Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 07:05 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,304,004 times

Advertisements

Hi, i used to live about 20 mins north of portsmouth in a nice park between rochester and dover. great place to live nice clean park. there are close to 800 trailers in this park. it's out in the counrty fairly close to evreything . it's called lilac city estates. they have there own sales office and everything there. if you have any more questions about this place feel free to ask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 01:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,847 times
Default Sherwood Glen

Anyone know for sure is this an age restricted park? If not, is it decent? I see one for a low price that I'd like to jump on just to get back to NH - then look around once there. Lot rent? Pet policy? How does one find that out?

Thanks.

Old 09-02-2015, 01:51 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,494,011 times
Ever seen the show trailer park boys?

I do love the idea of living in a trailer park, owning my house/trailer outright and only paying park fees/property tax. Would sure free up ALOT of money to spend on ALOT funner things other then housing.

My wife thinks otherwise tho.

Old 09-02-2015, 02:59 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,256,590 times
Webb Wilder, Private Eye - "The Saucer's Reign"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oNwx3N75OY

www.webbwilder.com

Old 09-02-2015, 08:28 PM

4 posts, read 3,805 times
I know this is an old thread, but since it has been recently revived and as others will now find it in a typical web search, I feel it is worth commenting on...

After looking at and considering several of these "properties" recently.. I can pretty much assure you that you will be much happier in the long run with your own land. If privacy is not greatly important to you, then a park is fine; otherwise I would strongly encourage anyone considering buying a mobile home in a rental park to do whatever you have to do financially to buy a home on LAND that you really want..

I don't mean to put down rental parks. Some of them are very nice and very well maintained, but they come at a heavy price IMHO. That heavy price comes in the form of giving up almost all control of your own home/property that YOU PAY FOR to somebody else. If you must buy in a "park", then I would strongly suggest you buy in a co-op park where you will actually own the land that your home sits on. While you won't have complete freedom there, as an owner (and depending on how the co-op is set up, possibly a trustee), you will still have a voice in how things are run, and how much you need to pay out of your pocket.

That being said; If you look around, you will find many mobile homes for sale on their own private land. Don't be discouraged by high asking prices. These properties often can be purchased for much less than the asking price, since they will not qualify for conventional bank financing. You can finance these properties through various sources (including, if all else fails, the NH Community Loan Fund), but the interest rates are very high. Consider placing an offer with seller financing, or a "lease to own" option (where you lease for a period of time, with an option to buy at a predetermined price at lease end).

The bottom line is; If all you can afford is to buy a cheap mobile home in a rental park, then that is what you need to do. But if even remotely possible, try to look outside the box, and consider some better options that you'll likely be much happier with in the long run.

To any who read this; Good luck in your home search and please don't assume your desired home is out of your reach until you try.

Old 10-14-2015, 04:37 AM

36 posts, read 27,056 times
Hi, I have lived in what was once Lindenshire Estates and is now Exeter MHP. Take my advice and cross it off your list. There are close to 300 residents...it is a Co-op, but you don't feel like it's your own property, believe me. The plowing is the worst in winter...roads not kept up; the pool is the raved about amenity and only frequented by the same ol' groups with noisy kids. The Board of Directors changes more often than a baby's diaper and the park 'rent' is $400/mo+.
Your neighbors are close and maintenance is left to occupants. I would look very closely at recent police activity in any area I chose if I were you, police logs, Seacoast online, etc..
I'm actually doing a search for relatives coming 'home' from Arizona and I'm looking into Hillcrest in Portsmouth ... a bit more expensive but I hear they scrutinize and are selective, which from my experience is beneficial to all. Best of luck in your search.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:52 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,349,573 times
Hi. I read almost all the New Hampshire threads as we are going to retire there from Colorado in a few years but have not decided on the town, so I am constantly looking for "inside info". So, although we will not be buying a mobile home, I have read some of the posts on this thread that talk about mobile home parks being "selective". and I am just wondering what that means.

I thought that managers of mobile home parks, apartments, etc. could only prevent someone from buying/renting if they had a criminal history and/or if it was doubtful if they could meet their payments. Am I wrong about that? If I am, then I would like to know what other factors are looked at (again, just out of curiosity).

Thanks.

Old 10-14-2015, 07:36 AM

9,877 posts, read 7,204,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
Hi. I read almost all the New Hampshire threads as we are going to retire there from Colorado in a few years but have not decided on the town, so I am constantly looking for "inside info". So, although we will not be buying a mobile home, I have read some of the posts on this thread that talk about mobile home parks being "selective". and I am just wondering what that means.

I thought that managers of mobile home parks, apartments, etc. could only prevent someone from buying/renting if they had a criminal history and/or if it was doubtful if they could meet their payments. Am I wrong about that? If I am, then I would like to know what other factors are looked at (again, just out of curiosity).

Thanks.
If the mobile home park is set up as a cooperative, the board of directors has final say on the approval of anyone wanting to buy a share in the park. They must abide by NH law but unless a denied purchaser can prove discrimination, they are out of luck.

Old 02-22-2018, 08:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,236 times
Does anyone know anything about Reagan Estates mph in Somersworth NH.? How much lot rent, entry fee's, cats allowed?

Old 03-31-2018, 03:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,099 times
Moving to Sherwood Glen which is under new ownership next month and was looking for any possible input on park rules? Any tips, things to know, see? Thank you all, I'm going to be a transplant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire