Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 06:47 AM

12,426 posts, read 9,519,802 times

Advertisements

Both Exeter and nearby Durham are known for good schools, and they're both pleasant towns, with a nice walkable downtown in a real nice area with great parks, the scenic Great Bay watershed, and nice area beaches. They do have high real estate taxes, but this will be offset (compared to other states), by the lack of a state income tax or sales tax on most things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2019, 09:35 PM

6 posts, read 3,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
The great thing about the Rte 101 corridor from the seacoast to Manchester (roughly 35 miles) is the number of towns that are easily accessible from either side of the freeway, and how much they actually vary from one another in terms of school quality, town services, road maintanance, etc. There are varying amounts of 'rural' but none of these areas can be considered remote in any way. Some towns might have a gas station and a convenience store, others (including Exeter) will have an abundance of shopping, restaurants, etc. While I'm not at all familiar with the job market in her line of work, it stand to reason that the most highly populated area of the state will have a far greater number of funeral homes. She may also have the opportunity in the Exeter area to travel across state lines into Massachusetts (Salisbury/Amesbury/Newburyport areas). It's great that your family can be flexible with who works full time/part time, and as you mentioned, obtaining a part time position to stay current with licensing requirements could work well with your situation. Just be aware that inventory of homes for sale is still ridiculously low in this area...

I’ve noticed with the inventory ir seem like September was slow and October there are 2 houses per town for sale.

Seriously?? 30-45 minutes to drive 5.5 miles? Wow - as crowded as I sometimes feel southern NH is becoming, our traffic is nothing like those numbers...
She used to work in Brooklyn it was 12 miles by side streets and 20 by highway and there were plenty of times her commute took a little over 2 hours. This is half the reason we want out. My post title should have been escaping NY instead of moving to NH.

Old 10-09-2019, 09:36 PM

6 posts, read 3,041 times
I really appreciate the help so far thank you all!

Old 10-09-2019, 10:42 PM

8 posts, read 5,634 times
Hi, this would be my very second post on here. Any good cities for engineers? I think BAE systems has a location in Nashua?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire