Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 04:11 PM

6 posts, read 3,884 times

Advertisements

We are looking for a contractor who can remove an old septic system and install a new one in the Meredith area. Not really sure what kind of system is in place already, but it is old. The property is not on the water, so we don't have those regulations to battle. The property is out in the woods and is a small cabin. It is difficult trying to figure out who to trust in the area, is reasonably priced and knows all the regulations. So, I thought folks on this forum might have some ideas. I appreciate your time, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2018, 06:01 AM

3,689 posts, read 7,436,292 times
Dawson's Excavation and Utility Services in Moultonborough

Old 06-24-2018, 06:06 AM

Thank you for the information.

Old 06-24-2018, 07:36 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,876,480 times
I've used Bob Dunlap and Son from Moultonborough for both commercial and home service.
Knows his business and very fair prices

Old 06-24-2018, 07:26 PM

Thank you!

Old 06-25-2018, 05:33 AM

8,272 posts, read 11,000,235 times
Ambrose Brothers.
Meredith.
Did all of the septic systems in my neighborhood.

You do realize that you do need a septic plan from a septic designer first.

Old 06-25-2018, 05:37 AM

8,272 posts, read 11,000,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chick&Duckmom View Post
We are looking for a contractor who can remove an old septic system and install a new one in the Meredith area. Not really sure what kind of system is in place already, but it is old. The property is not on the water, so we don't have those regulations to battle. The property is out in the woods and is a small cabin. It is difficult trying to figure out who to trust in the area, is reasonably priced and knows all the regulations. So, I thought folks on this forum might have some ideas. I appreciate your time, thank you.
In the olden days, folks would just dig a hole and place some sort of tank in ground. Some gravity fed while others needed a pump.
The leach field was just dug in ground with maybe a few pipes - and that was it. Those old time systems did work for many decades. Of course, not up to code today.

And of course there were and are some outhouses.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:05 AM

Lol! I am afraid that this system is one of the old systems, and I am not looking forward to finding out. If so, the cost is going to be very expensive. Yes, I know about the septic plan and permits, hopefully one of the contractors is able to provide one too. How simple life used to be.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:12 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,876,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chick&Duckmom View Post
Lol! I am afraid that this system is one of the old systems, and I am not looking forward to finding out. If so, the cost is going to be very expensive. Yes, I know about the septic plan and permits, hopefully one of the contractors is able to provide one too. How simple life used to be.
I have an old system at my house and it works fine......if it was installed correctly and it is serviced occasionally many of the old ones are still good.

Old 06-26-2018, 10:10 AM

500 posts, read 636,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
I have an old system at my house and it works fine......if it was installed correctly and it is serviced occasionally many of the old ones are still good.
^^^

Why are you replacing? Is the poop not going away when you flush?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire