Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 10:05 AM

132 posts, read 356,388 times

Advertisements

Have you ever been to NE or are you going on a gut feeling? Either way you will love it!!!!!!!!!!. Visiting in the fall is definitley the best time to convince DH to make the move.

We will be moving to NH and will be within easy driving distance to family. I have always loved NH as well as Maine and the job market for us is better in NH. Maybe we will meet up in NH someday.

Have a great 4th!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2008, 10:35 AM

311 posts, read 995,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy, CA View Post
We live in Riverside where we are melting from the heat and staying inside because the air quality is so poor.

We are hoping to move to NH in 4-5 years but wish it was sooner(housing market slowing us down). My family(a very large one at that) is from Maine and most of them are still there. I lived on Orr's Island for 3 years before returning to CA to take care of some financial interests(ie house) and ended up getting married to my best friend and having 4 great kids to boot. I have been looking to get back to NE ever since and will keep that dream alive till I am living it.

We were just in Maine this last summer and the kids fell in love with NE too. They are so excited to be moving and living by their cousins and living in snow(let's see how long that lasts).

Hope you get out of CA soon. Best of luck!!
Hi Cindy! My daughter's going to Riverside with her friend in August. You're not by any weird-small-world-stranger-than-fiction-way Lauren's aunt, who she'll be staying with???!!! Boy that would be funny if you were! Being from NH, we're not used to poor air quality OR heat. What should she do/bring to prepare herself?

Orr's Island?? My husband had family that lived on Orr's Island - the Berry's - and his great grandfather (deceased) Israel Baker was from Orr's. I only visited there once but loved it.

Old 07-05-2008, 03:38 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,957,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy, CA View Post
Have you ever been to NE or are you going on a gut feeling? Either way you will love it!!!!!!!!!!. Visiting in the fall is definitley the best time to convince DH to make the move.

We will be moving to NH and will be within easy driving distance to family. I have always loved NH as well as Maine and the job market for us is better in NH. Maybe we will meet up in NH someday.

Have a great 4th!!!!!
With me, it is all gut..lol. I have been to NYC only. Have you ever felt something in your "gut" like it was something you were supposed to do?? Well that is how I feel about NE. I am being drawn to it for a reason. That is the fun part, to find out what the reason is.

That is why we are going in the Fall. I am no dummy..lol. I know he will fall in lovw with it too. We do talk about it all the time.

I am hoping that one day, we will have a NH forum meet and greet. That would be so much fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire