken seriously about something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire