Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2021, 12:19 PM

7,922 posts, read 3,462,774 times

Advertisements

The only information I can find says to just get whichever one is available and don't wait to get a specific one, but there doesn't seem to be any info on which one you will receive at which clinic. Did anyone here get the vaccine? If so which one did you get?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2021, 03:55 PM

9,879 posts, read 7,209,711 times
You won't know until you arrive. Then they will advise which one is being administered.

Old 04-15-2021, 05:31 PM
KCZ

4,670 posts, read 3,665,713 times
Given that J&J is now on a pause and supplies were already dwindling, you're going to get Moderna or Pfizer, and I suspect it doesn't make a whole lot of difference.

Old 04-15-2021, 05:44 PM

2,674 posts, read 2,627,105 times
I got J&J the day before they announced the pause. So far no problems

Most people I know who have been vaccinated (regardless of which one they got) had "flu-like" symptoms for a day or so, so be prepared to take the next day off.

Old 04-15-2021, 07:24 PM

7,922 posts, read 3,462,774 times
Well I got round 1 today. Got the Moderna one. I don't think they would've even told me which one I was getting if I hadn't asked them. No side effects yet but I heard you get those more with the 2nd dose.

Old 04-16-2021, 05:28 AM

1,093 posts, read 1,058,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
You won't know until you arrive. Then they will advise which one is being administered.
That's kind of disappointing but understandable. If you're going to get a shot which is still in the emergency use category and is not yet fully approved, you should at least be able to make an informed decision and choose which flavor before you get on the road.

Perhaps when the stocks increase.

Post shot reactions are definitely all over the map. My parents reported nothing unusual, but I know others that were smoked for a couple of days afterwards.

Old 04-16-2021, 10:17 AM
KCZ

4,670 posts, read 3,665,713 times
What percentage of recipients have enough knowledge of immunology and epidemiology to make an "informed decision?" Most people are just parroting something they saw on Facebook.

Old 04-16-2021, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
What percentage of recipients have enough knowledge of immunology and epidemiology to make an "informed decision?" Most people are just parroting something they saw on Facebook.

If it is something they wanted to research, it should be available to research. I don't care what equals "good enough" for one person or another. Their body, their choice.

Old 04-19-2021, 04:54 AM

121 posts, read 109,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
Exactly, how often do you get a choice on what type of flu shot you get or any immunization for that matter?

I had the first Moderna shot about a week and a half ago. Some soreness that lingered for a couple of days but other than that, no sickness. I had the shot on my left arm because it was my non-dominant arm.
Next time i'll choose my right arm because I sleep on my left side and that was the worst part for me. Hearing the second shot is worse for some people. Better to get slightly sick for a day or two then to have a higher chance of ending up in the hospital with Covid.

Old 04-19-2021, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega145 View Post
Exactly, how often do you get a choice on what type of flu shot you get or any immunization for that matter?
Difference being fully FDA licensed vaccine and one authorized on an emergency use basis and is still going through growing pains. If stocks allow, the person being vaccinated should be offered a choice. Whatever decision making criteria or information that person uses to make said choice is up to them.

A person gets to choose the type of flu vaccine you receive every year. Multiple options available if you look around to different providers.

If vaccine developers can figure it out, they should give C-19 the H1N1 treatment and include it with annual flu shots.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/flushot.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDC
There are many flu vaccine options to choose from, but the most important thing is for all people 6 months and older to get a flu vaccine every year. If you have questions about which vaccine is best for you, talk to your doctor or other health care professional. More information on approved flu vaccines for the 2020-2021 flu season, and age indications for each vaccine are available in CDC’s Table: U.S. Influenza Vaccine Products for the 2020-2021 Season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire