Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 07:04 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,049,727 times

Advertisements

Why the hell would anyone want diversity? Those who want diversity, especially altruistic do-gooder Whites, truly astonish me.

How is having a multitude of skin tones, religions, and cultural values considered a virtue?

Why would anyone want to live a hand's width away from El Salvador or Sierra Leone? Oh please, please, please, turn my neighborhood into a mini-Pakistan (said absolutely no one!)

Cities that are diverse seem to be wrought with problems and social ills and are ripe for violence and chaos (beyond which already exists).

Old 07-30-2018, 07:08 PM

385 posts, read 345,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takingnames View Post
Incorrect, Pogue. I have been telling people to do just that. Why should they live among conservatives who bitterly hate them instead of the liberals of New England which like everyone? Common sense really.
I think you got Vermont and NH mixed up, although I seriously have to wonder if Vermonters would want what's happening in Lewiston, either.

New Hampshire is welcoming to those who don't come here to try to change it. Has nothing to do with where you are from, but your mindset and reason for coming.

Old 07-30-2018, 07:12 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,623 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
How Do You Diversify New Hampshire?

No need. It'll happen naturally or it won't. Whether it happens or not we have no need to apologize for being who we are or defend our demographic makeup to anyone.
I COMPLETELY agree. People of color don't want to live in a state that's REALLY cold in the winter, and has no big cities.

Just like Maine.

And that's absolutely fine. Why in the world do you want to work really hard to attract people to live where they don't want to live?

I don't see South Dakota falling all over itself to attract people of color. There is a large native American population there, because that's their ancestral territory, and they deserve to live there and should, but otherwise, let people live where they want to live.

Other cold states, with huge cities like Detroit and Chicago attract people of color, because they are thriving urban areas.

I love New Hampshire and Maine. But frankly, only in the summer and fall.

Why in the world would you try to attract people to live in your area if they don't want to?

Last edited by ClaraC; 07-30-2018 at 07:20 PM..

Old 07-30-2018, 07:34 PM

104 posts, read 139,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InchingWest View Post
Why the hell would anyone want diversity? Those who want diversity, especially altruistic do-gooder Whites, truly astonish me.

How is having a multitude of skin tones, religions, and cultural values considered a virtue?

Why would anyone want to live a hand's width away from El Salvador or Sierra Leone? Oh please, please, please, turn my neighborhood into a mini-Pakistan (said absolutely no one!)

Cities that are diverse seem to be wrought with problems and social ills and are ripe for violence and chaos (beyond which already exists).

Because diversity is far more interesting, in all ways. Different foods, different ways of doing things, different arts, different beauty, etc. etc. The more diverse, open and cosmopolitan a place is the faster it develops and achieves better things. History has shown this to be true countless times.

People of all faiths and skin tones can be good, or bad. Most people are good. Conservatives apparently don't believe this. 'Tis a pity.

I'm sure no one here ever had an ancestor who saw an "Irish Need Not Apply" sign and was excluded. Or "Italian Need Not Apply" or... And now you would do unto others as was done unto your ancestors? Shame, shame. Some never learn from history. Some have a cold heart.

Old 07-30-2018, 07:39 PM

2,649 posts, read 3,543,572 times
Quote:
Because diversity is far more interesting, in all ways. Different foods, different ways of doing things, different arts, different beauty, etc. etc. The more diverse, open and cosmopolitan a place is the faster it develops and achieves better things. History has shown this to be true countless times.

People of all faiths and skin tones can be good, or bad. Most people are good. Conservatives apparently don't believe this. 'Tis a pity.

I'm sure no one here ever had an ancestor who saw an "Irish Need Not Apply" sign and was excluded. Or "Italian Need Not Apply" or... And now you would do unto others as was done unto your ancestors? Shame, shame. Some never learn from history. Some have a cold heart.
Nah, ain't worth it..bye bye little child

Old 07-30-2018, 07:47 PM

You too Dave? You too don't like anyone non-white, non-Protestant? Gosh, your other post seems to say different. Dave speaks with forked tongue.

Old 07-30-2018, 07:48 PM

is someone still posting?? LOL

Old 07-30-2018, 07:48 PM

6,571 posts, read 6,736,907 times
Quote:
You too Dave? You too don't like anyone non-white, non-Protestant? Gosh, your other post seems to say different. Dave speaks with forked tongue.
This is a gimmick account as if we did not figure that out earlier.

Old 07-30-2018, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
This is a gimmick account as if we did not figure that out earlier.

or a bored child. either way he went bye bye

Old 07-30-2018, 07:53 PM

"Gimmick account"? I've been around for years, Brave. Just don't post often. But when I see an injustice against the downtrodden I often speak up against it. Apparently you don't. You seem all for it. Sigh...

Diversity can be a wonderful thing. Those of a certain extremist right-wing bent only want their own...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
View detailed profiles of: