Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 12:08 PM
KCZ

4,696 posts, read 3,721,933 times

Advertisements

Cell coverage is spotty outside the village.
Fair Point provides good landline service.
Comcast has a presence along Rte 4 and major side streets around the village but outages are problematic and overall customer service is abysmal. Most people have satellite for TV. I don't think there is over-the-air reception anywhere up here.
Internet choices are Comcast if you're in their service corridor (see above), Fair Point DSL which is <7 mbsp, and satellite like HughesNet with which I have no experience but most people say really sucks.

Enfield is better served in all regards although there are places with lousy cell coverage too. They got a stimulus grant for fiber a few years ago and all the places without other internet options now have truly awesome service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2020, 02:39 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,075,820 times
Thanks. I remember much of that side of 93 being spotty outside the "major" population centers.

Oddly enough I remembered Canaan because I had to stop in the center of town and take advantage of some ATT coverage. Spent about a half hour across the street from a gas station in the center of town doing some map research of where I wanted to look next. While I haven't made a thread dedicated to my move yet, strong LTE coverage will be one of requirements wherever I settle.

Edit: I have heard the same on Hughes Net nationwide. That will be one of the reasons I'll want LTE coverage. As a backup internet source.

Old 05-02-2020, 05:33 PM
KCZ

4,696 posts, read 3,721,933 times
Cell towers have historically run along the I-89 and I-93 corridors and Canaan lies in between. In the past 5-10 years, there have been more towers added in between, but coverage is still hit or miss in areas, partly due to all the hills. Canaan spent years trying to strong arm tower companies (most towers are owned by tower companies who lease space to phone companies) into putting up a tower to facilitate EMS communications. When one was finally installed 2 years ago, it improved coverage around the village considerably, but in other areas, not so much.

Last edited by KCZ; 05-02-2020 at 05:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire