Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 08:32 PM

1,274 posts, read 2,383,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgthoskins View Post
I don't know why you feel compelled to take my money to pay for special needs of children that are not mine.
Yikes - that's harsh. I'm no bleeding heart liberal, but I believe special needs programs like this benefit society by producing graduates who place less (or no) burden on society compared to leaving them "on their own". As the saying goes, "pay me now or pay me later".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 06:42 AM

1,200 posts, read 2,217,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveusaf View Post
Yikes - that's harsh. I'm no bleeding heart liberal, but I believe special needs programs like this benefit society by producing graduates who place less (or no) burden on society compared to leaving them "on their own". As the saying goes, "pay me now or pay me later".
I wasn't trying to be harsh, I'm just tired of the .gov taking half of what I make for the common good of man while 47% of the population doesn't pay a dime...

Old 07-29-2010, 11:22 AM

1,274 posts, read 2,383,134 times
Then the issue should be to get the 47% to contribute, not attack the program itself. Totally separate issues.

You're right, though. Rich or poor, we should all pay. Not that I'm real knowledgable about it, but seems like a flat tax would be appropriate. Off topic, though....

Old 02-03-2011, 05:06 PM

2 posts, read 2,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgthoskins View Post
I don't know why you feel compelled to take my money to pay for special needs of children that are not mine.
I guess it does take "all kinds" to make the world go round. I just don't know why you would feel compelled to be completely insensitive. I didn't choose to have a hearing impaired child. I'm glad your children (if you have any) were born without any health issues. I would be paying property taxes, just like you. I'm not looking to move up there in to an apartment and live off of the state. For the record, I have been employed and paying taxes since I was 14 years old, my husband the same. This is a free country and I can move anywhere that I want to; that includes the Monadnock area of NH as well. Thank you for your thoughtful reply!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire