Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2020, 01:30 PM

1 posts, read 2,230 times

Advertisements

Looking for opinions about best cell coverage in Wentworth, NH. We will be relocating to Wentworth, NH this Spring. The cell service in that area is not very good. I know that ATT and Verizon have the most towers but when I check coverage maps it looks like T-Mobile has coverage in Wentworth better than either ATT and Verizon. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2020, 01:57 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Verizon is the best option, but is on the pricier side.

Old 02-25-2020, 02:01 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,055,725 times
On my drive through there last Summer going from West to East through Wentworth to get to Plymouth, I don't think I picked up strong ATT coverage until I hit Rumney. Somewhere in Wentworth is where I picked up coverage again. This was on my cell phone playing Pandora.

My Ipad has Verizon, but I didn't check for coverage in Wentworth.

Old 02-25-2020, 02:24 PM

199 posts, read 180,960 times
The last time I drove up the 25 through Rumney, Wentworth and Warren, I did not have cell reception the entire drive. There are many places in Grafton County where it will not even eke out a text message. I have Verizon, which is the best coverage for NH.

Old 02-25-2020, 05:19 PM
KCZ

4,662 posts, read 3,658,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamfordAB View Post
Looking for opinions about best cell coverage in Wentworth, NH. We will be relocating to Wentworth, NH this Spring. The cell service in that area is not very good. I know that ATT and Verizon have the most towers but when I check coverage maps it looks like T-Mobile has coverage in Wentworth better than either ATT and Verizon. Thank you!

Cell service in that whole area is terrible, and the coverage maps are all overly optimistic. You'll have service in Plymouth, but it drops off once you move away from the I-93 corridor. Verizon is your best bet, but I'd plan on getting a landline at home.

Old 02-25-2020, 05:52 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi.Dunn View Post
The last time I drove up the 25 through Rumney, Wentworth and Warren, I did not have cell reception the entire drive. There are many places in Grafton County where it will not even eke out a text message. I have Verizon, which is the best coverage for NH.
Yeah, the mountain effect is more noticeable, and that is a very low populated area northwest of Rumney. Better signal areas are far more common in lower elevated areas of adjacent Carroll County that don't have the hills blocking reception in more populous areas of the central or southern Lakes Region.

Old 03-03-2020, 06:14 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,979,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Verizon is the best option, but is on the pricier side.
Many other services use Verizon towers. Straight Talk, Net10, Tracfone, etc. So it can be a low cost as one wants.

One can get one year of service using Verizon towers for as little as $69.00 and that includes an Android 9 smartphone.

Old 03-03-2020, 06:30 PM

199 posts, read 180,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Many other services use Verizon towers. Straight Talk, Net10, Tracfone, etc. So it can be a low cost as one wants.

One can get one year of service using Verizon towers for as little as $69.00 and that includes an Android 9 smartphone.
Verizion prioritizes network use. Highest priority are Verizon costumers who are on monthly plans. After that it's Verizon prepaid customers. After that, it's third party carriers who use the Verizon network. With how crummy cell coverage is in NH, I chose to be a monthly Verizon customer because every little bit of better service and coverage matters.

Old 03-28-2024, 09:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,223 times
I live in Warren full time. AT&T works flawlessly everywhere from Warren to Plymouth. It drops out in Bradford, VT, until Corinth / Topsham area. I have a Verizon cell for work that has no signal within 20-30 minutes of Warren. I would recommend AT&T for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire