Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2019, 01:11 PM

27 posts, read 23,875 times

Advertisements

I know there are websites to find a Lyme Literate Doctor, I've personally had some really bad experiences using these. I've found people to be pretty helpful on this forum and since I've been battling Lyme for many years, and I know the cases are pretty bad in the East Coast + medical care is the best in the United States on the East Coast, I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. Does anyone know a good Lyme Doctor on the East Coast by chance, if you could please send me a personal message with the name, it would mean a great deal to me. I would prefer to have a doctor willing to work with me on the phone but I'm open to any referrals at this point. I'm even considering moving out that way just to get good medical care. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 03:57 PM

4,569 posts, read 5,666,362 times
Question Lyme disease, or "chronic Lyme disease"?

I assume you mean "chronic Lyme disease" aka post-treatment Lyme disease (PTLD)?

Old 08-27-2019, 05:46 PM

Yes, "chronic Lyme disease," I've tried the long-term antibiotics and it wasn't a good path for me. I've made great progress on herbs/treating myself, but I have some other health issues from the Lyme that I need help with. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Old 08-28-2019, 09:17 AM

104 posts, read 138,905 times
A couple weeks ago I read this article which I found pretty informative. I've read others like it in the past. Very scary disease, in part because it's so difficult to diagnose. The article gives a few names you might find useful.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...h-lyme/594736/

Old 08-31-2019, 09:51 PM

243 posts, read 102,154 times
https://www.massgeneral.org/rheumato...s.aspx?id=1551
Mass. Gen is a very good hospital. They have a big department that specializes in Lyme and Arthritis and other conditions related to Lyme or caused by Lyme.
I know after you gave it a long time, like you seem to have, you can develop a lot of secondary conditions as well.
There’s a lot of support groups too.
You probably know a lot of them.
One that some people don’t know much about is : inspire.com.
It covers a lot of conditions.

Old 09-02-2019, 06:02 AM

Sorry for the delay! Thank you for taking the time to respond and the information from both of you, I appreciate it.

Re: Pumpkin mouse - Actually, I don't know of any support groups. When I find some that are local and reach out, no one responds lol. I will look into inspire.com but could you please mention a few more. I've tried looking some up in the past but didn't really find anything.

Old 11-06-2019, 01:50 PM

25 posts, read 25,279 times
Hello. I know this post is old but I am researching New Hampshire for retirement but the ticks worry me and Lyme disease scares me. I do not plan on hiking. I like to enjoy the trees and mountains from a distance. I know, I know but I'm a city girl and can appreciate nature's beauty at a distance. Any info would be helpful. Thank you.

Old 11-07-2019, 07:43 AM
KCZ

4,663 posts, read 3,658,309 times
NH has a lot of insects in warm weather months, including various types of ticks. Lyme-carrying ticks are a minority and most people don't have any problems. However, it pays to protect yourself. Stay out of the woods and brush, or use insect repellent and keep yourself covered (long sleeves, socks, and pants closed at the ankle) if you're going out. This is good advice for dealing with mosquitoes and black flies too, which are very annoying in the spring. Keep the brush, bushes, and weeds cut back around your property, and get rid of standing water where mosquitoes breed. Check yourself and your pets for ticks when you go inside. If you think you've been bitten, see a doctor promptly.

Old 11-07-2019, 09:14 AM

25 posts, read 25,279 times
Thank you for all your good advice.

Old 11-08-2019, 06:17 AM

174 posts, read 231,729 times
I have had Lyme disease for 35 years and it reoccurs 1 to 3 times a year in my joints and is still extremely painful and really no cures yet. You might try Global Lyme Alliance as they are trying to find a cure. I have donated to them every year just to help find a cure and they are getting closer. They can give you leads for local people who may help. Good Luck to you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire