Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 08:22 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,363,772 times

Advertisements

I've seen a lot of negative posts here re Newmarket and corruption, mostly posted by the same person. When I went to the sources referenced in his/her posts, I saw other forums, again only personal opinions. If anyone has any factual references as to why Newmarket is a bad choice please post here. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2006, 10:28 AM

9 posts, read 53,329 times
Default Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponytail View Post
I've seen a lot of negative posts here re Newmarket and corruption, mostly posted by the same person. When I went to the sources referenced in his/her posts, I saw other forums, again only personal opinions. If anyone has any factual references as to why Newmarket is a bad choice please post here. Thank you.
If your asking for an opinion of Newmarket, Myself and some other people on this forum live in Newmarket and can tell you first hand of what has been happening. What has been posted IS factual. If you are lookng for more information, I would suggest you go to either the Exeter Newsletter archives or the Fosters Daily Democrate archives. Both papers had recently blasted Newmarkets lack of leadership and corruption. It is a fact that the town owed $1000.00 to a former Police Dispatcher and the Council and Administrator refused to pay this person until the state and the feds demanded payment. It is a fact that people who are fighting the town over damage to their property by the town found gas poured in their oil tank and is being investigated by Law Enforcement. It is a fact that one of Newmarkets Firemen threatened to burn someones house down because this person wrote a letter against the Fire Dept. I could keep going but would be too long

Old 12-16-2006, 06:59 AM

Helloooo... Someone besides npd38 with some facts please.

Old 12-16-2006, 07:13 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,474,647 times
Quote:
Helloooo... Someone besides npd38 with some facts please.
npd38 gave you what you need. The local papers and the info to look it up. What npd38 is saying is true. npd38 is also giving you the facts as reported in the news. Alot of ppl have posted to you on the subject in another thread, I beleive that is why you started this 1. All we can do is give you info. You must verify yourself, and make up your own mind. You have to take the word of 1 or 2 ppl considering they give you GOOD REFRENCES to verify through. And the town of Newmarket is not all in this forum.

Old 12-17-2006, 08:23 AM

Default Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post
npd38 gave you what you need. The local papers and the info to look it up. What npd38 is saying is true. npd38 is also giving you the facts as reported in the news. Alot of ppl have posted to you on the subject in another thread, I beleive that is why you started this 1. All we can do is give you info. You must verify yourself, and make up your own mind. You have to take the word of 1 or 2 ppl considering they give you GOOD REFRENCES to verify through. And the town of Newmarket is not all in this forum.
Thank You! Obvioulsly ponytail is not really that interested in the information they requested if they cant believe someone who actually lives in Newmarket. YOu can lead a horse(Pony) to water but you cant make it drink it!

Old 12-18-2006, 08:43 AM

I think you are one in the same. NHYRNUT and NPD38, one person with two identities trying to make your point. Soon as someone real posts with real facts, I'll 'drink'. Right now I'm seeing Newmarket as a very nice town with one village idiot who has a lot of time on his hands.

Old 12-18-2006, 01:24 PM

205 posts, read 946,424 times
I do not live in Newmarket but considered it when I was first looking for towns in which to relocate due to it's location. I did my research and found that not many new people stay in Newmarket very long. and the school system is not that good. I've met many people who say "I used to live in Newmarket but then found somewhere else to live." There are a lot of renters and many UNH students who rent due to it's proximity to the campus as well. I drive threw Newmarket often and am glad that I'm just passing through. It just seems to have a cloud over it. (just my opinion) I'm not sure what it is. If you have your heart set on Newmarket for whatever reason, rent first before you buy.

Old 12-19-2006, 12:42 PM

Default Advice

Quote:
I think you are one in the same. NHYRNUT and NPD38, one person with two identities trying to make your point. Soon as someone real posts with real facts, I'll 'drink'. Right now I'm seeing Newmarket as a very nice town with one village idiot who has a lot of time on his hands.
Are you kidding me? You ask for advice then you acuse people of being one and the same to make a point? Are you mentally handicapped? I could careless wether you move here or not. Dont ask for advice if your going to acuse people of giving you bad advice or trying to "Pull" something on you, like wasting my time to come up with another forum name to fool you into moving to Newmarket. Keep taking the prozac you need it.

Old 12-19-2006, 02:33 PM

um...... who needs prozac??? Calm down!

Old 12-26-2006, 10:47 AM

104 posts, read 467,052 times
Good grief! Why don't you all calm down? 'Tis the season of peace on earth! Merry christmas and a Happy New Year! Your home town is what you make it. But it IS sensible to do your homework first, as others have said. I think the advice about renting is smart. I lived in Weare once, when there was a lot of corruption going on, and it wasn't fun. I just got a very negative feeling about the town in general, and moved shortly after, as I didn't like the morale there. But residents can get involved and work together to fix their town's problems. I've seen it happen and towns can turn around when people care! I think Newmarket is a cute little town as an outsider looking in, with no pre-concieved notions. But stigmas can be a powerful thing, and hard to eradicate -especially if they are based on fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire