Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2018, 08:14 PM

2,771 posts, read 4,531,611 times

Advertisements

I’m looking to go away for at least 3 Days in October.
I’ve only been to NH twice. I’ve been to Meredith & all the surrounding lake towns.
I’ve also been to the White Mountains area. I’d like to explore similar areas.

Any suggestions? Absolutely love Mountains, Lakes, Wildlife, Cabins, ect...
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2018, 08:41 PM

500 posts, read 636,212 times
I'm heading here next week. One of my go-to places to be waaaay away from civilization.

Also, even though it's not in NH, check out Acadia/Mt. Desert Island if you can. One of my favorite places in U.S.

Old 07-26-2018, 08:59 PM

2,771 posts, read 4,531,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviDunn View Post
I'm heading here next week. One of my go-to places to be waaaay away from civilization.

Also, even though it's not in NH, check out Acadia/Mt. Desert Island if you can. One of my favorite places in U.S.
I go every July 4th week for the past 20 years to MDI. Then head down the coast.
Then I go again in October, usually the North western part of Maine.
Love Maine too! Just started exploring NH. Want to explore different areas of NH now.

Old 07-26-2018, 09:36 PM

500 posts, read 636,212 times
Awesome!

A few days before you get here, ask me for recommendations on hikes. Depending on where peak colors are at, I can point you to some.

Besides Back Lake Cabins, which is likely too remote for your needs, check into Living Water Campground in Twin Mountain. They are just north of Franconia Notch and have little camping cabins you can rent. Last time I was there, the little cabins cost me around $55 a night.

Have you done Flume Gorge yet? If not, I highly recommend the Discovery Pass, as it gets you into Flume Gorge and the gondola up Cannon Mountain. Both of these are excellent during the fall.

Old 07-27-2018, 06:58 AM

12,433 posts, read 9,529,208 times
The seacoast region around Great Bay, Rye beaches is fantastic also, and different. Just because you've been to the White Mountains once, doesn't mean you can't enjoy them again and again though... a good laminated topo map and a hiker's guide or two can help you pick routes that match your taste for scenes and your fitness level...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire