Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2021, 09:37 AM

967 posts, read 655,530 times

Advertisements

Averages
Cali. $12,500 per student
NH $16,800 per student
NY $24000 per student
Maine $14000
CT $20,635
RI $16,121
Pa. $16,400
Vt. $ 19,340

What causes NY to spend the most?
What causes Cali. to spend the least?
All these states are dealing with federal and state mandates too. It’s politics, it’s unions. This is indeed about voting. Someone somewhere was put in charge by voters. They are the voice of the voters, as well as their own agendas.

I’m not saying CU shouldn’t be modified, but there is a lot more at play in your property tax than CU shelters.
It’s human nature, the more money you make, the more you spend. Unless there is some accountability. Same goes for your elected leaders.

Let’s just say, those in CU are suddenly paying their “fair share”. That surplus will be spent. I worked for one of the largest municipalities in the country. You hold on to your budget no matter what. You spend it all. Otherwise your budget will be lowered.
Surplus money? Lol, no such thing. It will be spent in other ways. That’s my personal experience.

NH school system has a spending problem that is bleeding their elderly dry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2021, 09:58 AM

7,264 posts, read 4,166,923 times
from an article on the current school funding lawsuit:

Quote:
the average expenditure per pupil in New Hampshire is $16,000, not counting transportation and buildings.

Old 04-24-2022, 02:00 PM

7 posts, read 4,538 times
Default Job tied to Vote

I worked for the Cop Shop in Colorado Springs during Y2K. I was was on a temporary billet that was tied to a vote. Boss man told me if the voters don't approve the budget increase, similar to the 10 personnel increase at the ele school, I will not have a job beginning the new year (vote in Nov). The vote failed and I was looking for a job. Wife, two kids, in the 2nd year of a 30 year mortgage.

Yes, I voted for it. But only because it was directly tied to providing for my family.

Old 04-29-2022, 02:10 PM
miu

17,758 posts, read 40,010,815 times
In the long run, NH does need to add additional revenue streams. Homeowners cannot afford to be the main source for the state's public schools. And having a state income tax is fair, and even a state sales tax.

Otherwise, we have to institute a cap on educational spending. And if parents want better NH public schools, then let them pay an extra fee per student enrolled or better yet, move down to MA. As it is, every year, it becomes harder and harder to get into the top colleges and universities. It's a waste of money for NH to join that rat race. Besides, NH doesn't have the STEM career jobs that states like CA, NY and MA does. NH needs workers in the skilled trades, construction, agricultural and manufacturing sectors. We need young people who aren't afraid to work, get their hands dirty and work up a sweat. Trying to push students into STEM careers only pushes them to live as adults away from NH, to go to where those jobs are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire