Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2018, 10:36 PM

243 posts, read 102,154 times

Advertisements

Please, we’ll be flying down in a month or so , just to relook at the area and focus on houses this time.
We both still work out and will be looking at some health clubs also. We want to spend more time looking at houses, so want to know , in advance, any suggestions of good places to work out. I want mainly machines,my husband likes plates. We work out in a medical health club here, it has the basics, including a big indoor track,
The main thing is that the youngest people here are in their 30s, if that.
Most of the people are in their 40s, up to 70s. We don’t want a place with all young people,
Everyone is fit here and are here to work out and not to meet the opposite sex, so there’s no people sitting on machines and just talking and flirting,
The other option, would be a womens only gym,not Curves either, want it to be with real loading machines.
Thanks a lot, in advance, at least now , we’ll go directly to those places first, to save time. Likely we’ll live around Lebanon. It can be up to half an hour or 45 minutes away, if needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2018, 12:12 AM

6,569 posts, read 6,732,860 times
Planet Fitness in Lebanon NH should fit the bill for you.

Old 04-11-2018, 11:54 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
Aquatic Center in White River Junction.

CCBA's Witherell Recreation Center
in Lebanon, New Hampshire

Google this: lebanon nh fitness center

There are a bunch.

Old 04-11-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin mouse View Post
Thanks a lot, in advance, at least now , we’ll go directly to those places first, to save time. Likely we’ll live around Lebanon. It can be up to half an hour or 45 minutes away, if needed.
Had to chuckle. If you go a half hour out from Lebanon, you will not find any fitness centers, or much of anything else for that matter. Just beautiful trees and mountains.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:50 PM

243 posts, read 102,154 times
I was thinking of Grantham or nearby, unless that’s a small village. I don’t know my directions there, so don’t know if I want to go north, west,south or east. I know that Keene is an hour or longer.
The one I go to here is connected to the hospital, so there are just basic machines and older people, mainly doing rehab.
I mainly just want machines that aren’t computerized. I like the old cybex type machines.

Old 04-12-2018, 01:51 PM
KCZ

4,663 posts, read 3,658,309 times
Grantham is south and a small village without a public fitness club. However, the private Eastman Community at Grantham does have a fitness facility as well as pool, golf, skiing, and tennis. Eastman Community Association – NH Four Season Resort, Lakefront and Golf Community

Old 04-12-2018, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
Grantham is south and a small village without a public fitness club. However, the private Eastman Community at Grantham does have a fitness facility as well as pool, golf, skiing, and tennis. Eastman Community Association – NH Four Season Resort, Lakefront and Golf Community
But no grocery store and no cell service.

Old 04-12-2018, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin mouse View Post
I was thinking of Grantham or nearby, unless that’s a small village. I don’t know my directions there, so don’t know if I want to go north, west,south or east. I know that Keene is an hour or longer.
The one I go to here is connected to the hospital, so there are just basic machines and older people, mainly doing rehab.
I mainly just want machines that aren’t computerized. I like the old cybex type machines.
I am wondering if you have ever been up here? Most of the "small towns" have a locally owned general store and a gas station -- that is all. Once you get out of the Upper Valley area (takes about 5 minutes) there will be trees, trees and more trees until you get to the next town. Not at all like Philly or its suburbs.

Also, when thinking about commuting distance, don't forget that it can be double in the winter.

Google Maps is your friend. Pick a town and zoom in to street view to see what a town is like. It works great for the Upper Valley towns mentioned above. If you are lucky, you might be able to see some of the small towns in street view.

As to fitness, you might want to consider walking, hiking, biking or jogging on any of the many trails in the area. Outdoor exercise is very popular here. There is a 1 mile trail that circles the medical center - you can do that at lunch time. Google TrailFinder for more.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:03 AM

24 posts, read 30,669 times
We have lots of big rocks to lift, leaves to rake, trees to climb, hills to hike, wood to cut, split and stack;.... and fresh air to breathe.

Old school workouts abound.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire