Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2020, 12:56 AM

352 posts, read 227,672 times

Advertisements

As I've mentioned in a number of previous posts, we are planning on moving to move to NH in spring/summer 2021.

As many of you know that live on the seacoast, listed properties are moving very quickly.

We found a property that we love (based on pictures and discussion with agent, nothing else yet), which might get us up there more quickly than we planned.

Due to covid-19 travel restrictions early on in some states (between MD and NH), we were unable to travel up to NH to do some physical research back in June and Aug, when we had initially planned. We were hoping to get up there in early Nov but then we saw this particular house that we love.

We are considering submitting an offer sight unseen (something I've never considered in the past). If we can come to an agreement with the sellers, I'll travel up for an inspection.

With that said, can anyone provide some quick feedback on personal experiences in Hampton, particularly on the west side of 95? Do you feel the congestion from the beaches on the west side of 95? How are the neighborhoods? We have two young boys and hope that the neighborhoods are welcoming to new kids. We plan to homeschool but I'm curious about the schools, too, since that always helps down the road for resale.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2020, 06:17 AM

199 posts, read 182,432 times
As I pointed out in another thread yesterday, "traffic" is subjective. I personally find most of NH's traffic to be very tolerable compared to many places in the U.S. That said, traffic does build up on the 95 in the summer. I personally have never found it to be much of an issue on the back roads west of the 95, though. If there is more congestion it's only going to add about five extra minutes to the commute. I'll also throw in that the 101 is usually free of congestion. There are times when the 95 is bumper-to-bumper, but as soon as I get on the 101 it is smooth sailing.

Regarding schools: The Oyster River School district is one of the most coveted in NH. It's in Lee, Durham and Madbury. With that district you will be paying for high property values and higher property taxes. Please know that even though there are "better" school districts in NH, that overall NH ranks in the top few states for public education. So in almost any place you land it will rank high by U.S. standards, even if it's not high on the NH list.

Old 10-18-2020, 08:48 AM

88 posts, read 87,162 times
Definitely check the neighborhood with GoogleEarth…….I'd do street view all around the area

Old 10-23-2020, 05:12 PM

352 posts, read 227,672 times
Thank you, both...good info and great ideas. We now have a contract on a home in NH (although not the same house I was mentioning in the initial post).

Old 10-23-2020, 06:15 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,271,542 times
Depending on EXACTLY where...

But mostly, hell noooooo to Hampton Beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire