Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2023, 07:47 AM

5 posts, read 9,214 times

Advertisements

I'm curious about this because my family and me are moving from Cleveland OH to Portsmouth sometime this summer. If anyones got some info on the current situation here that'd be great guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2023, 09:05 AM

84 posts, read 99,820 times
No gangs, very little crime.

Places to live there can be very difficult to find.

Old 05-19-2023, 10:23 AM

432 posts, read 414,072 times
My wife and I lived downtown 10 years ago and walked to work, mostly nights - no problems.
Probably even safer now - we lived by Dan's Rooms and Brewster Rooming House (both gone now), we saw some drunks and losers - but no crime.
There is some crime by the Gosling road housing every once in a while - and I heard from friends that the apartment complexes by Water Country were hit-or-miss for trashy neighbors.

Old 05-19-2023, 07:13 PM

1,274 posts, read 2,381,728 times
Only real crime in Portsmouth is the prices housing is selling for

Old 05-21-2023, 05:08 AM

2,512 posts, read 3,056,040 times
The "Maple Syrup Gang" can roll into town around the month of March, but I hear they are not all that tough or dangerous. Most people just think of them as a nuisance, or just a bunch of saps that come out of the woodworks once a year....

Old 05-21-2023, 11:02 AM

4,569 posts, read 5,666,362 times
Talking Compared to Cleveland's crime and gang problems, Portsmouth is paradise. Weather-wise, not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reseigne View Post
I'm curious about this because my family and me are moving from Cleveland OH to Portsmouth sometime this summer. If anyones got some info on the current situation here that'd be great guys.
There's that whole other side of the City-Data website for researching this:
Also, here's a quick chart:

2020 FBI UCR data (released 2021)

Old 06-08-2023, 06:54 AM

1 posts, read 2,319 times
It dont got much gangs, tho thats cause the ones that are here aint sayin where they at. a group called OA owns most of greenlandand a group called trailer boyz owns parts of rye. they all got some turf in portsmouth though like at the old turf depot, thats all trailer boyz, and the area between springbook circ and hoover dr is a nother gang called H3, though tthere just crips. i talked with a few members of these groups and they all wanna lay low mostly. you never gon see this bs in downtown cause they hate it there, and the only gang that touched there was the felony lane gang *******s. as for newington and **** the bloods control wedgewood rd, where the white houses are, but that aint confirm yet. i got this info from random ppl but idk if its 100% true, i do know that portsmouth greenland and rye aint the only towns with gangs in the seacoast, cause hampton and seabrook got latin kings and a biker gang called mountain men

Old 02-17-2024, 06:21 PM

5 posts, read 9,214 times
wtf is the maple syrup gang

Old 02-18-2024, 09:47 AM

3,246 posts, read 1,739,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reseigne View Post
wtf is the maple syrup gang
They're a bunch of folks who ceremoniously string tubing from tree to tree to bleed trees of their sap every spring and boil it down to create a 'liquid gold' which they trangsmorgify into maple candies and syrup for sale at roadside shanties across the state.

Old 02-19-2024, 10:03 AM

9,873 posts, read 7,197,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post
They're a bunch of folks who ceremoniously string tubing from tree to tree to bleed trees of their sap every spring and boil it down to create a 'liquid gold' which they trangsmorgify into maple candies and syrup for sale at roadside shanties across the state.
I thought it referred to a group of Quebecois on their Can-Am's wearing Speedos who travelled too far down south on 95 past Old Orchard and wound up in Portsmouth. Or the group involved with the Great Canadian Maple Syrup Heist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire