Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 08:28 PM

3 posts, read 17,593 times

Advertisements

There is never any way to tell if a mobile home park is nice or a nightmare unless you actually live in one! We are relocating to coastal NH in the late summer and have been looking at mobile homes in Hillcrest Estates, Staples, Stoneybrook, Sherwood Forest, Emerson Village, Hayes, and Pine Pond. If you have any "inside information" about any of these places, I would love to talk with you. I'm looking for the stuff that isn't in the realtor's information. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 09:38 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,918,663 times
Welcome to the NH forum gkshaw I promise, no Realtor spin here:

If you're considering Hillcrest then you'll first want to find out if you'll get past Tinamarie's approval process. The park is ruled with somewhat of an iron fist (which is part of it's appeal for some). Don't bother wasting your time/money with a home inspection, etc until you are approved, in writing. More people are denied entrance than approved. I could tell you stories...

Also (not sure if it matters) I believe Sherwood and Emerson are age-restricted.

Looking forward to seeing some answers rolling in

Old 04-08-2008, 11:18 PM

1,281 posts, read 3,697,417 times
Default I know several people living in Sherwood

I don't believe Sherwood is age-restricted, unless it changed recently - as I know young families and older people living there.

Did you check out Tara Estates on Salmon Falls in Rochester. Very nice mobile home park, now they might be age-restricted - I know they used to be for the older people (not elderly but older) but I think they may have waived that.

Are you looking for Somersworth/Rochester - or more in lines of Dover etc?

Old 04-09-2008, 05:40 AM

As of last week, Sherwood was age-restricted to 55+. Maybe you're thinking of Lindenshire, which is family AND a co-op by the way.

And now that I'm thinking that Emerson in Hampstead isn't age restricted, but Granite Village is...

Sherwood Glen in Somersworth? I can get you the scoop on that one...

Old 04-09-2008, 07:13 AM

951 posts, read 1,643,840 times
If you see a dog tied up to an engine block out front, that's the one to avoid.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:42 AM

1,281 posts, read 3,697,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
As of last week, Sherwood was age-restricted to 55+. Maybe you're thinking of Lindenshire, which is family AND a co-op by the way.

And now that I'm thinking that Emerson in Hampstead isn't age restricted, but Granite Village is...

Sherwood Glen in Somersworth? I can get you the scoop on that one...
Oops me bad - sorry I read your post and not the OP and didn't see Sherwood Forest - definitely different park than Sherwood Glen. Sorry wasn't trying to step on toes Valerie, I know your expertise is very valued on here -- forgive me

Old 04-09-2008, 09:58 AM

Wow. Thanks everyone for responding. We are both over 55, so an age-restricted park is certainly an option. Valerie, do you know what this Tinamarie has in mind when she is interviewing for prospective buyers? Are the rules fair or are they intrusive? I'd be very interested in your "stories". It certainly makes our decision easier when choosing a home. We did live in a park up here in Topsham and the owner was strict, but it did make it a very nice, quiet place to live. Thanks again and I'll remember to keep an eye out for dogs tied to engine blocks! LOL Karen

Old 04-09-2008, 10:48 AM

We would like to stay in the coastal area, so Rochester might be a little out of the way. We have family in Mass. Does anyone know anything about co-ops? I have no experience with them.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:30 AM

Don't be silly!!! EVERYBODY'S input is important here--I can't tell you how much I've learned about areas outside of where I live and work by the grace of all the people who post here. I should have been more clear in my first AND my 2nd posts on this topic! I wasn't even thinking of Sherwood Glen, one of my favorite closings last year, and my introduction to Mojito's in Dover )

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH2NCMom View Post
Oops me bad - sorry I read your post and not the OP and didn't see Sherwood Forest - definitely different park than Sherwood Glen. Sorry wasn't trying to step on toes Valerie, I know your expertise is very valued on here -- forgive me

Old 04-09-2008, 11:44 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,655,644 times
A friend of mine lives in a park in Epping, NH and seems quite pleased. I do not remember the name. it is off Rt 125 north of Rt 101.

A & I lived in one in Connecticut many years ago and it was not a very plesant experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire