Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2020, 09:03 AM

28 posts, read 26,722 times

Advertisements

Despite campaigning in the "Live Free or Die" state, as I listen to the democrat candidates I am amazed at how many of their policies will restrict our freedom. It seems that other than abortion democrats are against individual freedom. They want to take away our private health insurance, they want to tell us we can't heat our house with oil, they want to dictate what kind of car to drive.

So, please if you go to any town halls or see any candidates please ask them this question "Which of your proposed policies will do to enhancing my freedom rather than limit it?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2020, 09:52 AM

101 posts, read 97,521 times
Incentivising is different than mandating. We do need laws to protect the common good and to keep our state (and earth) healthy!

Old 01-06-2020, 01:18 PM

28 posts, read 26,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippany5 View Post
Incentivising is different than mandating. We do need laws to protect the common good and to keep our state (and earth) healthy!

Duh, taking away my health insurance and forcing me into something the government provides is not and incentive, it's mandating.

BTW, no such word as "incentivizing"

Old 01-07-2020, 09:07 AM

99 posts, read 189,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHSkierGolfer View Post
Duh, taking away my health insurance and forcing me into something the government provides is not and incentive, it's mandating.

BTW, no such word as "incentivizing"
Look it up. There is such a word.

Old 01-07-2020, 09:40 AM

146 posts, read 115,658 times
Ruin one state with your backwards policies then when you can't stand it anymore move to a freer state like NH and then start pushing the same policies again.

Sorry to see a great state like NH suffer because of a bunch of commie trash from Massachusetts moving in.

Old 01-07-2020, 10:21 AM

7,072 posts, read 9,666,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadChadderson View Post
Ruin one state with your backwards policies then when you can't stand it anymore move to a freer state like NH and then start pushing the same policies again.

Sorry to see a great state like NH suffer because of a bunch of commie trash from Massachusetts moving in.
What about New Yorkers moving into NH?

Old 01-07-2020, 11:05 AM

101 posts, read 97,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadChadderson View Post

Wow. Just wow. I am a native 5th generation New Hampshirite...and yes I do support certain legislation restricting certain weapons, and a public option for healthcare. So what?

If anything, what you just said doesn't represent NH...respect people's political opinions

Old 01-07-2020, 03:33 PM

2,649 posts, read 3,556,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippany5 View Post
Wow. Just wow. I am a native 5th generation New Hampshirite...and yes I do support certain legislation restricting certain weapons, and a public option for healthcare. So what?

If anything, what you just said doesn't represent NH...respect people's political opinions
Hard to respect something that seeks to infringe on personal liberty and tries to circumvent the constitution

Old 01-08-2020, 05:22 AM

70 posts, read 71,031 times
As a cannabis consumer, I see the Republicans as the party restricting my freedom at the moment. Live Free or Die has lost its meaning in NH.

Old 01-08-2020, 05:48 AM

1,095 posts, read 1,075,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannon35 View Post
As a cannabis consumer, I see the Republicans as the party restricting my freedom at the moment. Live Free or Die has lost its meaning in NH.

That has little to do with NH.

It is still federally illegal, although that will likely change within the next 5 years. Write your congress critter to recommend introducing the change federally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
View detailed profiles of: