Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 06:01 PM

216 posts, read 913,208 times

Advertisements

Hi!
I have 2 girls, age 4 and 18 months. Both are very active and get cabin fever (I get cabin fever too) if we don't go out and do something. I think I've been to every park, kids museum, playground etc. that is within an hour of my home and I'm running out of ideas

Does anyone have any cute, fun places that are good for little kids? I am desperately seeking some new ideas/things to do and fun places to take my kids.

Thanks so much in advance.....I'm open to any suggestions. I live in Goffstown (near Manchester) and am willing to travel about an hour or so.

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2008, 06:05 PM

1,281 posts, read 3,703,135 times
how about just a good ol' fashioned nature walk? There is one on Pease AB in Portsmouth (about 40 minutes away) that has a scavenger hunt and stuff - you can even see some wild animals from a distance. My young kids enjoyed it - and I believe it's free -- then you can take a jaunt to the nearby coast. Make it an "I spy" type thing to teach them alphabet and things about the world.

Remember YOU get tired of the same things, but the kids love it that's how they remember and learn (I was told that by my 6 year olds teacher LOL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miakelly View Post
Hi!
I have 2 girls, age 4 and 18 months. Both are very active and get cabin fever (I get cabin fever too) if we don't go out and do something. I think I've been to every park, kids museum, playground etc. that is within an hour of my home and I'm running out of ideas

Does anyone have any cute, fun places that are good for little kids? I am desperately seeking some new ideas/things to do and fun places to take my kids.

Thanks so much in advance.....I'm open to any suggestions. I live in Goffstown (near Manchester) and am willing to travel about an hour or so.

Thanks!!!

Old 04-20-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH2NCMom View Post
how about just a good ol' fashioned nature walk? There is one on Pease AB in Portsmouth (about 40 minutes away) that has a scavenger hunt and stuff - you can even see some wild animals from a distance. My young kids enjoyed it - and I believe it's free -- then you can take a jaunt to the nearby coast. Make it an "I spy" type thing to teach them alphabet and things about the world.

Remember YOU get tired of the same things, but the kids love it that's how they remember and learn (I was told that by my 6 year olds teacher LOL)
That sounds GREAT! You're right, I do get tired of the same things and so I assume they do as well.....I have to remember to keep a child's perspective which can be hard sometimes

Old 04-20-2008, 06:50 PM

142 posts, read 573,512 times
Hi Miakelly, their is a place on rt 3 Weirs Beach called funspot,it's an arcade and they also have indoor kiddie rides,they have a bowling alley etc theirs things to do for little ones and for adults.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:21 PM

117 posts, read 425,032 times
The Mariposa Museum in Peterborough is IDEAL for girls your age. For boys, it is perhaps too staid (at least for my boys), but girls eat it up.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:52 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,944,147 times
With the nicer weather finally here, you can spend more time outside, always a good thing. You may already know about/been to these, but maybe there will be one or two that you haven't been to:

Greeley Park and Merrifield Park in Hudson, NH
Field of Dreams in Salem, NH

Pretty soon Canobie Lake Park in Salem will open if you're willing to spend $25 a person to enter (what's up with these prices??)

On a rainy days:

The Children's Museum in Portsmouth

The Space Center in Hooksett (Route 3, just off 93/Exit 9N).

Fun World on DW Highway (north) in Nashua has a pretty cool indoor playground.
FunWorld "Family Entertainment" Nashua, New Hampshire

Cedarland/Amazement in Haverhill, MA (part of Cedardale Health and Fitness Club, just off 495, Ward Hill Connector exit, PM me for better directions)(Cedarland)

The Discovery Stop in Londonderry (on 102, just off 93/Exit 4W)
Welcome to The Discovery Stop

The Backyard Party Place (Home: The Backyard Party Place. Dracut-Lowell, Massachusetts' premiere facility for jump party, kid indoor party game, kid indoor party place, indoor party for kid) is a great place to have a party. Unfortunately they don't do playtimes, just parties.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:56 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,136,422 times
"The Space Center in Hooksett (Route 3, just off 93/Exit 9N)"

Thanks Val - I was trying to think of the name of this place when you posted it.

It's almost across the street from the new movie theatres on route 3/28.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:41 AM

Thank you to everyone for the ideas!

WOW Valerie! Thank You SO very much, those are so many great ideas and I have not been to any of those parks in Salem or Hudson. Also, the indoor places look great! I am excited to check out some of those places.

Thank you for the links also, I really appreciate it.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:14 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,326,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roerinaci View Post
Hi Miakelly, their is a place on rt 3 Weirs Beach called funspot,it's an arcade and they also have indoor kiddie rides,they have a bowling alley etc theirs things to do for little ones and for adults.
I second Funspot-I live down the street and I love it. It really is fun for both kids and adults!

Old 04-21-2008, 07:16 AM

282 posts, read 1,186,058 times
There is a great, huge playground in Merrimack. My son loves it, and his school has gone on field trips there. Also, my son enjoys the playground in Auburn, which is right across Lake Masabesic so it is pretty. My son also enjoyed classes at My Gym in Bedford every once in a while. Also, the park area in New Castle is AWESOME--great playground there! Have you walked around the pond at Livingston Park in Manchester? That is always fun. The Butterfly Place in Westford Ma is also a good place to go.
Good luck!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire