Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 09:53 AM

26 posts, read 16,028 times

Advertisements

Hello dear friends! We decided to leave NJ, but we don't know where The reason we want to move out of NJ is that state passed law that required K-12 to teach sex/gender "theory" and CRT. We have kids in elementary school and we don't want any of these "theories", we just want a good academic education - seems like something so simple, but almost non-existent anymore! In our relocation we are unfortunately limited to just northern states - kids play hockey and need "hockey states". This narrowed down choice to NH - areas like Salem, Nashua and nearby, because NH is the only northern state that adopted anti-CRT laws. I am very encouraged by that, but from what I am hearing this may or may not be reversed... Is NH area like Salem/Nashua/nearby a good place for family with school aged kids? Any advice, recommendation, insights would be highly appreciated...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2022, 12:29 PM

Here are online news that worry us that law may be reverted:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-hamps...theory-lawsuit

https://granitegrok.com/blog/2021/07...ace-theory-crt

https://granitegrok.com/blog/2021/11...iscrimmination

We visited NH in January, it was cold, lots of snow and we liked it a lot, reminded me of Michigan. All people we met were very welcoming.

Old 02-08-2022, 11:08 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,962,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeka1 View Post
Hello dear friends! We decided to leave NJ, but we don't know where The reason we want to move out of NJ is that state passed law that required K-12 to teach sex/gender "theory" and CRT. We have kids in elementary school and we don't want any of these "theories", we just want a good academic education - seems like something so simple, but almost non-existent anymore! In our relocation we are unfortunately limited to just northern states - kids play hockey and need "hockey states". This narrowed down choice to NH - areas like Salem, Nashua and nearby, because NH is the only northern state that adopted anti-CRT laws. I am very encouraged by that, but from what I am hearing this may or may not be reversed... Is NH area like Salem/Nashua/nearby a good place for family with school aged kids? Any advice, recommendation, insights would be highly appreciated...

You don't want your kids to engage with reality? Weird flex there, bub, They'll find out anyways so would you rather it be from their gay friends, online, in the work place or from a structured curriculum? You think you can just hide the fact there are gays and blacks walking around the country affected by narrow minding thinking and white washed history forever? Perhaps you should be worried but for all the wrong reasons. Perhaps be worried you're trying to shelter your kids and think they can live normal lives ignoring these facts. Got news for you, these teachings are standard in kids as young as daycare in most first world European countries and they're light years ahead of the US in nearly every way. Healthcare, housing, medicine. The US has been on a fast backslide for the better part of nearly a decade because of people just like you wanting everything but the bible taken out of curriculum. Theres a reason America is now listed as a "developing nation" status and this mindset you're displaying on this board thinking if you just ignore the facts they'll go away.

How long you think you're going to be able to regress the US back to the 1950's before you find out its affecting more than just those whom you don't know that are around you? Wake up. You don't want them learning CRT? Afraid the kiddos might learn their white washed suburban family wasn't in fact.. the good guy? We'll assume you're choosing NH for its overwhelming white population with a comment like this

Old 02-08-2022, 12:58 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,989,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
You don't want your kids to engage with reality?

How long you think you're going to be able to regress the US back to the 1950's before you find out its affecting more than just those whom you don't know that are around you? Wake up. You don't want them learning CRT? Afraid the kiddos might learn their white washed suburban family wasn't in fact.. the good guy? We'll assume you're choosing NH for its overwhelming white population with a comment like this
Excellent response. To the point.

Quote:
Hello dear friends! We decided to leave NJ, but we don't know where The reason we want to move out of NJ is that state passed law that required K-12 to teach sex/gender "theory" and CRT.
There are magazines and web sites that examine Off the Grid topics and lifestyles. Might be a good idea to move to rural Montana or rural Idaho. Way off the beaten path. And bring the children up the "proper" way.

New Hampshire is made up of school districts where there is an elected school board. Citizens from the community.

Of course, there is home schooling. To isolate the children from society. Rural Montana and rural Idaho there is more space to isolate all.

New Hampshire may not be your answer.

Old 02-08-2022, 01:34 PM

2,674 posts, read 2,627,105 times
Quote:
Anyone can sue anyone else at any time for any reason. They may or may not prevail, we'll have to see.

Southern NH is basically a Boston suburb, and you're as likely to run into Boston belief systems there as any other Boston suburb. Further from southern NH, and smaller districts, are more likely to offer a non-political education. The map in this article may help you make a choice you'll be happy with.

You may be interested in this article on school options in NH.

Good luck in your search.

Old 02-08-2022, 03:26 PM

4,569 posts, read 5,671,494 times
Thumbs down Even the people who first wrote about "CRT" agree that it is not a topic for youth education curriculae

NJ law is not what either side is claiming it is, read the text of bill A4454

Old 02-08-2022, 05:11 PM

23 posts, read 22,904 times
Quote:

I would aim for private school education, if you can afford it. Ensure that you research it well before though and review curriculum. Public school in NJ ("blue ribbon") was awful, and while in NH it might be better, you never know. Salem impressed me with how apolitical it seemed, you see a lot of signs about local elections, sheriff, etc, but nothing about the national craziness that was ongoing at the time (2020). Not sure about the public school system there, but its close to MA, so expect at least some "progressive" spillage. Check out the towns north of that - around Lake Winnipesaukee, for example.

Not sure about good hockey being exclusive to northern states. There should be plenty of indoor places in any state to practice for kids, adults. TB Lightning always do well

Old 02-08-2022, 07:35 PM

Dear jdhpa and coss, I highly appreciate your advice! It is very helpful. I will check area you recommended, but it is likely to be far from hockey. As for schools I was encouraged to see that NH gov website actually has a form to submit about race discrimination in light of anti-CRT laws adopted by state.

Other commenters seems to be the type of people who created this mess in the first place. Funny how they assumed my race, which by itself is racist. Also funny how another person is trying to say that we don't understand NJ law that affects us living now in NJ and we are experiencing it in real life... From now on I will completely ignore any posts like this and won't reply.

I am now almost completely convinced to move to NH and do my part to make it a little more red..

Old 02-08-2022, 07:50 PM
KCZ

4,673 posts, read 3,665,713 times
Quote:
Dear jdhpa and coss, I highly appreciate your advice! It is very helpful. I will check area you recommended, but it is likely to be far from hockey. As for schools I was encouraged to see that NH gov website actually has a form to submit about race discrimination in light of anti-CRT laws adopted by state.

Other commenters seems to be the type of people who created this mess in the first place. Funny how they assumed my race, which by itself is racist. Also funny how another person is trying to say that we don't understand NJ law that affects us living now in NJ and we are experiencing it in real life... From now on I will completely ignore any posts like this and won't reply.

I am now almost completely convinced to move to NH and do my part to make it a little more red..

I had a lot of sympathy for you until I read your final sentence. NH residents don't need out-of-staters moving up here and telling us how to live our lives, especially since every family that moves here raises our taxes.

Old 02-08-2022, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
I had a lot of sympathy for you until I read your final sentence. NH residents don't need out-of-staters moving up here and telling us how to live our lives, especially since every family that moves here raises our taxes.

As American I am free to live where I want and to vote the way I choose and losing your sympathy is the price I am willing to pay to keep my rights.

Last edited by mikeka1; 02-08-2022 at 08:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire