Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2008, 05:03 PM

4,951 posts, read 2,538,069 times

Advertisements

Thank you comet, what beautiful pictures!!! That is another place I have begun researching. Thank you for the link too!!!
DareToDream...That is really neat about the special postmarks. That would be so very wonderful!!
Asta...What a great story from when you were little!!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!!! I will have to be sure my little ones know where the different Bethlehem's are.

Last edited by fallfanatic; 08-06-2008 at 05:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 10:51 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallfanatic View Post
Thank you comet, what beautiful pictures!!! That is another place I have begun researching. Thank you for the link too!!!
DareToDream...That is really neat about the special postmarks. That would be so very wonderful!!
Asta...What a great story from when you were little!!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!!! I will have to be sure my little ones know where the different Bethlehem's are.
Thank you Fallfanatic!

When it comes to Fall's most beautiful Colors you can see so much of it throughout all of New Hampshire! Actually Bethlehem is just down the road from Littleton!

But then I was looking up a little Town Called STEWARTSTOWN! Wow! What a cute and neat little town! It is nestled in the corner of the Canadian and Vermont border. Maybe the Diner could get a grant from the Dept of Homeland Security!

Last edited by CometVoyager; 03-01-2009 at 09:29 AM..

Old 08-09-2008, 02:14 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
Thank you Fallfanatic!

When it comes to Fall's most beautiful Colors you can see so much of it throughout all of New Hampshire! Actually Bethlehem is just down the road from Littleton!

But then I was looking up a little Town Called STEWARTSTOWN! Wow! What a cute and neat little town! It is nestled in the corner of the Canadian and Vermont border. Maybe the Diner could get a grant from the Dept of Homeland Security!
I love Stewartstown-we drive through whenever we go to Pittsburg. I love that sign you posted-that once you pass that sign you are closer to the North Pole than you are to the Equator. We have been by that sign many many times but always love reading it when we pass by. It is neat

Old 08-09-2008, 03:44 PM

4 posts, read 13,443 times
Littleton, NH!

Old 08-09-2008, 04:06 PM

230 posts, read 875,516 times
Quote:
Thank you Fallfanatic!
Fallfanatic, you are making me homesick for NH!!! I used to work at the nursing hospital in West Stewartston, and my best friend lived right across the VT border in Canaan, VT. We used to love taking walks all over town, even at midnight when we got off work! I tasted poutine for the first time at the Spa Restaurant right in the village!! YUM! Ethan Allen furniture company is right over the border in Beecher Falls VT. Big Diamond and Little Diamond ponds in Stewartstown are great for fishing!

Old 08-09-2008, 06:13 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,177,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisit View Post
Littleton, NH!
Hi whoisit - I'm a "fellow Littletonian" And I agree with you!

Old 08-10-2008, 09:18 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallfanatic View Post
Fallfanatic, you are very welcome! Actually Asta & fallfanatic, I remember when our children were young and I was trying to explain where Bethlehem was, as they felt it was up in the clouds somewhere. So I hope one day, maybe Christmas in Bethlehem New Hampshire would be appropriate for my grand children and I will bring my Santa Apparel!

DTD, you are so special as well. You must have a most lovely family! Wish all of us could be neighbors! Especially during Christmas! I also love cooking during Christmas! Yes I am now allowed back into the kitchen as long as I do not eat all the goodies!

Old 08-10-2008, 11:11 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,177,255 times
Quote:
DTD, you are so special as well. You must have a most lovely family! Wish all of us could be neighbors! Especially during Christmas! I also love cooking during Christmas! Yes I am now allowed back into the kitchen as long as I do not eat all the goodies!
Thank you Comet - Our families live quite a distance from us for winter travel (in one case the only way to get there from here and vice versa is thru small towns, which can be iffy if there is snow/ice). When we moved here, we started a new "tradition" - We have people we know, who have no family in the area, come over for Thanksgiving and/or Christmas dinner. Hubby and I have each other, but there are some in the area who are alone, so it makes it nice for everyone

We usually have "family" Christmas either before (like in the fall) or after (in the spring) when the weather is a little more stable and nobody has to worry about traveling on snow and ice. We did travel back this past year for Christmas, but I don't see us doing that again - I don't like long travel when the weather could be really nasty

Old 08-10-2008, 08:15 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,957,413 times
Comet thanks for posting those beautiful pics.

Old 08-11-2008, 05:59 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
Thank you Comet - Our families live quite a distance from us for winter travel (in one case the only way to get there from here and vice versa is thru small towns, which can be iffy if there is snow/ice). When we moved here, we started a new "tradition" - We have people we know, who have no family in the area, come over for Thanksgiving and/or Christmas dinner. Hubby and I have each other, but there are some in the area who are alone, so it makes it nice for everyone
We usually have "family" Christmas either before (like in the fall) or after (in the spring) when the weather is a little more stable and nobody has to worry about traveling on snow and ice. We did travel back this past year for Christmas, but I don't see us doing that again - I don't like long travel when the weather could be really nasty

DTD-I think that is a nice and caring thing to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire