Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 02:59 PM

11 posts, read 74,559 times

Advertisements

A wedding that originally started out as bride, groom and immediate family has expanding to about 30/40 people. We don't have a lot of money and while we have found some beautiful B & B's and some fancy venues - we can't help to think there are some small and just as nice parks or gardens out there that won't cost as much, possibly along the coast and preferably with a nice restaurant nearby for a small reception. Any ideas???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 04:22 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,137,371 times
there are a variety of garden parks in NH, but you might want to check out Prescott Park in Portsmouth - its a beautiful flower park maintained by UNH students and it has historic significance - plenty of restaurants nearby

Old 05-12-2008, 05:10 PM

1,281 posts, read 3,703,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck naked View Post
there are a variety of garden parks in NH, but you might want to check out Prescott Park in Portsmouth - its a beautiful flower park maintained by UNH students and it has historic significance - plenty of restaurants nearby
I second that, my cousin got married there a few years ago - and then had the Rusty Hammer for reception. Beautiful

Old 05-12-2008, 05:35 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,945,596 times
What month are you getting married? You might want to consider Fuller Gardens in Rye. Very reasonably priced, just BEAUTIFUL grounds. Late spring is when the tulips, azaleas, rhododenderens, and wisteria bloom. Then the roses start up in June, and they go all summer long--the most incredible rose garden. They also have a Japanese garden, but I'm not sure where on the grounds the wedding ceremonies are held. I think they are now hosting receptions as well, but if not there are restaurants nearby in Hampton or Portsmouth. Please let us know--would love to see pics!!!

Old 05-12-2008, 09:33 PM

Hi... me again. I'm not sure of the rates, but how about at one of NH's small vineyards? A friend of mine pours on weekends at Zorvino Vineyards in Sandown NH. Also there is Flag Hill Winery in Lee. I would imagine there are great photo ops in each, here are the websites: Zorvino Vineyards and Flag Hill Established in 1990 in Lee, NH

I should have checked the rates before posting... I just looked and it doesn't appear that Flag Hill has weddings. Zorvino does, but cost is much higher than I had anticipated... sorry

Last edited by Valerie C; 05-12-2008 at 09:43 PM.. Reason: CHECKED THE WEBSITES...

Old 05-13-2008, 06:56 AM

11 posts, read 74,559 times
Default Thanks

Thanks for all the great ideas. Still looking. I'll let everyone know what we go with!

Old 05-13-2008, 07:32 AM

Someone (Dare to Dream maybe?) got married at Cathedral of the Pines, don't know the cost on that one... but they do have an indoor chapel in case of bad weather... Website: Cathedral of the Pines (http://www.cathedralofthepines.org/weddings-at-cathedral-of-the-pines.html - broken link)

Old 05-13-2008, 08:02 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,176,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
Someone (Dare to Dream maybe?) got married at Cathedral of the Pines, don't know the cost on that one... but they do have an indoor chapel in case of bad weather... Website: Cathedral of the Pines (http://www.cathedralofthepines.org/weddings-at-cathedral-of-the-pines.html - broken link)
Sorry Val - It wasn't me We got married at the gazebo by the river that runs thru Littleton, which I can never spell - the Ammonoosuc (sp?).

Old 05-13-2008, 10:21 AM

67 posts, read 366,223 times
If the weather is nice, you can have a ceremony at the Rye Harbor State Park: The New Hampshire Division of Parks and Recreation

And follow with a nice reception at Saunders At Rye Harbor: Saunders Restaurant at Rye Harbor New Hampshire, USA

Old 05-13-2008, 10:28 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,327,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
It was me. It was over 13 years ago- I think we paid a few hundred dollar donation if I remember correctly. The only other fee for the service itself was the organist and the gift to the minister. We did not buy flowers for the altar as the view of Mt. Monadnock was beautiful and we felt flowers were not necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire