Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2020, 12:48 AM
KCZ

4,673 posts, read 3,665,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by abnfdc View Post
Delivered, no. Curbside pickup? Every Walmart out there.

Uhh, no. The closest Walmart doesn't have a grocery with any fresh food (i.e. dairy, meat/fish, fruits/vegetables, bakery), mainly junk food and some canned/boxed stuff. The 2 closest supermarkets don't have curbside pickup either. There are many people who live even further from delivery services or grocery stores with curbside pickup.

Why is it so onerous to wear a mask in a grocery store between the hours of 7-8 am three days a week so high risk people can shop?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2020, 04:24 AM

1,093 posts, read 1,058,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
Uhh, no. The closest Walmart doesn't have a grocery with any fresh food (i.e. dairy, meat/fish, fruits/vegetables, bakery), mainly junk food and some canned/boxed stuff. The 2 closest supermarkets don't have curbside pickup either. There are many people who live even further from delivery services or grocery stores with curbside pickup.
I haven't been in the Berlin or Littleton Walmarts. It looks like Littleton doesn't have grocery, so I guess they would have to go to Berlin, Plymouth, or Woodville. One of the penalties for living rural is lack of amenities and inconvenience. They picked their house-they deal with the good and the bad of the location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
Why is it so onerous to wear a mask in a grocery store between the hours of 7-8 am three days a week so high risk people can shop?

Being onerous or not isn't the point. Why should I wear a face diaper because of someone else-that person can just stay home.

Where is this 7-8 am coming from? If there was such a thing I wouldn't mind it. Let the doomsday afraid of their shadows or peanut allergy people do their thing once or twice a week with a full body condom and let the rest of the world get on with their lives.

Old 10-13-2020, 04:52 AM

1,093 posts, read 1,058,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post

I have a friend that can't wear a masks and its not a fake diagnosis. He has gas mask claustrophobia where he was almost released from the navy because of this. He will start coughing and if the mask is worn long enough he will vomit inside his mask.

Why wasn't he released from the Navy? This would surely make him nondeployable and of little value. He didn't discover this during his basic training?

https://www.militarytimes.com/video/...a-firefighter/

IME, many people who develop things like this late in a government career simply develop it for disability purposes $$. Maybe your friend is one of the exceptions.

Old 10-13-2020, 04:56 AM

55 posts, read 44,222 times
What about the stores right to tell you what to wear inside? I mean that’s your point right? Don’t limit my personal freedom for the sake of someone else? We do this in all kinds of ways by the way. You can’t walk into a store naked. You might like it but you can’t. The same argument could apply to masks. Since you don’t want to wear it don’t go. Walmart requires masks and so do most, of not all, grocery stores near me.

Last edited by zambiehearts; 10-13-2020 at 05:18 AM..

Old 10-13-2020, 08:11 AM

199 posts, read 181,228 times
Quote:
Walmart requires masks and so do most, of not all, grocery stores near me.
But they don't require them. They are only pretending that they require them. If you don't believe me, walk in without one.

Old 10-13-2020, 08:43 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,548,545 times
Quote:
Why wasn't he released from the Navy? This would surely make him nondeployable and of little value. He didn't discover this during his basic training?

https://www.militarytimes.com/video/...a-firefighter/

IME, many people who develop things like this late in a government career simply develop it for disability purposes $$. Maybe your friend is one of the exceptions.
No he convinced them to let him stay in. he did find out in basic training. I guess they let some things slide. he left the navy and never collected disability. He recently told his job and his job has to make accommodations for him.

when he had a scarf over his face he felt claustrophobic and was coughing hard.

Old 10-13-2020, 08:48 AM

Quote:

Being onerous or not isn't the point. Why should I wear a face diaper because of someone else-that person can just stay home.

Where is this 7-8 am coming from? If there was such a thing I wouldn't mind it. Let the doomsday afraid of their shadows or peanut allergy people do their thing once or twice a week with a full body condom and let the rest of the world get on with their lives.
In my state of Massachusetts they have senior shopping which is done between 6 am - 7pm or around those hours. multiple grocery chains are doing this. market basket and stop and shop are two of them.

seniors here are paranoid about the virus.

Old 10-13-2020, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi.Dunn View Post
But they don't require them. They are only pretending that they require them. If you don't believe me, walk in without one.

It was about two months ago I went into a grocery store in new Hampshire and most where wearing masks but a few including me where not and nothing was said. I was in the store for a half hour.

Old 10-13-2020, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambiehearts View Post
What about the stores right to tell you what to wear inside? I mean that’s your point right? Don’t limit my personal freedom for the sake of someone else? We do this in all kinds of ways by the way. You can’t walk into a store naked. You might like it but you can’t. The same argument could apply to masks. Since you don’t want to wear it don’t go. Walmart requires masks and so do most, of not all, grocery stores near me.

some people can not medically wear masks this is a fact. a medical exemption should always be respected. you are restricting your breathing there is no health condition that requires you to go naked.

Old 10-13-2020, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambiehearts View Post
OP, just watch a move at home, especially if you don’t live in New Hampshire. Please don’t bring Covid. One of the nice things about NH is our rates are low. They aren’t going to stay low if everyone just comes here to avoid their local restrictions.

I had to go to new Hampshire to buy shoes. why? because all shoe stores were closed in Massachusetts months ago. no way was I going to order shoes online where id probably have to take them back 3 times because they might not fit.

these governors should be arrested or at least removed for these lockdowns. I only live one hour away from new hampshire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire