Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 11:30 AM

2,364 posts, read 1,853,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Since starting this thread, have you been back to the Twin Towers area to spend time there and hang out? Have you stopped by in the early evenings? Are there any eateries there to have a late night snack at?

If you park by that apartment building's entrance, you could just hang out and see what kind of people are coming and going from that building. Are the other tenants professionals, college students or families with kids? How are they dressed? That will tell you a lot. But visit one afternoon about the time when school gets out and people are returning from a 9-5 job.

It really doesn't matter how the neighborhood compares to areas in Boston or Haverhill. This is NH not MA, and the two states are very different.

So you really need to do you OWN firsthand research as it seems that no one on this forum is actually acquainted with the Twin Towers building or area.
I'm working long hours seven days a week this time of year. I'm going to check it out once I get some time off

Last edited by Space_League; 03-27-2018 at 11:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2018, 03:07 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,945,596 times
This area of Manchester is more Nichols Street then East Broadway (by a huge margin). I would compare it to the High Street end of Grove Street, or maybe the Fountain Street area. Twin Towers itself is nice, and they do have the gated parking area. Personally I wouldn't walk it at night but that's just me. Hope this helps

Q
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_League View Post
Boston is a top tier city. I'm sure the Back Bay or Westie could hold it's own against ManchVegas. Haverhill is a fine town as well, and there's still a big difference between Nichols street and East Broadway.

Can you give me a neighborhood that's comparable to this part of Manchester?

Last edited by Valerie C; 03-27-2018 at 03:40 PM..

Old 03-27-2018, 03:22 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
How soon do you have to move? Anyway, honestly it's best that YOU check out the area for yourself since you'll be the one living there.

Old 03-27-2018, 06:57 PM

5,170 posts, read 6,136,412 times
Speaking of Manchester, can anyone tell me the time it takes to drive from Manchester to the Portsmouth Navy Yard?

Thanks

Old 03-27-2018, 07:18 PM

1,274 posts, read 2,382,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
Speaking of Manchester, can anyone tell me the time it takes to drive from Manchester to the Portsmouth Navy Yard?

Thanks
Probably an hour, plus whatever time you have to wait at the gate of the shipyard during morning rush hour plus whatever time it takes you to park and then walk to where you are going. Parking is a nightmare on the shipyard.

Old 03-28-2018, 02:53 AM

5,170 posts, read 6,136,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveusaf View Post
Probably an hour, plus whatever time you have to wait at the gate of the shipyard during morning rush hour plus whatever time it takes you to park and then walk to where you are going. Parking is a nightmare on the shipyard.
Thanks for the quick reply......contemplating a transfer. Shocked at how much housing (rentals and homes) have increased.

The times I have visited I have always got on base early to avoid the traffic. It seems not too many areas in the US have been unaffected by this latest housing boom and rental shortage.

Old 03-28-2018, 05:49 AM

2,364 posts, read 1,853,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
This area of Manchester is more Nichols Street then East Broadway (by a huge margin). I would compare it to the High Street end of Grove Street, or maybe the Fountain Street area. Twin Towers itself is nice, and they do have the gated parking area. Personally I wouldn't walk it at night but that's just me. Hope this helps

Q
Thank you for the comparison, that helps. I used to live on Webster St right off of Fountain. I don't care for High St. area however .
Spoiler
I guess that miu is right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire