Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2009, 03:18 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,475,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
Big game is over for the winter but coyote season opened today.Talk to Chris up at Miller's Guide Service up on Rt16 in Dummer, They have guided coyote hunts. Thats always a lot of fun.
There is always a season on something here. Coyote get very big in the Lancaster area. I saw one that looked almost wolf like. They are not scraggly up north like they are in alot of areas around the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 04:29 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,176,855 times
I have a stupid question - Do New Hampshire-ites eat coyote meat?

Old 01-02-2009, 08:00 PM

587 posts, read 1,625,252 times
Wouldn't that be kind of like eating dog?

Old 01-03-2009, 06:35 AM

215 posts, read 583,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
I have a stupid question - Do New Hampshire-ites eat coyote meat?
It's just a little to stringy. LOL. There use to be a bounty on them. I don't know if there still is but I know guys who look forward to coyote hunting season . They use to sell the pelts because of thick winter coats.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:10 AM

6,573 posts, read 6,738,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post
There is always a season on something here. Coyote get very big in the Lancaster area. I saw one that looked almost wolf like. They are not scraggly up north like they are in alot of areas around the country.
Recent genetic tests show that many eastern coyotes have mixed wolf DNA. That's why they are larger than a population of other coyote populations.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:04 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,176,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colebrook View Post
It's just a little to stringy. LOL. There use to be a bounty on them. I don't know if there still is but I know guys who look forward to coyote hunting season . They use to sell the pelts because of thick winter coats.
That makes sense (DH thought I was crazy for even asking the question)...I just couldn't imagine eating coyote. I haven't seen a NH coyote, but have seen them in NY.......

Old 01-03-2009, 09:15 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,402 times
Default Dogs & Coyotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
That makes sense (DH thought I was crazy for even asking the question)...I just couldn't imagine eating coyote. I haven't seen a NH coyote, but have seen them in NY.......
These critters are able to even fall in love with your domestic doggy and reproduce. I do not have a problem with Boar, Bear, wildcat or deer hunting or even eating them but I could never get my self to shooting a little pup that looks somewhat like Rin Tin Tin!

Here is a link from Univ NH and our Fish & Game Dept. which may shed some light on our Coyote friends.

Wildlife Profile: Eastern coyote - N.H. Fish and Game

Old 01-03-2009, 01:22 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,246,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Recent genetic tests show that many eastern coyotes have mixed wolf DNA. That's why they are larger than a population of other coyote populations.
I was really suprised that there really isn't a whole lot of difference between coyotes in N.H. and coyotes in Florida.Here's a Florida coyote that went 62 lbs. Thats a decent coyote anywhere.
Attached Thumbnails
What town in New Hampshire most closely represents or reminds you of small town America?-000_0774-medium-.jpg  

Old 01-03-2009, 05:49 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,402 times
Smile Good looking pups too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
I was really suprised that there really isn't a whole lot of difference between coyotes in N.H. and coyotes in Florida.Here's a Florida coyote that went 62 lbs. Thats a decent coyote anywhere.

You can actually make pets out of these critters as well!

I recently saw a few near the Conn River on route 10.

Raising a pet coyote in Wyoming (with adorable pics) - Gadling | travel blog | news, stories, deals, and tips. Go there.
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Bay%20Metro%20Health/Desktop/seletive_breeding_fox_dog.jpg (broken link)
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/BAYMET%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-13.jpg (broken link)file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/BAYMET%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-14.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-03-2009, 10:42 PM

141 posts, read 282,521 times
Default coyotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
You can actually make pets out of these critters as well!

I recently saw a few near the Conn River on route 10.

Raising a pet coyote in Wyoming (with adorable pics) - Gadling | travel blog | news, stories, deals, and tips. Go there.
A good friend of ours said that you see the most coyotes near Woostock, NH. Personally I do not think my husband would hunt them but he has tried to trap a few but he says they are very difficult to trap. Woodstock Ihave also heard is a very quaint town?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire