Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2019, 02:03 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,242,081 times

Advertisements

I'm visiting some friends in the Lincoln area for a day or two and will have 5 days to tour the state. Now I've spent some time in NH but it's been years back. I'm very familiar with Dover and Portsmouth. I've spent time in Conway and numerous towns but really did not do much in the way of touring. What 2 or 3 towns would you tell a visitor they should visit. I love photography but I'm an amateur at best. Love outdoor scenes but an injury will keep from walking a lot. Love waterfalls, mountain views and so on.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2019, 02:17 PM

4,569 posts, read 5,671,494 times
Lightbulb New Hampshire Garden Solutions

Hard not to find mountain views, but the good waterfalls require a bit of a hike, some more than others.

Check out September posts from years past on "New Hampshire Garden Solutions" for inspiration.

Old 07-02-2019, 06:40 AM

62 posts, read 55,438 times
In that area, I'd take the cog railroad to the top of Mt Washington and then visit Whitefield, where you can stay the the beautiful Mountain View Grand Resort, a renovated historic hotel property with gorgeous views of the Presidential Range from its charming front porch. The town of Littleton is on a rushing river and has a suspension bridge and restored mill that might be nice for photos.

Old 07-03-2019, 08:25 AM

104 posts, read 139,068 times
For a 5 day visit based in Lincoln I would suggest:
A. I second taking the Cog up Mt. Washington. Or drive it if you don't mind a half hour nerve-wracking trip in 1st gear. In either case, certainly drive up and down the Kanc.
B. Walk the Flume Gorge there in Lincoln. And/or do the Lost River Gorge in Rumney.
C. New London is a nice town but in September the Barn Playhouse is ending its summer run and the college students will be returning.
D. Head down 93 then east to Meredith and Laconia. See Lake W., visit Fun Spot and Kellerhaus.
E. Drive up 93 and visit Franconia, the north country. Hit 91 and go up and down the river. See the Hanover area.

https://www.nhstateparks.org/visit/p...es/flume-gorge
Home
https://www.funspotnh.com/

Old 07-03-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takingnames View Post
For a 5 day visit based in Lincoln I would suggest:
A. I second taking the Cog up Mt. Washington. Or drive it if you don't mind a half hour nerve-wracking trip in 1st gear. In either case, certainly drive up and down the Kanc.
B. Walk the Flume Gorge there in Lincoln. And/or do the Lost River Gorge in Rumney.
C. New London is a nice town but in September the Barn Playhouse is ending its summer run and the college students will be returning.
D. Head down 93 then east to Meredith and Laconia. See Lake W., visit Fun Spot and Kellerhaus.
E. Drive up 93 and visit Franconia, the north country. Hit 91 and go up and down the river. See the Hanover area.

https://www.nhstateparks.org/visit/p...es/flume-gorge
Home
https://www.funspotnh.com/
Thanks. My visit to Lincoln will likely only be a day or two at most.

Old 07-04-2019, 05:31 PM

3,886 posts, read 3,504,464 times
A less visited but beautiful part of the state is the Monadnock region. For the classic New England village look, I highly recommend Washington, Hancock and Harrisville. The latter is also a classic mill town, carefully preserved and very photogenic, especially the library and church from across the pond.

Old 07-06-2019, 04:57 AM

Thanks. Sounds like a place to visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire