Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 05:54 AM

161 posts, read 339,682 times

Advertisements

I’ll tell you my viewpoint. Now it could be that I’ve had way too much coffee this morning. I need to say this.. I am very grateful to all of you who contribute to the NH board. I’m still learning. When I have a question I do a search first to see if it’s already been answered. That’s a good thing right. I started in 2007 and I was so appreciative of the help I received. I am back and I will still have questions about Who, What, Where in NH. but I will give back in any way I can. When I saw that movie” Pay it Forward” it resonated with me in a profound way. And so when I found City Data… well it just all made sense. Thank you Onward and Upward
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 07:03 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,177,255 times
Keltic - if you've had too much coffee this morning, then so have I because I feel the same way

When we relocated to NH, I think I drove a lot of people crazy with my questions....I guess I still do sometimes...but everyone has always been very nice and patient with me.

You know, it's kinda funny - some people get all freaked out with the internet and "talking" to people on forums, message boards, etc. I first started with message boards many moons ago when Prodigy was a major force in the internet. I "met" a lot of people on those forums. I consider some of them my best friends - I've met some in "real life", others only through email or the phone, but when I've needed info or support or whatever, they've been there for me - more so than a lot of friends in "real life". Heck I even met my husband on the internet - we lived 5 miles from each other and had never met until we "found" each other on the internet!

Old 06-19-2008, 07:25 AM

161 posts, read 339,682 times
DTDream, I agree with you my first time was when I had AOL in 1989 Wow!! There is a tremendous amount of resources on the internet and on City Data very helpful. Some folks might say well sometimes folks can be mean but isn't that everywhere For me I try to follow that book, great and fast read btw..Dale Carnegies ( How to Win Friends and Influence People written in 1949 ish could be wrong about dates and amazing how the teachings of this book hold true today..What did Dale say in book that spoke to me " Avoid commens on politics and religion " makes sense that is personal to every individual. Also Monty Python has a great skit if anyone gets to see it...Title " The Argument Clinic" Hilarious..so I'm not into arguments..everyone has an opinion, advice take what works for you ..Kelty

Old 06-19-2008, 07:38 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I don't NEED city-data but I certainly enjoy the dialog. Thanks for the conversation.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:40 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,305,342 times
Talking feel free

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
Keltic - if you've had too much coffee this morning, then so have I because I feel the same way

When we relocated to NH, I think I drove a lot of people crazy with my questions....I guess I still do sometimes...but everyone has always been very nice and patient with me.

You know, it's kinda funny - some people get all freaked out with the internet and "talking" to people on forums, message boards, etc. I first started with message boards many moons ago when Prodigy was a major force in the internet. I "met" a lot of people on those forums. I consider some of them my best friends - I've met some in "real life", others only through email or the phone, but when I've needed info or support or whatever, they've been there for me - more so than a lot of friends in "real life". Heck I even met my husband on the internet - we lived 5 miles from each other and had never met until we "found" each other on the internet!

yeah dare, that's funny because i met my wife on the internet. 8 years ago been married 6. if i have the answers to anyones questions, i will help anyway i can. i was always told that the stupidest question is the question not asked. so ask away. if i can help i will.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRRACING View Post
yeah dare, that's funny because i met my wife on the internet. 8 years ago been married 6. if i have the answers to anyones questions, i will help anyway i can. i was always told that the stupidest question is the question not asked. so ask away. if i can help i will.
Met my husband 9 years ago - married for 2 years this September - it took us longer to decide to get married

Old 06-19-2008, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I don't NEED city-data but I certainly enjoy the dialog. Thanks for the conversation.
Aw, c'mon Greg - you know you NEED at least the NH forum for comic relief!

Old 06-19-2008, 08:54 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,305,342 times
Talking See How Nice Citidata Is. You Can Make Freinds And Not Leave Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
Met my husband 9 years ago - married for 2 years this September - it took us longer to decide to get married

when i met my wife online we lived 300 miles from each other. i told my wife i wanted to wait 2 years before we got married. she drove all the way from ny to nh to see me for the first time. i was definately worth the trip. LOL HA HA HA

Old 06-19-2008, 09:04 AM

472 posts, read 1,710,186 times
I definitely need it right now-- I've been "hovering" over this forum and the Oregon forum for days, mulling over the differences and similarities between the two. I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that the two places are two entirely separate and distinct cultures, radically differing in their underlying structures. It's been almost like a rather intense anthropology seminar. Fascinating, as Mr. Spock would say.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRRACING View Post
when i met my wife online we lived 300 miles from each other. i told my wife i wanted to wait 2 years before we got married. she drove all the way from ny to nh to see me for the first time. i was definately worth the trip. LOL HA HA HA
SHE drove from NY to NH to meet YOU for the first time? Geesh, you'd a thunk you could have gone to meet her on her "turf" for the first time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire