Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2008, 06:42 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,962,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vter View Post
Are you talking about Community Supported Agriculture (aka CSAs?). There is a large "network" of them in Vermont: VAAFM - Where to Find a Vermont CSA . Caledonia County is the county that abuts Littleton.
I can't find a similar type website for NH, but did come across the following one which covers CSAs nationally: Community Supported Agriculture - LocalHarvest . Just put in littleton, NH and it will spit out the closest farms that participate.
Thanks for the heads up Vter! Yes CSA's or Food Alliances as in Wash, Idaho and Montana are creative, efficient and environmentally friendly farming methods. This is how America will regain its back to the farm businesses!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 09:26 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,174,242 times
Quote:
Dare- for the grocery store in StJ, it's either White's Market or Price Chopper. The closest BJs to you would be down in Tilton, just off the interstate exit. Your closest Costco would be either Burlington/Colchester (VT) or Nashua.
Farmers Markets are great in the summer. Usually towns have them on different days, so you can hit up more than one per week. St. J has a really good one.
For your Wheatena fix....give Natural Provisions in StJ a call. Maybe they carry it?
Thanks for that info VTER - We get fliers from both White's and Price Chopper, but my mind drew a blank! Also - Thanks for the info on Natural provisions - we'll give them a call.

We went to the Woodsville Super Wal-Mart this morning. Personally, I didn't like it. When we walked into the store there was a "funky smell" - I'm not sure what it was but it wasn't pleasant....which always turns me off in a market.

I had a list of things we needed and the Wal-Mart prices were actually higher than Shaw's. We ended up just coming back to Shaw's to do the shopping....maybe the next time we need things we'll check out St. Johnsbury to compare

Old 11-10-2008, 04:21 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,195,044 times
Talking Thank you VTER!:0) GREAT POST!:0) GREAT THREAD & POSTS!:0)

Quote:
Are you talking about Community Supported Agriculture (aka CSAs?). There is a large "network" of them in Vermont: VAAFM - Where to Find a Vermont CSA . Caledonia County is the county that abuts Littleton.
I can't find a similar type website for NH, but did come across the following one which covers CSAs nationally: Community Supported Agriculture - LocalHarvest . Just put in littleton, NH and it will spit out the closest farms that participate.

THANK YOU VTER for these links & info!

I LOVE CSA'S!!!!

Take care!

Countrylv22

Last edited by countrylv22; 11-10-2008 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: SMILE & WE WILL SMILE WITH YOU!:0) ATTITUDE IN LIFE IS KEY!:0) PEACE & BLESSINGS!:0)HAPPY VETERANS DAY!:0)

Old 11-10-2008, 11:26 PM

141 posts, read 282,384 times
Default God Bless all who have served and serve

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
THANK YOU VTER for these links & info!

I LOVE CSA'S!!!!

Take care!

Countrylv22
. Hi Miss country! You are very thoughtful for remembering those who keep us free! Me & the hubby are actually visiting relatives in Exeter! A very pretty community! Very impressive too!

Old 11-10-2008, 11:29 PM

Love this thread!!!

Old 11-10-2008, 11:32 PM

Love this thread!

Old 11-12-2008, 11:14 PM

Smile Exeter & Portsmouth

Although Exeter and Portsmouth are by no means small towns. Exeter still possesses that small town feeling because the you can walk the whole downtown in 15 minutes and there is still the sound of the train!

Actually Exeter is a most beautiful town filled with much quaint personality and a brush of that pre-Ivy League Prep School, the Phillips Acadamy!

Also the nice thing about Exeter is if you really want a biiger town or small city you can just jump up the road to Portsmouth!

Old 11-14-2008, 05:03 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times
For once I have to agree with CometV. Exeter is one of my favorite large towns/small cities. We are fond of the Loaf & Ladle tavern on the east end of the main street.

Old 11-14-2008, 05:22 PM

Wink Exeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
For once I have to agree with CometV. Exeter is one of my favorite large towns/small cities. We are fond of the Loaf & Ladle tavern on the east end of the main street.
Well there ya go GregW, "Chage we can all believe in!"

Yes, Exeter is a lovely community with a thriving Downtown, as well as small suburb area! Real Estate Prices have not been rocked as much in Exeter as compared to other areas.

It should also be noted that in 2004 this area voted Red. Not sure about this time around.

But if you want to be near the coast but also not have to deal with the Hampton Beach Traffic then Exeter is your bet! Further Exeter has many very old quaint New England Grandma Homes with dry basements, radiant heat (meaning no forced air) and private wells on your property!

Old 11-15-2008, 10:26 AM

Default Exeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
Well there ya go GregW, "Chage we can all believe in!"

Yes, Exeter is a lovely community with a thriving Downtown, as well as small suburb area! Real Estate Prices have not been rocked as much in Exeter as compared to other areas.

It should also be noted that in 2004 this area voted Red. Not sure about this time around.

But if you want to be near the coast but also not have to deal with the Hampton Beach Traffic then Exeter is your bet! Further Exeter has many very old quaint New England Grandma Homes with dry basements, radiant heat (meaning no forced air) and private wells on your property!
Yes Mr Comet Exeter is a very lovely place. I like the schools there and the fact it is still not so liberal there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire