Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2012, 12:15 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
Dear "LOL"

YAY!!!! It is so great seeing you here!!!!Thanks for making me smile!!!!

We all missed you, during your "time away"

Reading your posts, this thread makes me SMILE, and HAPPY!!!

Especially after reading a couple of the posts in the politics section It is taking a lot

for me to stay away from that section.....And of course it does not help to see how BIASED

our media is at handling it all.... All we have is a bunch of "talking heads" ignoring

the truth, and hurting our country while they are at it....I am really worried about our country, the future....

We are $16 TRILLION in the RED there is so much apathy about it all....

I think we are in the end of times, either that, or going through the labor pains of it all

Or, someone thinks they can get away with it all...... Maybe I am in the twilight zone... LOL

Hello countrylv22 and everyone!

It's nice to be missed and to put a smile on countrylv22, thanks!

Yes I've been posting in the Politics section in a slightly higher frequency because of this upcoming important presidential election. However it does help to post in there with a "lol" demeanor, otherwise many of the posts and or responses could be potentially taken too personally. You countrylv22 have handled it well from your posts I read, but the nature of that part of the forum and then some of the posters there is another "story".

$IX TRILLION DOLLAR$ OF DEBT IS ON 0BAMA'S WATCH IN LESS THAN 4 YEARS AND BY FAR MUCH MORE THAN ALL THE PRIOR PRESIDENTS IN THE SAME TIME PERIOD AGAIN BY FAR! FUTURE GENERATIONS WILL PAY THE PRICE FOR THIS ME$$.

Also our "media died" as they are mostly in the liberal/democratic bed so one has to use their logic and brain to cut through the propaganda and omissions as well as being informed and educated by doing the appropriate research. Unfortunately some/many people "eat what they are fed" by most of the left biased media without even questioning it.

This impending SANDY storm/hurricane/whatever: I hope that all of you if it hits where you live in whatever form equals no damages and or injuries. As for me, according to the forecast at this point in time to be MUCH CLOSER geographically to where the eye will pass as I reside in Southwestern New Jersey and good thing that I DON'T live on the coast as I'm approx., 40 miles inland. So I may be gone in a couple of days and heck I gotta die some time, so it was nice knowing you all - okay, okay j/k! If in after so many months you don't see a post of mine here I either really died or I was banned from CD.

Also after thinking about this I've decided to stop posting in this thread as the weekly "bumper" because I feel that I've been intruding and taking over someone else's thread namely our great friend countrylv22 though initially was done with only solely good intentions. I'll post in here if countrylv22 has a post in this her thread that would be then appropriate for me to respond, someone directs a post to me or just if nothing else and it has been a long while just to "say hello". I won't change my mind (is there something wrong with the mind I have? - lol!) and of course this IS NOT personal, hope that it's clearly understood.

I'll repeat in case it was missed that when I had that hiatus from here it had nothing to do with anyone here.

Closing comment:
In my view and opinion I hope that you all vote for the appropriate president in this dire and so very important election as the future of the United States of America and its citizens is at stake! May GOD help us if the wrong president gets re-elected.

You all take care and GOD Bless!

Until next time and hopefully soon,
lol-its-good4U
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 05:48 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,195,604 times
Exclamation SANDY STORM October 2012

Dear "LOL"

Thanks for this message, I will answer it later on.

Please keep us posted how you are doing throughout the storm!

Please stay safe! Please do not go out, if you do not need to! Keep us posted!

I wish everyone in NH, New England the very best! "CASEYB" is in MA, Nicole M. is in the Lakes region in NH,

Valerie C. & GregW are in the Londonderry area, Lisa G. & BF are in Hollis NH,

please keep us posted how you are all doing!

And I know that regardless of how it all turns out, I know MAC MUZ will be OK!!!

You are all in my thoughts & prayers, hang in there, stay safe, stay dry! God be with you!

Good luck everyone!!!

Take good care everyone!

God bless you all!

((((HUGS))))

COUNTRY

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Hello countrylv22 and everyone!

It's nice to be missed and to put a smile on countrylv22, thanks!

Yes I've been posting in the Politics section in a slightly higher frequency because of this upcoming important presidential election. However it does help to post in there with a "lol" demeanor, otherwise many of the posts and or responses could be potentially taken too personally. You countrylv22 have handled it well from your posts I read, but the nature of that part of the forum and then some of the posters there is another "story".

$IX TRILLION DOLLAR$ OF DEBT IS ON 0BAMA'S WATCH IN LESS THAN 4 YEARS AND BY FAR MUCH MORE THAN ALL THE PRIOR PRESIDENTS IN THE SAME TIME PERIOD AGAIN BY FAR! FUTURE GENERATIONS WILL PAY THE PRICE FOR THIS ME$$.

Also our "media died" as they are mostly in the liberal/democratic bed so one has to use their logic and brain to cut through the propaganda and omissions as well as being informed and educated by doing the appropriate research. Unfortunately some/many people "eat what they are fed" by most of the left biased media without even questioning it.

This impending SANDY storm/hurricane/whatever: I hope that all of you if it hits where you live in whatever form equals no damages and or injuries. As for me, according to the forecast at this point in time to be MUCH CLOSER geographically to where the eye will pass as I reside in Southwestern New Jersey and good thing that I DON'T live on the coast as I'm approx., 40 miles inland. So I may be gone in a couple of days and heck I gotta die some time, so it was nice knowing you all - okay, okay j/k! If in after so many months you don't see a post of mine here I either really died or I was banned from CD.

Also after thinking about this I've decided to stop posting in this thread as the weekly "bumper" because I feel that I've been intruding and taking over someone else's thread namely our great friend countrylv22 though initially was done with only solely good intentions. I'll post in here if countrylv22 has a post in this her thread that would be then appropriate for me to respond, someone directs a post to me or just if nothing else and it has been a long while just to "say hello". I won't change my mind (is there something wrong with the mind I have? - lol!) and of course this IS NOT personal, hope that it's clearly understood.

I'll repeat in case it was missed that when I had that hiatus from here it had nothing to do with anyone here.

Closing comment:
In my view and opinion I hope that you all vote for the appropriate president in this dire and so very important election as the future of the United States of America and its citizens is at stake! May GOD help us if the wrong president gets re-elected.

You all take care and GOD Bless!

Until next time and hopefully soon,
lol-its-good4U

Old 10-29-2012, 07:21 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
LOL........ Thar ain't nuthin' goin on here........ little breeze i could sail my canoe in and some rain....

If it were anything big I'ld be out playin in it somehwere with a saw in one hand and a beer in the other....

That way when strangers look on I can say here hold this and cut some wood! That works better plowing snow of course but thar's no snow yet!

Alas, so far all I dun is close both sets of bahn doahs'

Country might be it's time to just call me by name Mac......... That Muz is for muzzeloaders, and all the macs were taken when i first came on line...

Have it your way though......

Old 10-29-2012, 10:35 PM

Hello country and everyone,

A response by request to tell you that I'm still alive just getting out of a 4 plus hour power outage (that I thought I wouldn't see power for a week though my electrical power lines are underground) but will say hopefully that it'll stay that way and not have another episode.

The eye of the storm passed just south of me (and I mean just south) but this was no ordinary hurricane in that it seems that the winds did not increase in its passing and will actually decrease from its 40 plus mph winds in a few hours. Also no floods here but I can't say the same to the poor people approx., 40 miles east of me on the Jersey Shore and I'm sure you've all already seen and heard about this. On the most part the people on the outer part away from the former center of this now storm are the ones getting hammered from the winds. Even in OHIO there's 150K plus people without power from this storm. Just downright weird as if this was a typical hurricane I might not be here so soon to write about it.

NYC is messed up as NYU had to evacuate, part of the subway system is flooded and everything is in shutdown mode and mind you they didn't get much rain at all - it's all in the wind and sea/water surges. I lived in that region in Northern NJ till 4 months ago and know how it goes there.

Hope that you all get through this without any complications.

Take care and GOD Bless!

lol-its-good4U

Old 10-30-2012, 07:00 AM

Good mornin' LOL..... You will find a lot of folks have gone missing this mornin' . I am with out power myself, but the genni is on. I have 3 inches of rain, but that's all. I hear a few saws, chippers and other gennnies in the distance.

Out here dead and dying trees soak up water and large limbs fall down.

But the NH coast was hit as i see it on the news and in NH the rural places are usually dead last to get power back, so while nuthin' happened I might be on the genni several days at the least.

It is likely that more than 150,000 souls in NH are with out power.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Good mornin' LOL..... You will find a lot of folks have gone missing this mornin' . I am with out power myself, but the genni is on. I have 3 inches of rain, but that's all. I hear a few saws, chippers and other gennnies in the distance.

Out here dead and dying trees soak up water and large limbs fall down.

But the NH coast was hit as i see it on the news and in NH the rural places are usually dead last to get power back, so while nuthin' happened I might be on the genni several days at the least.

It is likely that more than 150,000 souls in NH are with out power.
Good Morning to you Mac_Muz,

Any day one can wake up and be alive in good health is a good day.

Just watching the newscasts, it's just something to behold of all of the damage done away from the center of the hurricane. I hope that you have enough gas for your generator to last whatever time your power is down and I hope that time is brief. I had another but this time brief 3 -4 minute power outage at about 8:06am this morning.

150K souls in NH and another about 150K souls in Ohio and over 4 million souls up and down the east coast without power from Hurricane Sandy, it's her fault! Last year as well with Irene, it was also her fault too. Maaaaann, these women storms better stop destroying! We still have a mess in our hands here in NJ (not so much me luckily), the Philadelphia region and New York City with the flooded subways and that 50 house fire in Queens county because of the hurricane.

Please take care of yourself and hope all will become more normal for you soon enough.

As long as you and yours are okay as in the end that's what counts!

GOD Bless!

lol-its-good4U

Old 10-30-2012, 08:51 AM

The gennie runs for days on the propane tanks. It will run non stop for more than 4 days before tanks need to be switched.

That's with out conserving any...... We will check for power every 4 hours or so, and shut it down at night. Being rural dwellers we take of these things long before they happen. The biggest problem we could suffer from a storm like this would be a mess of trees falling down across the driveway.

Some of these trees are so big around it would take 3 to 4 adults to reach around them holding hands.... if a mess fell then it would be work. None have, so there is nothing to do.

Several years ago a 4 foot diameter pine did fall on it;s own, just old and tired and that day i was wanting a late season mc ride.. I didn't know the tree went down over night, but i found it heading out.

No big deal, parked the bike and walked back to the barn, grabbed a saw and the pick up and drove back. I cut the part that was blocking the driveway and took off again.

Later i cut up the rest and made the whole tree kindling. This driveway looks like a dirt rd,. and is 1/2 mile to the house. It's another 1/10th to the barn, and another again to the back of the field.

Later i might walk the power line, like last time in Irene, but even if i find a tree on the wires there we will wait.........

The way I live just makes these problems not count for much for me and mine.

I think Country knows I can start fire with 2 sticks and is why she knows i will be fine. I also make stone age tools and can live that life style. About the only thing that ruffles my feathers is caused by another live bird, usually flapping it's wings up between my legs to beat my face before I put it in the pot!

You must be ON backup power too...... I have friends in NJ and can't reach them. (Bloomfield) My guess is they have no power, but otherwise are fine.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:49 AM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,195,604 times
Question Great to hear from you guys! Where is "WANNA" NICOLE, LISA, VAL, CASEY???

Dear MAC & LOL,

Great to hear you are BOTH OK!!!

I am worried about "WANNA COME HOME" in Maryland, she also has loved ones in NH....Report yourself "WANNA"
We need to know if you are OK!!!

Also NICOLE is in the Lakes region, I hope that area is ok as well!

And YES, MAC can SURVIVE anything, I am sure of that!!!!

And "LOL" it is by the grace of God that you are OK, because what I have seen of your area, it does not look pretty

I saw a house in Cape Cod just vanish I could not believe it!!!

I hope one of our Dear Moderators "CASEY B" is OK, she is in MA.

Hang in there my dear friends!

My thoughts & prayers are with everyone in the eye of the storm!

Report what is going on if possible!!!

Again, THANKS MAC & "LOL" for reporting back! It is a relief to hear from you both!

Take good care,

(((HUGS))) to ALL!!

God bless,

COUNTRY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
The gennie runs for days on the propane tanks. It will run non stop for more than 4 days before tanks need to be switched.

That's with out conserving any...... We will check for power every 4 hours or so, and shut it down at night. Being rural dwellers we take of these things long before they happen. The biggest problem we could suffer from a storm like this would be a mess of trees falling down across the driveway.

Some of these trees are so big around it would take 3 to 4 adults to reach around them holding hands.... if a mess fell then it would be work. None have, so there is nothing to do.

Several years ago a 4 foot diameter pine did fall on it;s own, just old and tired and that day i was wanting a late season mc ride.. I didn't know the tree went down over night, but i found it heading out.

No big deal, parked the bike and walked back to the barn, grabbed a saw and the pick up and drove back. I cut the part that was blocking the driveway and took off again.

Later i cut up the rest and made the whole tree kindling. This driveway looks like a dirt rd,. and is 1/2 mile to the house. It's another 1/10th to the barn, and another again to the back of the field.

Later i might walk the power line, like last time in Irene, but even if i find a tree on the wires there we will wait.........

The way I live just makes these problems not count for much for me and mine.

I think Country knows I can start fire with 2 sticks and is why she knows i will be fine. I also make stone age tools and can live that life style. About the only thing that ruffles my feathers is caused by another live bird, usually flapping it's wings up between my legs to beat my face before I put it in the pot!

You must be ON backup power too...... I have friends in NJ and can't reach them. (Bloomfield) My guess is they have no power, but otherwise are fine.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:00 PM

Hi Country,

Well it's not my area that we had any real destruction but about 40 miles east of me on the shoreline where the terrible damages have taken place. Made me tear to see Seaside Park, NJ destruction in that that boardwalk is and the roller coaster ride once on the boardwalk is partially submerged in water on the beach. It'll take several months to rebuild and it will happen as NJ-ians are resilient and will chip their talents to make it happen. NJ is the only state that when the summer time comes around and one says "I or we're going to the shore" as its own special meaning.

Maybe we can all use a survival lesson or two or three from Mac_Muz.

Thanks for your thoughts and hope our other friends check-in to tell us they're okay.

GOD Bless!

lol-its-good4U

Old 10-30-2012, 12:15 PM

The lakes region is with out power.... I am not sure how exposed NICOLE is to winds......

I am sort of below very tall trees, and could hear winds last night when i was outside checking things... but only rain fell on my face

The NH sea shore was hit as hard as any probably. Hampton Bch probably got more than a little wet and while i don't know it as fact i bet the 1A road is full of beach stones.

I am inland about 60 miles from Portland Maine, maybe 20 miles due north from Lake Winnipesaukee NH the way the crow flies and maybe 30 miles due south of Mt Washington dead straight lines of course.

I have family just south of Balt too in Pasedena which is inland enough. I know they are fine since they arrived in Alasaka 2 days before the storm.... of course they have married kids still in that Md area, and they are likely out of power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire