U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-19-2019, 08:28 PM
 
1,993 posts, read 3,416,101 times
Reputation: 2817

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pslresident444 View Post
New Hampshire is losing population because jobs are so dreadfully concentrated in major financial centers like Boston, New York, San Fransisco, etc..., and because manufacturing is defunct due to off-shore investment in super-cheap labor like China, so tell me, who will pay for government services if not the affluent?
NH is NOT losing population. It is the 2nd fastest growing state in New England after Mass. VT, ME, CT, RI are totally flat with no pop growth. NH gained 3% from 2010-2018 which is not bad for the northeast. In fact NH also grew faster then NY, NJ, PA the last 8 yrs as well. So it is the 2nd fastest growing state in the ENTIRE northeast...#2 out of 9. Much of that is b/c no state income tax and its the least liberal choice for a state to live in New England. The only reason MA grows is b/c tech jobs in Boston. The rest of MA is not growing. People are fleeing high tax liberal states across the US, including Illinois big time.

Last edited by ctr88; 07-19-2019 at 09:49 PM..

 
Old 07-19-2019, 09:09 PM
 
Location: The Woods
17,298 posts, read 23,241,643 times
Reputation: 9777
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
Yes ,that is why all those third worlders want to come here rather than other "civilized" nations where they could be "safer"

liker I said before, keep smoking that meth sunshine
Europe has been inundated with refugees. The people coming here are primarily from countries closer. Countries in central and south America from which they can literally walk from as poor as they are.
 
Old 07-20-2019, 12:49 AM
 
6,374 posts, read 1,864,720 times
Reputation: 11032
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
The property taxes are far less than the wealthy would pay on an income or wealth tax so they favor that.
A property tax IS A wealth tax.
 
Old 07-20-2019, 01:08 AM
 
6,374 posts, read 1,864,720 times
Reputation: 11032
[/quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
It's pretty basic psychology that the behavior, culture, attitudes, etc., of the people around a child influences that child as they grow.
It’s pretty basic economics that everyone is Free to Choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post

People raised in a society and culture that emphasizes selfishness, greed, tolerates bullying, etc., tend to turn out the same way.
I don’t understand; you say that as if it were a bad thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post

As far as healthcare goes as well, the vast majority of people in this country have little to no real wealth. That’s a simple fact.
Very true, but only in Barnes and Noble. Specifically, in the Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post

Governments exist to do things most individuals on their own can't accomplish.
You spend quite a bit of time on the fiction aisle.

Government exists to purchase collectively that which is most economically purchased collectively. Your post implies a paternalistic approach that cannot exist because we DELEGATE powers to the government.

The rest of your post makes almost as much sense.
 
Old 07-20-2019, 02:56 AM
 
Location: Manchester NH
2,650 posts, read 3,027,387 times
Reputation: 4053
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Europe has been inundated with refugees. The people coming here are primarily from countries closer. Countries in central and south America from which they can literally walk from as poor as they are.

you really, REALLY need to put down that meth pipe, perhaps spend some time in reality, and stop watching CNN and believing Bernie the Commie
 
Old 07-20-2019, 05:24 AM
 
Location: The Woods
17,298 posts, read 23,241,643 times
Reputation: 9777
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
you really, REALLY need to put down that meth pipe, perhaps spend some time in reality, and stop watching CNN and believing Bernie the Commie
The fact you repeatedly resort to personal attacks says it all about your lack of coherent and rational arguments.
 
Old 07-20-2019, 06:00 AM
 
Location: Manchester NH
2,650 posts, read 3,027,387 times
Reputation: 4053
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
The fact you repeatedly resort to personal attacks says it all about your lack of coherent and rational arguments.
One cannot speak to a liberal rationally, they are incapable of rational thought, , liberalism is a mental disease. Something you have already proven by your thought process. That is not my fault but rather yours.
 
Old 07-20-2019, 07:52 AM
 
Location: Manchester NH
2,650 posts, read 3,027,387 times
Reputation: 4053
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Europe has been inundated with refugees. The people coming here are primarily from countries closer. Countries in central and south America from which they can literally walk from as poor as they are.

Uh, actually we have a refugee problem from all countries, in particular Somalia which is not only a refugee issue but a terrorist and trojan horse one, crafter by none other than Obama himself or do you think Ilham the anti Israelite got where she is by accident. Nope, emotions were played and gullible liberals bought her orchrestrated spiel ..

Socialism only destroys , a truth that has been played out time and time again.. taxation to further big brotherism only leads to one kind of equality, equal squalor, equal breakdown of agencies, equal servitude and ultimately equal collapse.. take a look at Venezuela . Oh and please please please do not mention Denmark.. it's coming apart at the seams.. taxation and control NEVER lead anyone to prosperity because you can only sustain it for so long.
 
Old 07-20-2019, 08:16 AM
 
Location: Manchester NH
2,650 posts, read 3,027,387 times
Reputation: 4053
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
The fact you repeatedly resort to personal attacks says it all about your lack of coherent and rational arguments.
Ever increasing taxes produce the very things you complain about and more..


INADEQUATE INCOMES

The total outcome of all of the effects listed below is a large tax burden. And only workers feel the brunt of this burden, because only workers create wealth. When all of these effects are combined, the tax burden on the average worker is currently about 73 percent of income. So people can't live on their incomes.

LOW WAGES

Multiple governments levy so many taxes on businesses that "taxes" is the highest budget items on the ledger sheets of most businesses. These taxes take away some of the money otherwise used to pay wages. So employers can't pay good wages.

HIGH PRICES

Multiple governments levy so many taxes on businesses that "taxes" is the highest budget items on the ledger sheets of most businesses. Businesses have to raise prices to get money to pay these taxes. So product prices go up. This leads to inflation.

SHODDY PRODUCTS

Multiple governments levy so many taxes on businesses that "taxes" is the highest budget items on the ledger sheets of most businesses. These taxes take away money otherwise used to improve quality. Instead, businesses must cut corners to make the products and pay the high taxes. Many recalls are the results of businesses cutting too many corners, to save money so they can pay the high taxes.

PRODUCT UNAVAILABILITY AND DISCONTINUATION

Because high taxes cost businesses more, they can't provide as many products as they used to be able to. Property taxes make it expensive to stock products with lower quantities demanded. And manufacturers can't afford to produce the low-demand products and also pay their taxes. The result is that people with allergies to the mainstream products can't buy any products they can use.

LOST JOBS

Many businesses go bankrupt, because they can't afford to operate after government takes its cut. Other businesses flee the country, to escape the high taxes. And still other businesses must cut their payrolls to stay within their incomes. The result in each case is the loss of jobs those businesses provided in the economy.

FORECLOSURES, EVICTIONS, AND HOMELESSNESS

Because taxes are so high, people who originally entered into mortgages or rental contracts with the ability to pay them now no longer have the money to pay the monthly payments. Landlords also can't pay their taxes and their mortgages, causing the loss of the rental units. And if the taxes are not paid instead, government quickly seizes the property and sells it at auction at a sheriff sale. Thus, high taxes cause foreclosures and evictions.

With the foreclosure or eviction comes homelessness, because these victims of government greed can no longer afford to pay rent or mortgage payments. So high taxes cause homelessness.

POVERTY AND HIGH CRIME

Because more people can't afford to live on their incomes, the poverty rate goes up. This causes an additional drain on the budgets of government social programs. This means that each poor person can't get enough to live on.

Many poor people, unable to find jobs because government overtaxed the economy, turn to crime to get the money needed to support their families. This causes the crime rate to go up. And since many of those crimes are robberies, the violent crime rate goes up too.

CHRONIC RECESSION

The high taxation takes so much away from the economy that it enters a permanent form of recession. If government tries to boost the economy with increased government spending, the result is stagflation (simultaneous high inflation and unemployment) instead of prosperity. The only cure for stagflation is to cut both taxes and government spending. But this takes time to happen, keeping the effects of overtaxation in place for a time after the overtaxation ends.

LOW REAL TAX REVENUES

The permanent recession and losses of jobs caused by the high taxes cause a drop in government revenue, as economic production drops. If government then raises tax rates to recoup the lost revenue, production drops again, and the revenue drops even more. In addition to this, the increase in prices caused by the increased taxation prevents government spending from purchasing as much. So high tax rates cause lower real tax revenue collection.

Government causes its own revenue shortages by wanting more money than it should have - a victim of its own greedy ways. The size of government is naturally limited by the size of the economy around it. Attempts to make government larger than this limit cause economic trouble.
 
Old 07-20-2019, 09:58 AM
 
4,164 posts, read 3,631,076 times
Reputation: 4122
Question: Does the NH constitution prohibit progressive taxation? It's progressive income taxation that drives well off people out of high tax states like New Jersey where the new governor, Phil Murphy (an MA native), just raised the maximum income tax rate to 10 3/4%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top