Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2010, 11:49 AM

141 posts, read 282,521 times

Advertisements

Just getting ready for the 4th here! My last post or so I was curious about best small town 4th parades. Looks like we will just stay up here around Woodstock and Littleton!

Has anyone ever gotten a permit of fireworks?

Back in Sandpoint we needed to always have approval from the local fire dept, as they are real careful in the western states. But out here with all the rain and lakes I would hope somewhat more lienient. We like launching them from the middle of a pond or small lake usually.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2010, 01:12 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbarcreek View Post
Just getting ready for the 4th here! My last post or so I was curious about best small town 4th parades. Looks like we will just stay up here around Woodstock and Littleton!

Back in Sandpoint we needed to always have approval from the local fire dept, as they are real careful in the western states. But out here with all the rain and lakes I would hope somewhat more lienient. We like launching them from the middle of a pond or small lake usually.

Thanks!
NH has had quite a dry period so far this Spring so I would be cautious. The weather pattern could change completely by the 4th with more rain, but I just read that river levels have dropped to record low levels for this time of year in Maine nearby.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:05 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,402 times
Thumbs up Fire Work Displays Woodstock

Quote:

Thanks!
Sandbar if you are going to be in Woodstock you will be please to know you will be able to see some very cool Fire Works Shows!

[CENTER] [SIZE=4]NH July 4th Fireworks Displays[/SIZE]

[/CENTER]
Lincoln/Woodstock July 4th Celebration [SIZE=3][/SIZE][SIZE=3]When?[/SIZE][SIZE=3]July 4, 2010
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Where?[/SIZE][SIZE=3]Lincoln and Woodstock, NH[/SIZE]

Old 06-10-2010, 12:32 PM

Default Small Town Fireworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
Sandbar if you are going to be in Woodstock you will be please to know you will be able to see some very cool Fire Works Shows!]
Thank you Mr Comet!

We do plan to attend the Lincoln Woodstock Fireworks and other festivities.

We love the 4th. It is our favorite holiday.

Old 06-14-2010, 06:27 PM

Question Black Bear or What? Near North Woodstock

We were camping about 1 mile or so from Woodstock / north Woodstock. A huge shadow of what looked like a bear walked past our tent.

Has anyone ever spotted any Bears up here near North Woodstock?

Old 06-14-2010, 06:35 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,697,822 times
Quote:
We were camping about 1 mile or so from Woodstock / north Woodstock. A huge shadow of what looked like a bear walked past our tent.

Has anyone ever spotted any Bears up here near North Woodstock?
Goodness yes! There was a bear right near Gordi's which was near the street. This makes me so worried that they will get hit by a car and brings tears to my eyes

Old 06-14-2010, 08:36 PM

5 posts, read 11,773 times
The main problem with inner city people, is that they move to the country. Listen. You may have watched "Baby Boom" a thousand times. You may even be an avid camper. Every year you pack up the family, tent and fishing gear, and head out for your weekend or one week camping excursion.

Just because you love camping, did you ever stop to think how you or your family would feel if you had to live out of a tent 365 days a year? OH. Not so beautiful a picture anymore is it? Just because you people love "visiting" the country towns, does not mean that you have any business even thinking about moving to any of those towns. You will become miserable, and you will make everyone around you miserable.

Here's a better plan for you. If you are dead set on moving to NH, move to a smaller city than what you are coming from. Don't even try to go from everything at your finger tips, at a moments notice, to waiting up to a month for a part to come in. I don't care how adaptable anyone thinks they are, no one can go from one extreme to another and remain in their fantasy world. You will end up hating your decission, and you will make everyone around you hating that decission too.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:29 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,697,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublecheck1 View Post
The main problem with inner city people, is that they move to the country. Listen. You may have watched "Baby Boom" a thousand times. You may even be an avid camper. Every year you pack up the family, tent and fishing gear, and head out for your weekend or one week camping excursion.

Just because you love camping, did you ever stop to think how you or your family would feel if you had to live out of a tent 365 days a year? OH. Not so beautiful a picture anymore is it? Just because you people love "visiting" the country towns, does not mean that you have any business even thinking about moving to any of those towns. You will become miserable, and you will make everyone around you miserable.

Here's a better plan for you. If you are dead set on moving to NH, move to a smaller city than what you are coming from. Don't even try to go from everything at your finger tips, at a moments notice, to waiting up to a month for a part to come in. I don't care how adaptable anyone thinks they are, no one can go from one extreme to another and remain in their fantasy world. You will end up hating your decission, and you will make everyone around you hating that decission too.
What???

Old 06-15-2010, 08:03 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,452,247 times
Quote:

Thanks!
Yes, they are very careful out West and in dryer places. Here we can light rockets and even (w/fire permit) burn in our own yards.

Sandbarcreek, I did not realize or remember you came from Sandpoint - (assuming you mean ID). That is one nice place I would like to consider maybe in retirement if I do not head to Northern NH. What is not to like about N. Idaho?

Old 06-15-2010, 09:27 PM

5 posts, read 11,773 times
What???

Instead of selling people the "dream", inner city people need to be told the reality. Other than spending their vacation dollars, city people have absolutely no business even thinking about living in the country towns and villages. Their very presence is totally destructive to the language, culture, heritage of the small towns and villages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire